All Things Class of 2015 Recruiting - Class Finally Complete? Nope Chris Obekpa visit

Out of those three, my preference would be Boucher, then Gilbert, then Russo.

I would have to agree with your order. Ultimately, for the last three scholarships I hope we get Boucher, Cunningham, than either Ellison, Walton or Mulder.

I would have to agree with your order. Ultimately, for the last three scholarships I hope we get Boucher, Cunningham, than either Ellison, Walton or Mulder.

I would be excited if we got two of the five.

This is how I felt two weeks ago...

I would be excited if we got two of the five.
My number 1:Malik Ellison 6-5 could be really good, watching a one minute video. Not sure why he's not more highly recruited? He could give us scoring. 8 nice offers or so..
My number 2: Chris Boucher 6-10 205... has a lot of potential. He could give us help in lots of areas!
number 3: Mychal Mulder 6-4 ...9 nice offers..but arguably ours is best prior to Louisville, if they offer. He's a shooter with some versatility.
My number 4 is a projection watching a one minute 2012 video: Cullen Russo 6-9 225 has no offers listed, not rated...looks pretty athletic in 2012 with some skills at 6-9....seems a better fit than 5 or 6 to me....ha...in my one minute looks.
My number 5: Tyler Kohl 6-5...225...looks bigger...shoots well...glides around...don't see him really fitting frenetic...but can score...does have 7 offers
Distant 6th of these 3 guys for me is: Tyson Jolly 6-4 200 is more a tough guy guard...3 offers not sure we don't already have his strengths (apart from toughness)...he's not a shooter...again in a one minute video...to me. He's strong, solidly put together, aggressive but I don't see the potential of the other top two guys. More an athlete than a player...one minute impressions before you guys bash me...just opinions.

All these guys are 6-4 or 6-5...all are 3 stars on rivals. Except Boucher is 6-10 and not rated. Russo 6-9, not rated, no offers.
Who else is in the 2015 spring group?

So, my number 6 is going elsewhere. Pleased with that. Since that time Cunningham has emerged as a possibility however unlikely. He'd be in my top 4 wishes. Walton was kind of forgotten I think and has resurfaced some.
247 sees them like this:
KJ Walton 93
Boucher 92
Mulder 90
Ellison 8767
Russo 87
Kohl 8550
Ahmad Gilbert not in data base
Cunningham not in data base
For me: any three of these guys (w/o Kohl ideally) and we look good.
Who else is in the mix?

Jolly committed to Cal.

Agree with your top 2 guys based on what we know about them. Need quality size that isn't just roster filler, and Boucher seems to fit the bill there. After those 2 no biggie if we don't get any of them.

My number 1:Malik Ellison 6-5 could be really good, watching a one minute video. Not sure why he's not more highly recruited? He could give us scoring. 8 nice offers or so..
My number 2: Chris Boucher 6-10 205... has a lot of potential. He could give us help in lots of areas!
number 3: Mychal Mulder 6-4 ...9 nice offers..but arguably ours is best prior to Louisville, if they offer. He's a shooter with some versatility.
My number 4 is a projection watching a one minute 2012 video: Cullen Russo 6-9 225 has no offers listed, not rated...looks pretty athletic in 2012 with some skills at 6-9....seems a better fit than 5 or 6 to me....ha...in my one minute looks.
My number 5: Tyler Kohl 6-5...225...looks bigger...shoots well...glides around...don't see him really fitting frenetic...but can score...does have 7 offers
Distant 6th of these 3 guys for me is: Tyson Jolly 6-4 200 is more a tough guy guard...3 offers not sure we don't already have his strengths (apart from toughness)...he's not a shooter...again in a one minute video...to me. He's strong, solidly put together, aggressive but I don't see the potential of the other top two guys. More an athlete than a player...one minute impressions before you guys bash me...just opinions.

All these guys are 6-4 or 6-5...all are 3 stars on rivals. Except Boucher is 6-10 and not rated. Russo 6-9, not rated, no offers.
Who else is in the 2015 spring group?

Your list is pretty solid. I pretty much agree. 2 of these players combined with our current commits and roster has potential to make a little noise in the conference.

FYI: Russo is ranked 33 top NJCAA national recruit according to 247 sports. I think Mathuei was 49 or so when we got him.
and their crystal ball has him 100% Texas Tech.
Personally I dont wanna lose hometown talent to Tubby; if the kid can help us and we cant get better players.

http://247sports.com/Season/2015-Basketball/CompositeRecruitRankings?InstitutionGroup=JuniorCollege

Your list is pretty solid. I pretty much agree. 2 of these players combined with our current commits and roster has potential to make a little noise in the conference.

FYI: Russo is ranked 33 top NJCAA national recruit according to 247 sports. I think Mathuei was 49 or so when we got him.
and their crystal ball has him 100% Texas Tech.
Personally I dont wanna lose hometown talent to Tubby; if the kid can help us and we cant get better players.

http://247sports.com/Season/2015-Basketball/CompositeRecruitRankings?InstitutionGroup=JuniorCollege

How was the marketing gimmick crystal ball thing on Dorsey? McBrayer?

Anything relevant in this? Good? Bad?

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

How was the marketing gimmick crystal ball thing on Dorsey? McBrayer?

GW, I know that you like to nag on the crystal ball but it can be helpful. For Gopher hoops, it's not quite as helpful because I don't think the Minnesota site has anyone covering basketball (I could be wrong?), but Kyle still does a good job of putting in predictions that have been very accurate. There's a lot of follow the leader, but I think Goblirsch and Meyer are reasonably accurate. Goblirsch and Humbert are also very accurate for football.

Northwest College coach Brian Erickson said Tuesday the Gophers are trying to get Boucher on an official visit to campus the weekend of April 24. Pitino is also planning to meet with him at his junior college next week.

"In two years, I believe he could be in the NBA," Erickson said. "He's got so much potential, it's unbelievable. You put him at the top of that full-court press, he can use his length to trap in the corner. He fits in (Pitino's system) for sure."

http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci...l-richard-pitino-open-everything-late-signing

Sounds like his coach is high on Pitino and his system. Good sign. If we get him on campus I think he commits.

Looks like April 24th is going to be D day from a recruiting standpoint. I feel like there are 3 or 4 guys scheduled for that date. Boucher? Is Malik E as well?

Looks like April 24th is going to be D day from a recruiting standpoint. I feel like there are 3 or 4 guys scheduled for that date. Boucher? Is Malik E as well?

Ellison already had an official here. I believe Boucher, Russo, and Ahmad Gilbert are visiting on April 24.

A lot of buzz about a forthcoming offer from Kentucky for Mulder. I'd assume he ends up a Wildcat.

Hopefully it doesn't interfere with his visit here next weekend.

per Sid:

• The Gophers men’s basketball team’s fortunes will be a lot more promising if they can succeed in landing Chris Boucher, the National Junior College Athletic Association Player of the Year. The 6-10 forward, who also has offers from Memphis, Texas Tech and Oregon, averaged 22.2 points and 11.6 rebounds this year for Northwest College out of Wyoming.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/300557701.html?page=all&prepage=1&c=y#continue

Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom