Brian Bennett: It might not be an upset if San Jose St won at Minnesota

Let's face it, the Gophers cannot afford to overlook ANY team, much less a team that was in the top 25 last year. I look for the Gophers to be anywhere from 3 to 7 point underdogs going into the SJSU game. Nothing wrong with what Bennett has to say. Let's hope that SJSU is overlooking the Gophers.

I know not a lot can be taken just from a box score, but San Jose State only beat FCS Sacramento State 24-0 last night. Sacramento State was 6-5 last year. Fales had an OK game, only completing 50% of his passes. Next week they play @Stanford, so we'll get a better feel for them after that game.

http://espn.go.com/ncf/boxscore?gameId=332410023

Let's face it, the Gophers cannot afford to overlook ANY team, much less a team that was in the top 25 last year. I look for the Gophers to be anywhere from 3 to 7 point underdogs going into the SJSU game. Nothing wrong with what Bennett has to say. Let's hope that SJSU is overlooking the Gophers.

Of course, every team plays against the guys on the opposite side of the line. Where Bennett lacks in perspective is how we are not last years team and neither is SJSU. As long as we do not sustain more key injuries, I would say the Gophers will match up well against SJSU. Victory is within the Goph's grasp.

Top Bottom