Sid: David Benedict says its possible as many as 8K students could show up for game

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Sid:

• David Benedict, executive associate athletic director for the Gophers, reports that only 3,500 seats are left for the Aug. 29 home football opener against UNLV. Benedict said the marketing department has worked hard on the student sale and it’s possible as many as 8,000 could show up for the game, including many freshmen.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/twins/220598611.html?page=all&prepage=1&c=y#continue

Go Gophers!!

And it is up to the students to make the Bank loud and obnoxious.

And it is up to the students to make the Bank loud and obnoxious.

It's up to all of us. You get what you yourself create. I'm 40 and I'll be up cheering and singing and dancing along with the kids. Come join us. We gotta breed the Scandanavian reticence out of our fanbase. Not the people, mind you. Just the ultra-rserved tendencies. It's ok to have obvious fun if you're out of college.

It's up to all of us. You get what you yourself create. I'm 40 and I'll be up cheering and singing and dancing along with the kids. Come join us. We gotta breed the Scandanavian reticence out of our fanbase. Not the people, mind you. Just the ultra-rserved tendencies. It's ok to have obvious fun if you're out of college.

Amen!

I don't think there was a game last year when I left with my voice intact. Go Gophers!

Just don't stand up in front of the old people...............I just had a thought - we need to find some enterprising local company to sponsor periscopes (like they have at golf tournaments) for fans who don't want to/can't stand up. Make them Maroon and Gold, and call them "GopherScopes." Whatcha' think?

Just don't stand up in front of the old people...............I just had a thought - we need to find some enterprising local company to sponsor periscopes (like they have at golf tournaments) for fans who don't want to/can't stand up. Make them Maroon and Gold, and call them "GopherScopes." Whatcha' think?

Yes

Attachments

• image-3753906328.jpg
    image-3753906328.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 15

It's probably more important to a 'short' person.

per Sid:

• David Benedict, executive associate athletic director for the Gophers, reports that only 3,500 seats are left for the Aug. 29 home football opener against UNLV. Benedict said the marketing department has worked hard on the student sale and it’s possible as many as 8,000 could show up for the game, including many freshmen.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/twins/220598611.html?page=all&prepage=1&c=y#continue

Go Gophers!!

&$#**E*%VR&^## no-good Marketing Department over at the U. See? There will be 15-20 THOUSAND tickets that will need to be sold...Oh sorry, didn't see the 3,500. But I'll bet that they'll only be 2-3,000 of the bloody STUDENTS in the stands...oh, maybe not.

Boy this automatic whining isn't as easy as it looks. :rolleyes:

Anybody want to start a "BUT THEY'LL ONLY BE 25,000 IN THE SEATS" or "sit or stand" thread"?

Oh, just looked. My bad. :cool:

I'm waiting for GopherVotary to start another conspiracy thread.

Season tickets are nearly sold out, it's a fact. There are thousands of tickets that are not included in the public season tickets numbers that keep getting bandied about: private box, indoor club, outdoor club, loge box, accessible seating, student tickets, visitor tickets, players tickets, staff tickets, AD tickets, administrative tickets, WALK-UP tickets (yes, they reserve a couple of thousand of those). What you are left with is about 30,000 true "public season tickets", which is about where we're at. All the wailing and gnashing of teeth does not change those facts.

We tried to get 4 - $500 seats together (can't really afford it, but we were taking a flyer to upgrade our seats). Told it couldn't be done. Fact.

Great job, ticket staff, great job AD.

I'm waiting for GopherVotary to start another conspiracy thread.

Season tickets are nearly sold out, it's a fact. There are thousands of tickets that are not included in the public season tickets numbers that keep getting bandied about: private box, indoor club, outdoor club, loge box, accessible seating, student tickets, visitor tickets, players tickets, staff tickets, AD tickets, administrative tickets, WALK-UP tickets (yes, they reserve a couple of thousand of those). What you are left with is about 30,000 true "public season tickets", which is about where we're at. All the wailing and gnashing of teeth does not change those facts.

We tried to get 4 - $500 seats together (can't really afford it, but we were taking a flyer to upgrade our seats). Told it couldn't be done. Fact.

Great job, ticket staff, great job AD.

True and, if I may, great job Nebraska, Wisconsin and maybe Iowa fans. Bundling their tickets with the Non-Conference games was a game of chicken and the U appears to have won. It would have been a bad idea to subsidize tickets for the public until they rang every dime they could out of those fan bases.

Now NEXT year...nope, not going to worry about THAT just yet!

Luckily, I was able to get four extra seats together in section 151 for the NE game, what with the stadium being sold out and all. Time for the 30K addition!

Luckily, I was able to get four extra seats together in section 151 for the NE game, what with the stadium being sold out and all. Time for the 30K addition!

So which game did you bundle it with?

Top Bottom