All Things Class of 2015 Recruiting - Class Finally Complete? Nope Chris Obekpa visit

I love when people use the exception to the rule, as the rule. Rodman is very well known on the court because he was a phenomenal rebounder and defender for his size. Now there isnt enough room in this entrie Forum to list all the players his size who weren't.

i don't think i was abusing the availability bias on this one. simply pointing out that the 'rule' of being a great rebounder appears to have more to it than just weight (too skinny reference above)

Bill Russell? Buck Williams? Paul Silas?

as for this thread, if we need rebounding and the guy can rebound, I'm not concerned about too skinny

Another exception to the rule is Charles Barkley he stood 6-6 and could score too.

Sorry did not read well enough, didn't realize we were talking about skinny too....cause barkley definetly does not fit that mold.

Generally a guy could be good at rebounding no matter what size he is....IMO it is kind of an art form or a knack for it. I have seen some average to small guys be really great rebounders

Man on internet says Gophers are dabbling in K.J. Walton's recruitment and showing interest in Jamall Gregory

Sacar Anim, 6-5, SF, DeLaSalle (MN), 2015 (above)

One of the hottest names in the country right now, Sacar Anim has taken himself from a name not known outside of the region to one that virtually every college coach looking for a wing is aware of. ‎ He showed his versatile scoring arsenal throughout his 24 point showing in DeLaSalle’s W over Kimberly. Anim hit open threes, finished at the tin, and locked down defensively..... he may reclassify to the class of 2016 due to being young for his grade. http://t.co/5AnWcrqLS6

Sacar Anim, 6-5, SF, DeLaSalle (MN), 2015 (above)

One of the hottest names in the country right now, Sacar Anim has taken himself from a name not known outside of the region to one that virtually every college coach looking for a wing is aware of. ‎ He showed his versatile scoring arsenal throughout his 24 point showing in DeLaSalle’s W over Kimberly. Anim hit open threes, finished at the tin, and locked down defensively..... he may reclassify to the class of 2016 due to being young for his grade. http://t.co/5AnWcrqLS6

Just wondering, but who has said he's one of the hottest names in the country right now?

Man on internet says Gophers are actively recruiting Malik Ellison (#3 on his list)

I just saw that on twitter and had to come see what was known about him. Anybody

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!

That's an odd one, 6-2 PG. Not sure why we would go there unless he is just a great shooter (which we will need)>

That's an odd one, 6-2 PG. Not sure why we would go there unless he is just a great shooter (which we will need)>

He looks like a good player. Pitino has said depth at guard has been a big issue this year, so I guess it's not too shocking that he would want to bring in 3 guards to replace the two that are leaving. This would suggest that the staff sees McBrayer as more of a 3 than a two. Mason/Johnson/Dorsey/Noskowiak would be a good backcourt rotation in this scenario with Morris and McBrayer at the 3.

Still need anther big in this class.

Get another guard, especially one of his ability. Concerns about the rumors surrounding his home/family life though. Kid can shoot, dribble, good size. Looks like a Wisconsin guard, solid, ball handler, shooter. Would be a very nice piece to add.

Both Tubby and Pitino expressed interest at one point. So he's been on our radar for a while.

A lot of the Bucky fans think the issues go deeper with him. Not sure if it's Marquette dislike or truth.

I'd caution against reading anything in to the Noskowiak thing other than the Gophers doing their due diligence on a player with talent. I think it would be hard to keep Mason, Johnson, McBrayer, Dorsey, and Noskowiak all happy on the Gophers, but it wasn't that long ago that the staff was going to have the 4 guards mentioned and Zach Lofton on the roster next year. My hunch is that if the Gophers do add a player shorter than 6'4 for next season, it will probably be a JUCO/Transfer who they think can come in and score immediately as opposed to another freshman.

From reading the forums and tweets of Marquette and Wisky, there is a bit of a divide. Noskowiak first said he had depression issues when he was first sidelined but then claimed he had an abusive father a little later on.

If either of those are true, I feel for the kid and hope he can find something in life to make it right.

However, there are some cryptic/not-so cryptic tweets that he had drug issues and that he's making the rest up (they seem to be coming from HS friends).

If that is the case, please stay away. Not all of it is Richard's fault but we've had too much roster turnover in the last 2 years already. I do not want to have another scholarship open a year or two in over more issues. The Wisky posters point out that Ryan never offered for a reason and Wojo at Marquette (a more "grounded" coach/recruiter than Buzz Williams) grabbed the commitment back after taking the job but eventually let the kid go after things continued.

6-2 guard being tracked by Papa Pitino and Huggy Bear- must be good.

For me, I just want to know who is going to be on the team next year....

Hold on tight this is going to be a wild one. I'm not sure we are even done with the attrition yet. I kind of like the potential of Carlos Morris but his stock is plummeting with RP it appears. Last night 11 minutes 1-1 shooting 3 assists no turnovers and he rode a lot of pine. One thing I'm sure of is that Pitino wants to see a lot of competition at each position next year so that he can sit guys when they need to be sat. The options he is looking at this year cannot be fun.

Top Bottom