All Things Class of 2015 Recruiting - Class Finally Complete? Nope Chris Obekpa visit

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>The <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/UCONN?src=hash">#UCONN</a> Huskies have offered Cape Henry 2015 wing Chris Clarke (<a href="https://twitter.com/Chris_Clarkee">@Chris_Clarkee</a>) of Boo Williams, Coach Mark Hall tells <a href="https://twitter.com/VirginiaPreps">@VirginiaPreps</a></p>— Matthew Hatfield (@hatfieldsports) <a href="https://twitter.com/hatfieldsports/statuses/490602514828779520">July 19, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

This is the worst possible news to wake up from a nap to. To make things worse, my best friend from college is from Connecticut and thinks himself & UCONN basketball are kings of the world (which uconn basketball kind of is) so he's the one I found out the news from via text... "The squad jumping all over Chris Clarke" were his exact words. F*ck, Sh*t, ughhhhhhhh. I'll stop acting like a teenage girl now.

I wanted Clarke so bad :cry::cry::cry:

How about we let this play out guys. We knew he was gonna get some really good offers here soon.

This is the worst possible news to wake up from a nap to. To make things worse, my best friend from college is from Connecticut and thinks himself & UCONN basketball are kings of the world (which uconn basketball kind of is) so he's the one I found out the news from via text... "The squad jumping all over Chris Clarke" were his exact words. F*ck, Sh*t, ughhhhhhhh. I'll stop acting like a teenage girl now.

I wanted Clarke so bad :cry::cry::cry:

With that attitude you will go far in life. (Yes. Tons of sarcasm.)

With that attitude you will go far in life. (Yes. Tons of sarcasm.)

There wasn't any sarcasm in my post either. (Yes. Tons of sarcasm.)

I think we still have an okay, but not great shot with Clarke. Only time will tell.

Kevin Dorsey had 9 points, 3 assists, 2 steals today. Did not play in the friday night game. Also had 9 points, 2 rebounds in a Thursday game, 6 points and 4 steals in the other thursday game and 8 points in the other friday game.

He did play in the Friday night game (vs. CIA Bounce). Best scoring output of the weekend -- 12 points on 3/5 shooting and 6/8 from the line. A pair each of assists & turnovers; no steals. (Be careful of your sources - some look the part, but have horrible information.)

Hefty turnover rate and low assist rate (but plays with Justin Jenifer - more of a lead guard).

Nonetheless, his steal rate was in line with the EYBL regular season performances and is good. That's where his current value is - defense and quickness. Maybe as much of a 2 as a 1 now.. the offense has time to progress.. we shall see on that.

Did the Gophers coaching staff attend the Boo williams vs. Oakland soldiers game tonight?

He did play in the Friday night game (vs. CIA Bounce). Best scoring output of the weekend -- 12 points on 3/5 shooting and 6/8 from the line. A pair each of assists & turnovers; no steals. (Be careful of your sources - some look the part, but have horrible information.)

Hefty turnover rate and low assist rate (but plays with Justin Jenifer - more of a lead guard).

Nonetheless, his steal rate was in line with the EYBL regular season performances and is good. That's where his current value is - defense and quickness. Maybe as much of a 2 as a 1 now.. the offense has time to progress.. we shall see on that.

A sighting! Are you still a conspiracy theorist and peddler of information without proof when asked?

I haven't seen Pitino at Clarke's game today. They showed Kimani though. The ESPN announcers are so annoying and ignorant. They've mentioned about 6 different schools pursuing Chris Clarke, including Iowa State and Creighton, but no mention of Minnesota.

We dated her when she was ugly. Now, she's hot and is going to dump us for the jock.

If we lose on Clarke not the end of the world, plenty of good players out there that we are pursuing. Nate Grimes, Dupree Mcbryer, Sacar Anim's in our backyard. Would love to get Clarke, but I think this will be a good class with or without him. We could always go after a JUCO in the Spring or a grad transfer if worst comes tor worst

If we lose on Clarke not the end of the world, plenty of good players out there that we are pursuing. Nate Grimes, Dupree Mcbryer, Sacar Anim's in our backyard. Would love to get Clarke, but I think this will be a good class with or without him. We could always go after a JUCO in the Spring or a grad transfer if worst comes tor worst

+1. That's a good mentality to have. I really like the idea of adding a JUCO if we don't land a couple of those guys since Pitino did so well with little Dre & from all accounts appears to have landed a good one in Morris.

+1. That's a good mentality to have. I really like the idea of adding a JUCO if we don't land a couple of those guys since Pitino did so well with little Dre & from all accounts appears to have landed a good one in Morris.

Well all accounts but one...

Just because I'm upset that it's unlikely the Gophers will land Clarke, doesn't mean I don't think it's a good idea to go after JUCOs if we don't land him & a couple other targets...

I think Pig Man was referring to Howie's assessment of Carlos Morris.

If he could qualify I would take Woodard as a Juco in a second, big, physical guard that can shoot the ball, and in our own backyard.

If he could qualify I would take Woodard as a Juco in a second, big, physical guard that can shoot the ball, and in our own backyard.

Yeah, haven't heard that name in a while but Woodard seems like one of those guys who's going to resurface in a few years making noise for somebody in the NCAA tournament. I didn't know he was 6'4".

Top Bottom