Weather for the Opener

It looks like now that we are on the eve of the opener, the forecast is coming into focus and it is looking better. I see (on wunderground) the chance of rain for the day in general has dropped from 40% to 30%. Also, looking at the hourly forecast for Thursday earlier this week the chance of rain dropped to 10% by 8 or 9 PM. Now, that same hourly forecast has the chance of rain dropping to 10% at 7:00 PM. Still warm with a high of 90 and a low of 73 tomorrow with temps throughout the game in the high or mid 80's. Not scorching, but plenty warm.

Shorts and a tshirt should pretty much do it for comfortable viewing of the opener within the stadium.

It looks like now that we are on the eve of the opener, the forecast is coming into focus and it is looking better. I see (on wunderground) the chance of rain for the day in general has dropped from 40% to 30%. Also, looking at the hourly forecast for Thursday earlier this week the chance of rain dropped to 10% by 8 or 9 PM. Now, that same hourly forecast has the chance of rain dropping to 10% at 7:00 PM. Still warm with a high of 90 and a low of 73 tomorrow with temps throughout the game in the high or mid 80's. Not scorching, but plenty warm.

Shorts and a tshirt should pretty much do it for comfortable viewing of the opener within the stadium.

Still too effing hot!

Shorts and a t-shirt should pretty much do it for comfortable viewing of the opener within the stadium.

It's an "inexact" science to be sure. ;)

Accuweather says it should be in the low 80's at kickoff with dew points in the 70's, and a 47-51% chance of rain.

Maybe by this time tomorrow it will change but today, it still looks like you'll need that poncho in a pouch!

http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/minneapolis-mn/55415/hourly-weather-forecast/348794?hour=41

As a student, I'm not looking forward to getting a decent seat at 5 o clock and sitting on the metal bleachers for an hour in the scorching heat.

Pay one of the freshman to hold your seat

I would settle for having the lower bowl (or however many rows that get you to 3000 seats) reserved for students that actually bought tickets. The freshmen who got freebies can sit behind us. Then I could show up at 5:45 and get my usual seat and avoid the worst part of the heat.

That level of humidity could definitely come into play in this one. We all know how much high humidity saps your energy under normal conditions and that is without strapping on a ton of football gear and performing a high level of physical exertion.

Training staff will earn their money tonight keeping all the players well hydrated and as cool as possible. Both teams are likely to deal with some heat related issues throughout the course of the game.

Sidelines will need plenty of Gatorade, water, pickle juice, chocolate milk...or whatever works these days.

Its hot! Damn hot, real hot! Crotch pot cooking.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/DpktBGInl60" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Top Bottom