All Things Class of 2015 Recruiting - Class Finally Complete? Nope Chris Obekpa visit

So Pitino was in New York today it looked like. Is he done recruiting this class? Kinda peculiar to be out looking at top prospects for 2016 with a couple possible kids to sway in this class?

So Pitino was in New York today it looked like. Is he done recruiting this class? Kinda peculiar to be out looking at top prospects for 2016 with a couple possible kids to sway in this class?

Why? Can't you make phone calls from NY? He needs to be recruiting all classes.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Why? Can't you make phone calls from NY? He needs to be recruiting all classes.
Yes he could, and I agree. Just thought 2015 might be a priority this late in the game if he was scrambling.

OR

He's got the last scholarship locked up so to speak and he's moving on. Either the kids decide or he moves on without another offer.

Hoping it's the latter.

I still think we are going to get Boucher. I think he commits on his official (sorry Oregon).

Yes he could, and I agree. Just thought 2015 might be a priority this late in the game if he was scrambling.

OR

He's got the last scholarship locked up so to speak and he's moving on. Either the kids decide or he moves on without another offer.

Hoping it's the latter.

My bad. I didn't read your post with that angle in mind... possible he has a good feeling he is going to land player 'A', or has player 'B' locked up and in his back pocket...

Interesting spring.

I'd say it would be peculiar for him not be looking at top prospects for 2016. Dorsey had an unofficial visit to the U last June 29 and committed July 12. We're only a couple of months away from 2016 kids making decisions.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

per Zags:

After visiting Kentucky over the weekend, junior college shooting guard Mychal Mulder committed to the Wildcats on Tuesday at a press conference.

The 6-foot-4, 185-pound sophomore from Vincennes College averaged 15.7 points and 6.4 rebounds while making 46.3 percent of his 3-pointers (88 of 190) last season. He’s rated a four-star prospect and the No. 13 JUCO player in the country by 247Sports’ composite ranking.

A native of Ontario, Canada, Mulder also considered Creighton, Indiana and Wichita State, but Kentucky won out, gaining its first pledge since November.

“They knew they were going to lose a number of guys to the draft; didn’t know exactly who until a couple weeks ago,” Vincennes assistant Brian Davis told Kyle Tucker of the Louisville Courier-Journal before the visit. “Losing both Harrisons and [Devin] Booker, they definitely have a need. When Kentucky showed serious interest, he definitely wanted to hear what they had to say.”

http://zagsblog.com/recruiting/foll...co-shooting-guard-mulder-to-announce-tuesday/

Go Gophers!!

so far it looks like Smart is only going after Mack (from the VCU recruits)

I snooped around a little bit, and it certainly appears Shaka is full up. Maybe next time scher215 passes by Coach P's office he'll put in a good word for Jordan Murphy. I know it's easier said than done, but a PF type like Murphy, either now or in the Class of 2016, and a future NBA scorer with is what at this time our final scholarship, should work IMHO.

EDIT: I believe Coach Young has a relationship and will deliver a wing who is a NBA type scorer. I have no idea who he is, nor have I seen him play.

With it appearing more and more likely every day Billy Donovan is headed to OKC to coach the Thunder, have to wonder two things-

The topic of this thread is some new recruits and/or transfers could wind up available if they so choose to leave. For 2015, Florida currently has two PF's committed (both from FL), a SF from Florida, and a SG from Arkansas. While the likelihood of leaving Florida for MN is not high, system wise it could certainly make sense for a lot of these kids currently there under Donovan.

I won't even mention the other side of this, who potentially replaces Billy :)

With it appearing more and more likely every day Billy Donovan is headed to OKC to coach the Thunder, have to wonder two things-

The topic of this thread is some new recruits and/or transfers could wind up available if they so choose to leave. For 2015, Florida currently has two PF's committed (both from FL), a SF from Florida, and a SG from Arkansas. While the likelihood of leaving Florida for MN is not high, system wise it could certainly make sense for a lot of these kids currently there under Donovan.

I won't even mention the other side of this, who potentially replaces Billy :)

Oh no! Don't even mention the infamous Pitino rumor mill thread please...but I recognize its only a matter of minutes.

@AmeliaRayno: Malik Ellison confirmed to me that he is choosing his college destination on Friday.

Top Bottom