All Things Class of 2015 Recruiting - Class Finally Complete? Nope Chris Obekpa visit

Re: Desure Buie... added some EYBL advanced stats and other notes on him at LNH.

Played for the NY Lightning (Angel Delgado, etc!) in the EYBL.. and also late summer with New Heights (Kimani Young's old program) 17U... played up a year for both. NYC kid.

Watching some of his game film, other than a quick first step, I saw no indication of any skills or potential that could make him a D1 player. What must all of the schools following him see?

tweet from Jarvis Johnson at the football game last night. On an unofficial visit, can the recruit not be with current players? or is Rachel Banham with them because of JP?

Jarvis Johnson ‏@Bigjarv12 11h

Had fun tonight with @rachelbanham15 @jpmacura @AIllikainen_25

tweet from Jarvis Johnson at the football game last night. On an unofficial visit, can the recruit not be with current players? or is Rachel Banham with them because of JP?

Jarvis Johnson ‏@Bigjarv12 11h

Had fun tonight with @rachelbanham15 @jpmacura @AIllikainen_25

They're all with current players during their visit, all the time (unofficial or official).

Rachel Banham was probably hanging with them because of Hollins.

I saw Jarvis and company with the current basketball players chilling in the concourse for most of the game. Macura and Joey King seemed to be hanging out a bunch. All current players were wearing neon green shirts, I wonder if Richard wanted them to wear them to stick out?

I like our chances on Jarvis and the kid from Grand Rapids. Most of you are too young, but Jarvis reminds me of Earl the Pearl Monroe. I lived in Philly for a year, and there is a lot of great basketball in the City of Brotherly Love, but none quite like The Pearl.

I like our chances on Jarvis and the kid from Grand Rapids. Most of you are too young, but Jarvis reminds me of Earl the Pearl Monroe. I lived in Philly for a year, and there is a lot of great basketball in the City of Brotherly Love, but none quite like The Pearl.

Earl the Pearl and the 1967 Pan Am Games tryouts at Williams Arena, went to every game I could,Jo Jo White made the team instead of Earl.

Earl the Pearl and the 1967 Pan Am Games tryouts at Williams Arena, went to every game I could,Jo Jo White made the team instead of Earl.

Had to look up the 1967 Pa Am Games to see who else you saw at Williams Arena. The only two names I recognize (before my time) were Jo Jo White and Wes Unseld. Minnesota's John Kundla was the assistant coach which might be why the tryouts were at Williams Arena? Anyways, that team was quite dominant. Here's a link to a site with a roster and a brief recap of the Games if you are interested: http://www.usab.com/mens/panamerican/mpag_1967.html

Had to look up the 1967 Pa Am Games to see who else you saw at Williams Arena. The only two names I recognize (before my time) were Jo Jo White and Wes Unseld. Minnesota's John Kundla was the assistant coach which might be why the tryouts were at Williams Arena? Anyways, that team was quite dominant. Here's a link to a site with a roster and a brief recap of the Games if you are interested: http://www.usab.com/mens/panamerican/mpag_1967.html

I'm not sure but I think some of the underclassman played in the tryouts, I thought Elvin Hayes participated, for some reason Dean Meminger sticks out in my mind, he might have been a high school protegy at the time and got invited to the tryouts, Monroe was by far the best basketball player I had seen to that point, I was just a kid and I remember that they announced the team after the final game of the tryouts and couldn't believe White got picked inplace of Monroe.

From Alex Kline (Rivals guy):

"Minnesota has offered Jonathan Nwankwo - a 2015 PF from Monsignor Scanlan (NY)."

Nwankwo's Rivals profile shows him at 6'9" and 245.

From Alex Kline (Rivals guy):

"Minnesota has offered Jonathan Nwankwo - a 2015 PF from Monsignor Scanlan (NY)."

Nwankwo's Rivals profile shows him at 6'9" and 245.

I would guess he's #32 in this video

Seems like Pitino's strategy is to go guard heavy in 2014 and to target big men in 2015.

Seems like Pitino's strategy is to go guard heavy in 2014 and to target big men in 2015.

I was wondering that too. Is his style of play so guard dependent, that bigs are interchangeable?

I was wondering that too. Is his style of play so guard dependent, that bigs are interchangeable?

I think there are just so many more good big men in 2015 that it just kind of works out that way. Think he wants PFs to be able to shoot and put the ball on the floor and Cs to be able to block shots and rebound.

Some LNH notes on 2015 target Chase Jeter from Bishop Gorman / Dream Vision, as well as Minnesotans (+ Henry) going to USA Basketball camp in a few weeks.

Jeter is a talented, growing kid whose mom is originally from Minnesota. His thought now is he'd prefer a slower offense that targets their bigs, but who knows where he'll end up. Lots of HM on him and more will join.

I can hear it now...Cha - ase Jeter clap, clap...clap,clap,clap

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>The 3rd Gopher guest I am aware of this weekend will be Henry Ellenson. Henry will of course be unofficially visiting and seeing his brother</p>— Ryan James (@RyanJamesMN) <a href="https://twitter.com/RyanJamesMN/statuses/383401247006400513">September 27, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>After a lot thinking and meeting with my family, I think it's about time I cut this list down!&#55357;&#56396;&#55357;&#56396;&#55357;&#56396;&#55357;&#56883;&#55356;&#57280;</p>— Elijah Thomas (@EliCTMDThomas15) <a href="https://twitter.com/EliCTMDThomas15/statuses/387385485879808002">October 8, 2013</a></blockquote>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>After a lot thinking and meeting with my family, I think it's about time I cut this list down!����������</p>— Elijah Thomas (@EliCTMDThomas15) <a href="https://twitter.com/EliCTMDThomas15/statuses/387385485879808002">October 8, 2013</a></blockquote>

Please, please, please put Minnesota on that list.

Question.. Anyone else think the recruiting pitch of "you'll just be another player at (insert powerhouse)" a good pitch? I wouldn't wanna play for someone who tells me I couldn't play at some school

Top Bottom