All Things Class of 2015 Recruiting - Class Finally Complete? Nope Chris Obekpa visit

For those of you who know/remember how does Dupree McBrayer compare to Austin Hollins when Hollins was in HS? I just see size and shooting in the video and think a little better passing version of Austin. But then again I don't remember/can't find Hollins' recruiting videos.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/thielena">@thielena</a> it pry would cause I believe they want a SF in this class and Dupree is more of a 2/1. Who knows for sure though, that's up to RP</p>— Ryan James (@RyanJamesMN) <a href="https://twitter.com/RyanJamesMN/statuses/492110877135368193">July 24, 2014</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I want Jarvis, but with the way Richard offers several players he and others have to realize their roster spot could be gone if they wait too long.

gophers offered this kid this weekend

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but it doesn't appear the Gophers are gaining much traction with Chris Clarke:

The list of suitors for Clarke is an impressive one. According to his profile on 247Sports, he’s got more than 10 offers. At the AAU Super Showcase, he reeled off a list of seven schools that he feels are coming the hardest at this time.

“Florida, Florida State, Maryland, Tennessee, Iowa State, VCU, Creighton,” Clarke said.

From: http://www.insidethehall.com/2014/07/28/class-2015-wing-chris-clarke-talks-indiana-interest/

I know some will say not to read to much in to it, but he rattled off seven schools and Minnesota wasn't one. With the notable exception of Florida, that's a group I think our staff should be able to win recruiting battles against regularly. It's also interesting that Virgina Tech is not on the list of seven as Clarke has been on their campus as well as the U of M. For what it's worth, Pitino personally watched Clarke play this weekend, so he's certainly still on the Gophers radar...just hope he still has the "U" on his radar as I love his game.

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but it doesn't appear the Gophers are gaining much traction with Chris Clarke:

The list of suitors for Clarke is an impressive one. According to his profile on 247Sports, he’s got more than 10 offers. At the AAU Super Showcase, he reeled off a list of seven schools that he feels are coming the hardest at this time.

“Florida, Florida State, Maryland, Tennessee, Iowa State, VCU, Creighton,” Clarke said.

From: http://www.insidethehall.com/2014/07/28/class-2015-wing-chris-clarke-talks-indiana-interest/

I know some will say not to read to much in to it, but he rattled off seven schools and Minnesota wasn't one. With the notable exception of Florida, that's a group I think our staff should be able to win recruiting battles against regularly. It's also interesting that Virgina Tech is not on the list of seven as Clarke has been on their campus as well as the U of M. For what it's worth, Pitino personally watched Clarke play this weekend, so he's certainly still on the Gophers radar...just hope he still has the "U" on his radar as I love his game.

Recruiting-wise, I think we could hold our own against those schools, but regularly beating them in recruiting battles seems to be a bit much to expect at this point, just imo, especially considering all of those schools except Maryland have been more successful than us of late. All except Maryland and Creighton have been to the Sweet Sixteen within the last 5 years, and even Creighton has been to the round of 32 each of the past 3 seasons. That said, Tubby's staff managed to beat Florida for both Colton Iverson and Oto Osenieks, at least if you trust Rivals, and general perception on this board seems to be that the current staff are better recruiters than the previous one, or that they at least try harder, so it wouldn't be impossible.

And apparently we beat Maryland, Creighton, VCU, and Virginia Tech for Kevin Dorsey's commitment just recently.

So yeah, I guess I'm not gonna read into it too much, especially considering I thought Virginia Tech was supposed to be the favorite, and weren't mentioned. Wouldn't shock me to see Pitino win this one, but I'm not expecting it either.

Maybe if the the player is from here, but if not, what on earth makes us so attractive that we should regularly beat out 6 other solid programs? If a player is from the south, you honestly think that our staff should be able to beat out FSU, Maryland, Tennessee, and VCU?

With the notable exception of Florida, that's a group I think our staff should be able to win recruiting battles against regularly.

It probably has some merit that he didn't mention the Gophers, but it does say the schools listed are those that are coming at him the hardest right now, not necessarily his list of top schools. That just may mean that some of the schools mentioned are getting in the recruitment late and have catching up to do, while teams like the Gophers and Virginia Tech have been in on Clarke for a long time already and don't have as much necessary contact. As EG#9 mentioned, Virginia Tech is considered one of the favorites as is UConn; neither one is on the list either. I still think Minnesota is a long shot right now though. The fact that he mentioned earlier he doesn't like cold weather is seemingly becoming more of a factor now too since more southern schools are entering the picture.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Thanks to all the schools that recruited me, hard decision but I narrowed my list to these schools. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Alphabetical?src=hash">#Alphabetical</a> &#55357;&#56911;&#55357;&#56908;&#55356;&#57280; <a href="http://t.co/OJYDysoBo4">pic.twitter.com/OJYDysoBo4</a></p>— Jimmy Whitt (@JimmyWhitt33) <a href="https://twitter.com/JimmyWhitt33/statuses/494543102602797056">July 30, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

I'm a Bucks fan (and used to be UConn fan) so he reminds me of a young Ray Allen a bit. Definitely see the Curry comparisons too. Has a very pure jump shot, but also a nice all around game. Would definitely like to see him end up here.

Landry Shamet

I saw him go left nice, smooth, and strong a few times also, even tho he likes the right...

Kid looks smooth, long, and has a court savvy that definitley reminds me a Curry.

Unlike Curry he is being recruited a bit more heavily and he is already 6'4" while Curry was undersized.

If MN can land this kid it would be a significant get.

He has offers from Illinois, Whicita State, Kansas State, Memphis, Crieghton, and a bunch of interest from other schools.

I saw him go left nice, smooth, and strong a few times also, even tho he likes the right...

Kid looks smooth, long, and has a court savvy that definitley reminds me a Curry.

Unlike Curry he is being recruited a bit more heavily and he is already 6'4" while Curry was undersized.

He has offers from Illinois, Whicita State, Kansas State, Memphis, Crieghton, and a bunch of interest from other schools.

Saw the same things, and completely agree.

I'll say it.

Jarvis vs Landry.

I want Landry.

**Ducks!!!!**

+1

Saw the same things, and completely agree.

I'll say it.

Jarvis vs Landry.

I want Landry.

**Ducks!!!!**

Hahaha...

Just based off that initial video, he does look very good.
Also he seems longer and is a better shooter.
But IDK for sure only saw 1 vid.
I think Jarvis beats him out athletically.

But Jarvis better pick the Gophers soon before one of these other studs commit.
Because Landry and clarke look like the real deal.

Also hoping Gophers offer Marshawn Wilson soon.

Hahaha...

I like Wilson, but I gotta think there's something up grades wise with him if he hasn't been offered

Hahaha...

Clarke would have absolutely no effect on Jarvis and according to Ryan James we are completely willing to take 3 guards assuming they are the right ones (such as Jarvis and McBrayer).

Clarke would have absolutely no effect on Jarvis and according to Ryan James we are completely willing to take 3 guards assuming they are the right ones (such as Jarvis and McBrayer).

I know we would take 3, but would Jarvis really come here if 1 of McBrayer/Walton/Landry committed soon (I didn't include Clarke because he's incredibly versatile and would probably be playing the 3 for us)? JJ would then be competing with Dorsey, Mason, Lofton & one of those guys…. That's crowded, but if he commits before one of those 3 guys commits then he'll be playing against great competition everyday (Dorsey, Mason & Lofton) & probably getting just as many minutes.

August 1st, tonight at midnight, marks the beginning of a "quiet period" that runs through September 8th. Recruits are allowed to take on-campus visits and can be contacted by coaches via phone. Expect more 2015 guys to continue to trim their lists to five or six schools (five officials are allowed by NCAA) while also setting up official visits and making commitments. We will update you when Chris Silva's and other Seton Hall targets' visit dates are set up.
http://www.southorangejuice.com/201...orward-chris-silva-to-announce-september-19th

Not sure if there is a Marshawn Wilson Thread, so I will leave this here. Espn named him a sleeper from the Fab 48 Tournament

http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/ncbrecruiting/on-the-trail/post?id=11152 (insider article) If you can, ignore the numerous mistakes by the writer

Marshawn Wilson (Maplewood, Minn./Murray Hill)
2015, PF/SG, 6-3, 200
Wilsen is a strong, power point guard. He can score and distribute. His big body is hard to stop from getting into the lane by high school guards. Once he gets into the lane, he is proficient at both scoring and finding open teammates. Wilson is a streaky shooter with range to 20 feet. In a class that is not loaded with point guards, Wilson should be a priority for many Midwest schools.

Not sure if there is a Marshawn Wilson Thread, so I will leave this here. Espn named him a sleeper from the Fab 48 Tournament

http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/ncbrecruiting/on-the-trail/post?id=11152 (insider article) If you can, ignore the numerous mistakes by the writer

Marshawn Wilson (Maplewood, Minn./Murray Hill)
2015, PF/SG, 6-3, 200
Wilsen is a strong, power point guard. He can score and distribute. His big body is hard to stop from getting into the lane by high school guards. Once he gets into the lane, he is proficient at both scoring and finding open teammates. Wilson is a streaky shooter with range to 20 feet. In a class that is not loaded with point guards, Wilson should be a priority for many Midwest schools.

Ahh the vaunted Murray Hill program. Isn't that where Antonio Thompson played ball?

Funny. I believe they are in the same conference as Grace Totino.

Other errors: the "PF/SG" and the "Wilsen". It's a nice write up on him, but the errors make you question the credibility.

This is from a little over a week ago. Still don't know how to embed tweets.

Ryan James @RyanJamesMN · Jul 23
Dupree McBrayer is why you can't gage ratings on everything. This young man's explosiveness with ball, potential, versatility is really big

This is from a little over a week ago. Still don't know how to embed tweets.

Ryan James @RyanJamesMN · Jul 23
Dupree McBrayer is why you can't gage ratings on everything. This young man's explosiveness with ball, potential, versatility is really big

+1

anyone want to educate the users of Gopher Hole?

+1

anyone want to educate the users of Gopher Hole?

First click on the tweet. You will see "reply, retweet, favorite, more" right below the words of the tweet. Click on "more". It will say embed tweet and click on that. You will than get a very long link and then copy and paste it. You don't need a twitter account to do this.

And since we are on the subject i'll just explain how to embed Hudl videos since it is a recent capability that they just added and have never seen a single GH poster do it besides myself. First click on the video you want to watch. When watching it either pause it or put you're mouse on the video screen while it is playing. You will see a square with an arrow sticking out in the upper right corner. Once you click on it you will see a link that you can copy and paste into GH.

Either

Shamet looks like a really nice player. I like him a lot! However, (in these videos) either he is on a lower level team
playing inferior competition or if these are top level teams, he is sooo good he makes everybody else look inferior.

I don't know the answer but it seems he'd be more sought after prior to just recently if he played like that at the top level.

Nobody played defense in the video or again...he's just that smooth and deceptive to make people look bad. Hard to tell in a clip but he looks good to me. Doesn't matter if he doesn't play defense with his offensive game because every coach will be
convinced they are the one to "teach" him how to play D.

He'd be fun to watch!!!

Top Bottom