All Things Class of 2015 Recruiting - Class Finally Complete? Nope Chris Obekpa visit

I knew Buzz wasn't going to lose him, especially to a middle-of-the-road program like Tennessee. Clarke was way too important for Buzz to lose when he's trying to make VT into a top-tier basketball school.

Watching Buzz battle it out with Tony Bennett and Shaka for those DMV kids is going to be fun. A lot of ridiculously talented kids come from that area.

Anybody Excited for Wednesday?

I am anxious for us to close on the four commitments. I'm curious if we have a blockbuster signing day surprise with the extra scholarship?

I am anxious for us to close on the four commitments. I'm curious if we have a blockbuster signing day surprise with the extra scholarship?

Given the timing that would be incredibly impressive. Less than a month on the trail and find anyone while conducting practices etc.

Signing day surprises don't really happen with basketball. I guess it's possible that Pitino has found a foreign guy to sign late that he's been able to keep under wraps, but even that is incredibly unlikely. My strong suspicion is that any open scholarships will go to Juco's or 5th year guys who are ready to come in and play immediately. Unless we can get an elite HS kid who is waiting until Spring, I don't see much upside in taking a 5th freshman in 2015.

Watching Buzz battle it out with Tony Bennett and Shaka for those DMV kids is going to be fun. A lot of ridiculously talented kids come from that area.

Buzz seems extremely shady, and Bennett and Shaka seem to do things the right way ... so I see Buzz "winning" a lot of those recruiting battles.

Interesting. Liked him when I saw him play a few times in AAU. Could see Pitino being interested in using him at the 2. Guessing he wants better athletes at PG for the press. Could definitely use his shooting.

I have read that hes a bit of a headcase and the family is trouble.... No source, nothing reliable, I've read it.

I see. Not saying you're wrong, but where did you read it?

If I can recall. Message board fodder post transfer, so motive is definitely there. I think there were so,e ominous quotes from Self in an article as well but I'm unable to locate said article at the moment. Still. It's all hearsay and I liken it to the Ellenson situation with us, was his family really a problem? Or did we decide that after he left based on what we heard?

Kobie Eubanks decommits from Baylor. Do we have interest or a chance with the departure of Lofton? Gophers did offer.

Kobie Eubanks decommits from Baylor. Do we have interest or a chance with the departure of Lofton? Gophers did offer.

I'd be all over this kid. He just dropped 37 in a game during the National Prep Showcase. He was supposed to play for Baylor this year, but has to do a Prep year due to transcript issues. We have a three guard class coming in next year though, so that could hurt our chances with him. He should have plenty of good suitors as well. Would take him in a heartbeat though.

I'd be all over this kid. He just dropped 37 in a game during the National Prep Showcase. He was supposed to play for Baylor this year, but has to do a Prep year due to transcript issues. We have a three guard class coming in next year though, so that could hurt our chances with him. He should have plenty of good suitors as well. Would take him in a heartbeat though.

The class is kind of guard heavy, but the reason we have an open scholarship is because we lost Lofton, a guard, so taking on Eubanks would still be replacing a guard with another guard.

I was kind of hoping he'd see if we could do the Dorsey brothers after getting done with the Hollins twins.

We might actually be considering Eubanks now depending on what happens to McNeil

http://zagsblog.com/articles/kobie-eubanks-decommits-from-baylor/

Chad Myers, Eubanks’ coach, confirmed that the following schools have already reached out to Eubanks: Virginia, USF, B.C., UConn, Georgia, Georgia Tech, Iowa State, Louisville, Maryland, Michigan, Missouri, Oregon and Providence.

That's quite the list. Not great odds of landing him even if we tried although it looks like we aren't. We really need a talented wing who can handle big minutes (*cough* Amir please) or a grad trasfer/JUCO in 2016 if McNeil is done.

That's quite the list. Not great odds of landing him even if we tried although it looks like we aren't. We really need a talented wing who can handle big minutes (*cough* Amir please) or a grad trasfer/JUCO in 2016 if McNeil is done.

Woodard is averaging 23 PPG and 45% from the three at North Dakota School of Sciences after 5 games, not sure about the competition but he's got B1G physical ability, if he qualified he'd be a good replacement.

Woodard is averaging 23 PG and 45% from the three at North Dakota School of Sciences after 5 games, not sure about the competition but he's got B1G physical ability, if he qualified he'd be a good replacement.

Woodard is intriguing; while I haven't seen him play in a long time, he might be able to step in and contribute from day one. Other uncommitted names I'm still keeping an eye on are Kipper Nichols, K. J. Walton, and Kain Harris. Not sure if the Gophers still have interest, but I think they would all be pretty good additions at this point in the recruiting trail.

For next year we are looking at Mason, Morris, Johnson, McBrayer and Dorsey, so we have a nice group of ball handlers already. I would be looking for a 6-5 or 6-6 guy that can shoot the ball from long range.

Woodard is intriguing; while I haven't seen him play in a long time, he might be able to step in and contribute from day one. Other uncommitted names I'm still keeping an eye on are Kipper Nichols, K. J. Walton, and Kain Harris. Not sure if the Gophers still have interest, but I think they would all be pretty good additions at this point in the recruiting trail.

I think Kipper Nichols was down to a final four, which obviously didn't include the Gophers. But Xavier may have been his first choice and might be off the table now with a similar/higher rated recruit already in the fold. So maybe the Gophers can get involved again on him.

The Gophers were also looking at Tyler Kohl, I believe. Not sure about his status though.

this would suck

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Top Bottom