Throwback Uni's

My favorite uni's were the ones we wore around 95 and 96 with th gold helmets and pants(not yellow like today). The jerseys has the gopher M on each corner of the front of the jerseys by the armpit and were connected by a line going all the way around. We have to go back to gold, not yellow like Nike gives us now, that is not our color.

Those wacker era uniforms were the most hideous things this side of a powderblue baseball throwback! :eek:

I have always thought the all gold uni's looked a little awkward unless they rolled out a gold helmet with a maroon "M" to complement it. If they did that and came out in legitimately all gold I think it could become a "big game" kind of thing on par with Georgia wearing their black jerseys etc.

If they don't do that come out in TCF in all maroon in my opinion.

This what I said when they came out against OSU in the all golds, 'what is up with the maroon helmets?'. We won 5 national championships in all gold, and it was a classic look. Great shots of the old mustard gold sweaters replete with gold leather helmets and the occasional gold leather shoe litter the annuals of Gopher greatness.

thirties.jpg

2T-3DA-FBGLAD_Minnesota.gif

Top Bottom