JC Hassenauer to Bama?

go4boy

Reaction score
I was told at a Woodbury event tonight that JC has committed to Bama. It is coming from people within the football program.

I was told at a Woodbury event tonight that JC has committed to Bama. It is coming from people within the football program.

Not that you should be blamed for not reading a super long thread, but this is old news.

Clearly this kid is interested in getting an education. Although, I'm pretty sure that they look the other way when it comes to date rape and football players.

Clearly this kid is interested in getting an education. Although, I'm pretty sure that they look the other way when it comes to date rape and football players.

Or he wants to play for the best football program in America.

That was my point, he doesn't care about academics, so he chose based on football.

Not that it's the perfect system for rating universities, but US News has Minnesota at 68 and Alabama at 77. I think you're overstating things.

Or he wants to play for the best football program in America.[/QUOTE

Or maybe he just didn't want to ride the pine behind Mayes his entire career (don't worry I'm kidding), but seriously Johnny why are almost all of your posts so negative towards the Gophers. Are you really even a fan? If it were up to you, we would never get any recruit with a better offer...not everybody is a star-fu**er. Some have loyalty. If the kid was from the South, I'd understand it a little more...I just can't envision anyone choosing to spend 3-5 years of their life in Alabama. Assuming what the counter argument will be, I'll preemptively point out that the #1 overall pick was from Central Michigan this past year.

Or he wants to play for the best football program in America.[/QUOTE

Or maybe he just didn't want to ride the pine behind Mayes his entire career (don't worry I'm kidding), but seriously Johnny why are almost all of your posts so negative towards the Gophers. Are you really even a fan? If it were up to you, we would never get any recruit with a better offer...not everybody is a star-fu**er. Some have loyalty. If the kid was from the South, I'd understand it a little more...I just can't envision anyone choosing to spend 3-5 years of their life in Alabama. Assuming what the counter argument will be, I'll preemptively point out that the #1 overall pick was from Central Michigan this past year.

Posting positive stuff on forums is no fun.

Connor Mayes is all that needed to be said. I wish JC a great injury free career in Tuscaloosa, but Gopher football isn't a joke any more. We are becoming Killer Gophers and we are going to be able to beat anyone in the B1G. Door mat days have ended. This will be a great OL and our days of great RB is returning. BTW, it was fun posting this.

Don't let the MN door hit you in the @ss on the way out JC!

Not that it's the perfect system for rating universities, but US News has Minnesota at 68 and Alabama at 77. I think you're overstating things.

I think, overall, most of the SEC schools are pretty good academically. It's just that athletes are held to such lower standards than the average student. It's like that most places, but seems to be much worse in the SEC. At least that is the perception.

Bama or Minnesota? National Championship or maybe a 3rd tier bowl game ?
Really not a tough choice boys.

Bama or Minnesota? National Championship or maybe a 3rd tier bowl game ?
Really not a tough choice boys.

I hope it was a tough choice for the young man. Stay home and attempt to lead this program or follow to a established program where everything is in place. Some lead, some follow. Holding out hope that JC chances his mind and stays home, but if he doesn't, I'm done cheering for him. I'll be rooting against him and Alabama every saturday- unless they play Wisconsin, then I'll be cheering for him.

IF JC would decide to change his commit to Minnesota I would very excited. When the time comes, The Killer and Limegrover would find an outstanding way to use him with our other incredible OL recruits/players. There is time in the not so long ago past that we were putting OLmen into the NFL. Our best OLines are ahead of us. Would love a Ragnow commit, the sooner the better. We have awesome TEs to top it off. The great young RBs should be pounding on our door to run behind these young men. Jones and Edwards quality in quantity.

Some lead, some follow.

There's not a single leader on Alabama's football team? Makes sense.

but if he doesn't, I'm done cheering for him.

That'll show him.

P.S. The easy choice is stay home and play for the Gophers. To make the decision to line up at Alabama and face the SEC takes guts. Just the reps in practice alone will be a huge test.

This crap about he'll never get a job if he comes back to Minnesota is really funny. The odds are pretty good the young man will be part of a National Championship Team. Nice to have on your resume. If you're an employer an this young man comes in you would be stupid to rule him out just because he didn't play football at Minnesota.

Really can't believe some of the comments here. I wish Hassenauer all the luck in the world. Wish he would have stayed here, but he's not living is life for us (nor should he) when the subject is as inconsequential in the scheme of the universe as where he plays his college football.

I agree with 50 pound head. I can't understand why people on this board feel the need to denigrate a MN kid who decides to go out-of-state to play.

Jeez - imagine if you were an athlete (doesn't matter what sport), and one of the most famous coaches in the sport, coaching a team that seems to play for a national championship almost every year, wanted you to play for him. I think most athletes would jump at the chance. Don't forget, great athletes are great competitors - they believe that they are up to the challenge of competing against the best. If this kid goes to Bama, I'm sure he believes that he's going there to start - not to be cannon fodder on the bench.

The sad thing is - if Hassenauer had comitted to the U, we'd be reading glowing posts about what a great kid he is. But, because he chose to go somewhere else, he's getting trashed.

I agree with 50 pound head. I can't understand why people on this board feel the need to denigrate a MN kid who decides to go out-of-state to play.

Jeez - imagine if you were an athlete (doesn't matter what sport), and one of the most famous coaches in the sport, coaching a team that seems to play for a national championship almost every year, wanted you to play for him. I think most athletes would jump at the chance. Don't forget, great athletes are great competitors - they believe that they are up to the challenge of competing against the best. If this kid goes to Bama, I'm sure he believes that he's going there to start - not to be cannon fodder on the bench.

The sad thing is - if Hassenauer had comitted to the U, we'd be reading glowing posts about what a great kid he is. But, because he chose to go somewhere else, he's getting trashed.

Well said. Congrats to JC, it's a great opportunity.

I could understand some of the anger if he had chosen Wisconsin or Iowa, but I cant really get mad at the kid for wanting to play on a National Championship team.

There's not a single leader on Alabama's football team? Makes sense.

That'll show him.

P.S. The easy choice is stay home and play for the Gophers. To make the decision to line up at Alabama and face the SEC takes guts. Just the reps in practice alone will be a huge test.[/QUOTE

Not following you at all my man. I didn't say anywhere there was no leader on the Alabama team. My point was in my OPINION, the tough choice was to stay home and help lead a turn around for the gopher program. The easy choice was to go to a program that was on top. Some lead, some follow. Lebron followed and won his second championship tonight. Don't like it, but it is what it is.

"That'll show him"????- Well slapnuts, I never meant I was trying to "show him". You see, I'm a fan of the University of Minnesota. I don't particularly like Alabama, and now that JC is committed to Alabama, I'm done cheering for him. If you want to cheer for Alabama, feel free. But I'll continue to support the Maroon and Gold and hope someday they turn it around. Hopefully, it will be on the backs of those Minnesota kids who chose to LEAD us.

You are kinda reaching to say there is alot of negativity to JC on this site. Maybe you felt I was negative by stating I'm done cheering for him. But the bottom line is- he is a talanted kid who chose to go elsewhere. This IS a gopher website, where we tend to cheer on the University of Minnesota. He has every right to go wherever he wants. But when he chooses to go elsewhere, I choose to support those who stay.

Did he play last night?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom