Weather for the Opener

I just ask for a nice warm evening at the end of August. Syracuse in the fall was great, but a night game in the summer could be so much better.

I just ask that it's not hot and humid - it's been a cool summer hope it's that way at Gametime!

I just ask that it's not hot and humid - it's been a cool summer hope it's that way at Gametime!

Yeah I don't know if UNLV could handle our below average temperature and humidity.:confused:

Aren't we taking a gamble getting our weather from Iceland?

Early weather prediction for UNLV

90 degrees and chance of a storm it said yesterday. Probably wont storm during the game but heat could be a factor. Good its a night game. Can UNLV handle the heat ha.

90 degrees and chance of a storm it said yesterday. Probably wont storm during the game but heat could be a factor. Good its a night game. Can UNLV handle the heat ha.

edit: already moved so nm.

Isn't there someone on here that always gets irritated by weather threads? I always like them. Just another way to mentally put you in "game mode" for the upcoming game day.

8/29 weather

Yeah, I know its 9 days away but one source says 94 and the other 88 with no rain. Rain is my main concern. We are thinking of leaving early in the morning, park in our usual place, take bus #16 the Twins/KC game at 1pm and bus back to TCF.

Isn't there someone on here that always gets irritated by weather threads? I always like them. Just another way to mentally put you in "game mode" for the upcoming game day.

I think its sudapfly that gets bent out of shape at the weather threads and I'm not sure why. I'm in total agreement with you Schnauzer, I like these threads, the weather is a big part of a games storyline and certainly fan preparation and experience. It sure is fun to have weather be a point of discussion as 25 years of 72 and a Dome covered atmosphere makes it that much better.

Go Gophers!!

I'm thinking there will be weather.

I would check the afternoon forecast at noon on the 29th. 50-50 chance it will be correct, so dress accordingly.

More accurately, check Accuweather at 8:00 the next morning. It will give an a pretty decent report of what it was like.

I think its sudapfly that gets bent out of shape at the weather threads and I'm not sure why. I'm in total agreement with you Schnauzer, I like these threads, the weather is a big part of a games storyline and certainly fan preparation and experience. It sure is fun to have weather be a point of discussion as 25 years of 72 and a Dome covered atmosphere makes it that much better.

Go Gophers!!

Or Highwayman? :D

I'll wait to hear what the on-field weather man says at halftime about the forecast. He'll be 100% correct.

I'll wait to hear what the on-field weather man says at halftime about the forecast. He'll be 100% correct.

You would think this would be true, but I would make no such guarantee. I was watching the Today show on closed circuit once and they were telling us it was a sunny morning in NYC and I was standing outside Rockefeller Center in the rain with the cameras showing us in the live crowd. Some weathermen aren't smart enough to just walk outside and look up.

Click here each day and then check Hourly Weather Graphs Wednesday evening / Thursday
http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClic...eld1=44.9618&textField2=-93.2668#.UhqF_2wo7IU

As of this posting:
Thursday A 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Partly sunny, with a high near 89. Calm wind.
Thursday Night A 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Partly cloudy, with a low around 70. East southeast wind around 5 mph

What's the over/under on how long it takes for concessions to run out of water?

My belief is that bad weather always benefits the home team (even though UNLV is from the dessert). IIRC, the visiting team is responsible for their own cooling equipment (at least anything above basic fans) and the premium cooling stuff is expensive to buy and transport - neither of which favor a smaller budget program. The Gophers will probably have more than 90 players on the sidelines whereas UNLV might send 65 - so they will run out of fresh bodies before us. The Gophers sideline should be shaded for the entire game whereas the Rebels sideline will be in the sun.
I think we get to choose out colors and they must choose contrasting colors - so if we choose all white (yuck) then they might end up in dark colors.

On a related note, does anyone else remember when the crew at FAU couldn't unlock the closets that the yardage markers were stored in on a particularly hot/humid Miami day in 2007? I think the players all had to stand around on the field for about half an hour in that heat. I always smelled some suspect gamesmanship in that situation.

Heat will be an interesting side factor for this one. The weather during camp was very mild so the players have not been exposed to a ton of high heat/humidity like they typically would have been by this time of year. Hopefully they take care of business early so that the coaches can comfortably work the backups in under lower stress game situations.

Top Bottom