All Things Class of 2015 Recruiting - Class Finally Complete? Nope Chris Obekpa visit

Yes, as of this afternoon (with JJ's commitment hopefully), Alex is officially aced out. I wonder if he considered the possibility this would happen; he must have. Now what? The path of least resistance for him would be to sign with another school. I wonder what Pitino is telling him. I admit, I'm a little sick about this because Alex is the guy I wanted. He would make a lot of big plays for us in four years. If anyone has insight or inside information on what the staff is telling Illikainen, I'm all ears.

I realize this may make you a tad sick, but it is a great problem to have! Highly rated recruits having to race to join Sir Richard's class? Love it!

Yes, as of this afternoon (with JJ's commitment hopefully), Alex is officially aced out. I wonder if he considered the possibility this would happen; he must have. Now what? The path of least resistance for him would be to sign with another school. I wonder what Pitino is telling him. I admit, I'm a little sick about this because Alex is the guy I wanted. He would make a lot of big plays for us in four years. If anyone has insight or inside information on what the staff is telling Illikainen, I'm all ears.

I'd be shocked if we were not recruiting AI as if a schollie was available. Because there is.. if he wants it, there will be one. It is what it is and I am sure they are telling him that there is a spot if he wants to come. He can sign a LOI in Nov as well.. its not like someone needs to be pushed out before Nov. The problem will be solved if AI wants to come here.. I think they go hard after him and priority number 1 starting now. We shall see.

I realize this may make you a tad sick, but it is a great problem to have! Highly rated recruits having to race to join Sir Richard's class? Love it!

Agree totally - this is a problem other strong programs have, and I hope it's one ours has often going forward.

I guess I was thinking out loud with my post. The fact the staff flew out to watch Alex after Jarvis' visit strongly suggests that they're telling him SOMETHING, and it's not "see ya, sucker." If Illikainen is the type of person who's excited about being on a talented team, he'll still want to commit here.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Let's keep in mind that all of these verbals at this point. I don't see anyone backing out, but maybe McBrayer could if Jarvis does indeed commit. Always a possibility.

I heard Pitino pushed for a commitment from AI this week, but he needed more time. Hate to say it, but signs point to WI.

I'd be shocked if we were not recruiting AI as if a schollie was available. Because there is.. if he wants it, there will be one. It is what it is and I am sure they are telling him that there is a spot if he wants to come. He can sign a LOI in Nov as well.. its not like someone needs to be pushed out before Nov. The problem will be solved if AI wants to come here.. I think they go hard after him and priority number 1 starting now. We shall see.
Agreed, if Alex wants to be a Gopher they will find a way to make it happen.

I heard Pitino pushed for a commitment from AI this week, but he needed more time. Hate to say it, but signs point to WI.

Oh, I should have said - I only wanted good news. :) Just kidding.

AI ahead of Gaston. But, who will "leave" to open up another scholie in Spring?

I heard from a few sources (medium reliability) that Duke was the first program to call Gaston after he was denied. I agree though that AI is preferred.

Also heard (low to medium reliability) Pam Borton's wife was the admissions officer that denied admittance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If Duke is interested, I want him to stay. lol...

I'm joking but kinda serious.

Also heard (low to medium reliability) Pam Borton's wife was the admissions officer that denied admittance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting. Just tried to verify that on Google, and it is surprisingly difficult to get information on who Borton is/was "married" to or partners with, at the U. I say surprising because I recall it being reported years ago that she was in a relationship with someone high up in the Administration, and it obviously seemed like a conflict of interest type situation. Some people speculated that was why she had not been fired yet, at the time. Apparently not much is reported on it though.

So's here's my question: We lose Deandre PG, Andre CG, Mo C, EE C after next year…OUCH…so we have players coming in: Lofton SG, Nwankwo C, Dorsey PG, Jarvis CG, and McBrayer SG (and possibly Gaston PF). Which of these newcomers will be ready to replace the starters who are leaving? I assume Lofton will…what do you all think?

Why do the newcomers have to replace the starters? We'll have guys like Mason, Konate, Martin, McNeil and Morris returning.

Go Gophers!!

All we need now for our backcourt to be REALLY complete is to have Tyus declare he's transferring to Minnesota before this season starts, have him sit out the year, and then star for us next year! There's a possibility, right?!

Per reports Chris Clarke will not be taking 1 of his 5 official visits to Minnesota...he has already visited UConn and has Creighton, Tennessee and Virgina Tech scheduled with Iowa State likely getting the 5th. Sorry but appears the long shot dream (since we have no available scholarships anyways) is dead.

Per reports Chris Clarke will not be taking 1 of his 5 official visits to Minnesota...he has already visited UConn and has Creighton, Tennessee and Virgina Tech scheduled with Iowa State likely getting the 5th. Sorry but appears the long shot dream (since we have no available scholarships anyways) is dead.

The writing was on the wall for that one. It's too bad, but we obviously need to take the guys ready to commit at this point in our program. In future years we may have the luxury of being more patient with our last scholarship.

The writing was on the wall for that one. It's too bad, but we obviously need to take the guys ready to commit at this point in our program. In future years we may have the luxury of being more patient with our last scholarship.

I think the writing was on the wall as soon as UConn offered.

Travis Hines ‏@TravisHines21 Sep 17
Regarding Chris Clarke and a potential visit to Iowa State, sounds like it's still a possibility, but nothing is imminent.

I like how the board couldn't stop talking about how we could sign Jarvis as our 5th this fall no problem. And now the consensuses is no scollys left, no chance we add a 5th until spring.

Top Bottom