Default Gophers are ranked sixth in AVCA Volleyball preseason poll.

Go Gophers!!

On paper, this looks to be as deep a team as Gopher VBall has had in awhile. Lots of returners plus one of the top recruiting classes in the country. Add to that a couple of pretty good transfers and the team appears to be very well put together. Should be interesting to see how it all fits once they get on the court! Overall, looking forward to another year of volleyball with coach McCutcheon and the ladies!

I hope the libero from Puerto Rico is admitted to the U. If the defense improves, the Gophers will be a top five team in the nation this year this year. The coaches just picked them for 2d place (behind PSU) in the Big Ten.

Gophers jump two spots to #4 in the new poll. Penn State takes over #1 after Texas was upset by Hawaii.

Gophers are still 4th in this week's poll. It may be a little high, but we are definitely a top 10 team (closer to 4 than to 10). I saw all three matches this past week end. We have plenty of depth, but I think we could use one more top end player to make the final four. Maybe one of the freshmen will step up.

I'm surprised at the cupcake schedule Hugh McCutcheon put together for this talented Gopher squad. Seems like Mike Hebert always had difficult nonconference schedules to go along with the grueling Big Ten season. Does McCutcheon prefer the Bill Snider/Jerry Kill school of scheduling?

Gophers thoroughly dominated an inferior Indiana team last night. Great way to start the BIG season - Go Gophers!

#1 Penn State knocked off at home by #15 Michigan State.