Rules for Predict the Score Contest. FREE Gopher T-Shirts This Year!!

Dr.Don

Reaction score
Please, no predictions yet, contest is not open yet!!!

Contest will begin on Thursday August 22.

Rules for Gopher Predict the Score Contest:

1. Predict the exact score, winner.
2. If more than one entrant do #1, Earliest entrant wins 1st place, later entrant awarded 2nd place.
3. Additional exact score pickers get 2nd place, 3rd place, etc.
4. If no exact score, closest to exact score wins.
5. If #4 happens, if a tie, then person closer to Gopher score wins.
6. Commissioner will announce 1st and 2nd places after each game.

If any questions, please add them on this Thread.

Thank you.

I, as well as hundreds of GopherHolers, are anticipating with excitement to get this season and contest going.

Due to the anticipation of lots and lots of entrants, to assist the Commissioner in determining the winner, please use the format as indicated below:

Even if you pick the opponent to win, please list Gopher Score first, in this format:

Gophers (score)-Opponents (score)

Just a thought, but it might be easier on your part to have a google spreadsheet and that would be your first post in the thread. And have the participants enter there. Pretty easy to set up.

Please, no predictions yet, contest is not open yet!!!
Rules for Gopher Predict the Score Contest:

1. Predict the exact score, winner.
2. If more than one entrant do #1, Earliest entrant wins 1st place, later entrant awarded 2nd place.
3. Additional exact score pickers get 2nd place, 3rd place, etc.
4. If no exact score, closest to exact score wins.
5. If #4 happens, if a tie, then person closer to Gopher score wins.
6. Commissioner will announce 1st and 2nd places after each game.

If any questions, please add them on this Thread.

Thank you.

In case of a tie, I would prefer determining the winner using the tried and true method of paper, scissors, rock.

Just a thought, but it might be easier on your part to have a google spreadsheet and that would be your first post in the thread. And have the participants enter there. Pretty easy to set up.[/QUOTE]

Maybe for you, User.

hqdefault.jpg

We will award one Gopher t-shirt per week to whomever is the first person each week to post the winning final score. If more than one entrant posts the winning score, the first person to do so gets a Gopher t-shirt which we will mail to you. If no one picks a winning score, there will be no Gopher t-shirt winner that week.

Well, I could set it up for you. But if you're happy with your system, I'll keep my pudgy little fingers out of it.

Well User, all I do is review all entrants and compare to the final score. It may take me a little longer, but I am comfortable doing the old fashioned way. After all, I am an old timer, and old is good. :)

We will award one Gopher t-shirt per week to whomever is the first person each week to post the winning final score. If more than one entrant posts the winning score, the first person to do so gets a Gopher t-shirt which we will mail to you. If no one picks a winning score, there will be no Gopher t-shirt winner that week.

Awesome, GH Staff. Thanks for being a part of the fun.

And I agree with the picking final score...Rule one, ya gotta pick the right team. Then the rest of the rules kick in.

Remember, as of today, 5 days to go!!!

Go Gophers!!!

OOOOOO Boy, you are gonna put a lot of pressure on The Commissioner. :)

Now, I have a question...In order to continue excitement and interest, should we limit the t-shirts to one per winner?

In other words, can a person win more than once, or should we spread out the t-shirts to get as many winners of shirts as possible?

Help me please. I mean, I would love winning one, but if I won, say 4, how many people would get pissed?

Sparlimb 0 The Field 13

Pre-Seaso prediction...

Now, I have a question...In order to continue excitement and interest, should we limit the t-shirts to one per winner?

In other words, can a person win more than once, or should we spread out the t-shirts to get as many winners of shirts as possible?

Help me please. I mean, I would love winning one, but if I won, say 4, how many people would get pissed?

I for one wouldn't get pissed if you won 4 (or all of them for that matter). I think whoever wins should get a shirt even if they have won before. Just my thoughts.

Just as I thought. Dr.Don spent all the prize money on beer! Seriously though, It is great that you are supporting all of Dr.Don's hard work with prizes.:clap:

P.S. - I just finished listening to the Sports huddle with Sid and Dave and Jerry was having a hard time containing his enthusiasm for how this team is developing. Great things are happening.

Go Gophers!

I received a PM from GH Staff, and they agreed that one person can win more than once. Winner is winner, and winner receives a free t shirt each game, even if multiple wins by same person.

Here is the Final Standings from last year:

OFFICIAL STANDINGS:

Names forever etched into Eternity in the GopherHole FB Wall of Fame:

08/30/12 @UNLV: Overpass and SJUgopher (Actual Score - Gophers 30-27, winning guesses, 30-28/31-27)
09/08/12 vs New Hampshire: Gopher in Qatar (Actual Score - Gophers 44-7, winning guess 44-7)
09/15/12 vs Western Michigan: JSaluki080 (Actual Score - Gophers 28-23, winning guess 28-24)
09/22/12 vs Syracuse; GoodasGold (Actual Score - Gopher 17-10, winning guess 17 - 10)
09/29/12 @Iowa: Sid Hartman and SPCPrice (Actual S core - Iowa 31-13, winning guesses 24-13/28-17)
10/13/12 vs Northwestern: gopherdudepart2 (Actual Score - NU 21-13; winning guess 24-14) (He edited his score timely, and picked a win)
10/20/12 @Wisconsin: Triple D (Actual Score WI 38 - 13; Winning Guess 41-13)
10/27/12 vs Purdue: Dr.Don and MspHawk (Actual Score - Gophers 44-28, winning guesses, 42-21/35-28)
11/03/12 vs Michigan: scools12 and FanSinceTheFifties. (Actual Score - Michigan 35-13, winning guesses 35-14 / 34-13)
11/10/12 @Illinois: every body knows my name. (Actual Score - Gophers 17-3, winning guess 13-0)
11/17/12 @Nebraska: lakesgopher (Actual Score - Nebraska 38-14, winning guess 38-13)
11/24/12 vs Michigan State: dofr (Actual Score - MSU 26-10, winning guess 27-10)
12/28/12 vs Texas Tech: Bayfieldgopher (Actual Score - TT 34-31, winning guess 34-27)

Top Bottom