Alternative to Sallys?

I apologize for my mistake. I obviously have not been calling you "out in theads" (sic) enough. Consider this sic as my first attempt to reach the lofty heights station19 and Dr.Don have obtained.

What? I thought I blocked you...crap. Fix that.

I hit up "The Hole" often last year as well. I remember it from back in college (mid 2000's) when I was in school at the U when it was "Leaning Tower of Pizza". The new place is definitely much improved from what it was. Usually a good post game spot for me to grab a bite if I'm staying at the Days Inn (keepin' it classy).
I used to love Leaning Tower! Good pizza, good wings, good beer.

No one does 7 Corners? We park/tailgate in the law school lot. I plan to skip tailgating next week and hit up Bullwinkle's or Town Hall. 7 Corners is also nice for a post-game bump. Not so crowded as Stadium Village and a nice walk through campus.

7 corners isn't bad..its just a bit pricier. I like it more of a post-game wind down session after a 11 or 2:30 kick with a nice beer or two at Town Hall or Republic. Bullwinkles is where we usually end up if the weather is too crappy for tailgating, however luckily we haven;t had to deal with that too much.

Outdoor options:
The Hole
Stub & Herbs
BW3 (never been on game day)

Others I have been to:
Campus Pizza
McNamara

My plan is so simple as an Alternative to Sally's:

Less crowded, cold beer, food galore, and outdoors:

1. Cooler full of beer. Drink a cold beer while filling cooler.
2. Cooler of beer covered with ice. Drink another cold beer while pouring ice into cooler on top of beer.
3. Cooler of beer covered with ice by picnic table in my back yard. Drink another cold beer while positioning table and cooler.
4. Weber coals ready for indirect heat method to do a nice sirloin tip roast cooking slowly. Drink another cold beer while starting the grill.
5. Drink another cold beer while the coals are heating.
6. Slice Hobo potatoes, carrots, onions, green peppers, brussel sprouts, and sliced tomatoes, all wrapped in foil for cooking on grill. Drink another cold beer while slicing and wrapping all of the veggies
7. Radio on to listen to pregame. Drink another cold beer listening to pregame.
8. Prepare my campfire for ambiance. Drink another cold beer while preparing campfire.
9. Check progress of beef roast, adding a few coals as needed. Start my campfire. Drink another cold beer checking progress of beef roast.
10. Take a break from all of this hard work by sitting down and having a nice cold beer.
11. Timing is perfect, game starts when beef roast is medium rare, hobo potatoes/veggies are done perfectly, set food aside to finish cooking off the grill. Drink another cold beer while waiting.
12. Take perfectly grilled beef roast and perfectly cooked hobo potatoes/veggies and place in fridge to eat Friday.
13. Drink a nice cold beer while listening to game.
14. See (13).
15. Stoke campfire, and see (13).
16. Make sure campfire is under control, and see (13).
17. Open last beer in cooler and fall asleep on picnic table after Gophers Win.

My plan is so simple as an Alternative to Sally's:

Less crowded, cold beer, food galore, and outdoors:

1. Cooler full of beer. Drink a cold beer while filling cooler.
2. Cooler of beer covered with ice. Drink another cold beer while pouring ice into cooler on top of beer.
3. Cooler of beer covered with ice by picnic table in my back yard. Drink another cold beer while positioning table and cooler.
4. Weber coals ready for indirect heat method to do a nice sirloin tip roast cooking slowly. Drink another cold beer while starting the grill.
5. Drink another cold beer while the coals are heating.
6. Slice Hobo potatoes, carrots, onions, green peppers, brussel sprouts, and sliced tomatoes, all wrapped in foil for cooking on grill. Drink another cold beer while slicing and wrapping all of the veggies
7. Radio on to listen to pregame. Drink another cold beer listening to pregame.
8. Prepare my campfire for ambiance. Drink another cold beer while preparing campfire.
9. Check progress of beef roast, adding a few coals as needed. Start my campfire. Drink another cold beer checking progress of beef roast.
10. Take a break from all of this hard work by sitting down and having a nice cold beer.
11. Timing is perfect, game starts when beef roast is medium rare, hobo potatoes/veggies are done perfectly, set food aside to finish cooking off the grill. Drink another cold beer while waiting.
12. Take perfectly grilled beef roast and perfectly cooked hobo potatoes/veggies and place in fridge to eat Friday.
13. Drink a nice cold beer while listening to game.
14. See (13).
15. Stoke campfire, and see (13).
16. Make sure campfire is under control, and see (13).
17. Open last beer in cooler and fall asleep on picnic table after Gophers Win.

Either you've mastered copy and paste or I'm having extreme deja vu.

What? I thought I blocked you...crap. Fix that.

Where did you find this guy and are you responsible for what he has become? This is starting to feel like a bad Frankenstein monster movie. Very strange Igor!:confused:

again and again and a'gin

:banghead:
Either you've mastered copy and paste or I'm having extreme deja vu.

I had to scroll up the screen and make sure I hadn't opened the other string. I thought I was losing it for a second. :confused:

No one's mentioned the Big 10? Can't beat their subs.

I agree, for food, the Big 10 is the best. But the problem with the Big 10 is size. Stub & Herbs and BWW have large outdoor areas that can hold a lot of people. If you don't get to the Big 10 early, you are SOL.

Our group is starting at Stubs at noon, then on to Ski-Uh-Mah lot when it opens at 2pm.

No one's mentioned the Big 10? Can't beat their subs.

When I first read this I wasn't really thinking. It didn't quite make sense and I asked myself what is this about. Is it some guy trying to say at least in the Big Ten we have good subs compared to the SEC. Then the light when on.:confused:

Has anyone been to BullWinkles since it reopened about a year ago? It used to be our spot to watch road Gopher Basketball games in the 90's.

I agree, for food, the Big 10 is the best. But the problem with the Big 10 is size. Stub & Herbs and BWW have large outdoor areas that can hold a lot of people. If you don't get to the Big 10 early, you are SOL.

Agree on Big 10. We have basketball and football season tickets. We love the Big 10 before BB games, but need a different vibe for football -- more people, camraderie, atmosphere.

Top Bottom