Page 33 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2331323334 LastLast

Netflix drops its much anticipated "Our Planet" docu-series today. It was filmed by more than 600 camera people in more than 50 countries over 4 years. The narration is being done by Sir David Attenborough. For those that like the nature documentaries filmed in ultra HD (re: Planet Earth, Blue Planet, etc.), this one looks amazing:

Go Gophers!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Gopher View Post
    I'm years late to this party, but I finally got around to watching "Contagion." That's a really good film, and the story and performances are haunting. Soderberg is one of the underappreciated directors of our day.
    Yeah....Soderberg is pretty brilliant. I'll have to check out Contagion. It's unfortunate that 'The Knick' only got two seasons. Easily one of my favorite television shows of all time.

Quote Originally Posted by BleedGopher View Post
    Netflix drops its much anticipated "Our Planet" docu-series today. It was filmed by more than 600 camera people in more than 50 countries over 4 years. The narration is being done by Sir David Attenborough. For those that like the nature documentaries filmed in ultra HD (re: Planet Earth, Blue Planet, etc.), this one looks amazing:

Go Gophers!!
    Pardon my ignorance, but do you need a special subscription to get ultra HD? If no, should it come through in 4K on my 4K smart TV?

Edit: never mind. It looks like an extra $5 a month. Is there enough ultra HD content that makes it worth $60 a year?

Bill Murray stories is a quick, fun watch on Netflix.

I started to watch french serial The Returned on Netflix recently. It's the darkest serial I've ever watched and the cinematography is just awesome. I love French language and French Riviera so much that I've already started to look for a flat for sale on the French Riviera

Quote Originally Posted by terrapin View Post
    I started to watch french serial The Returned on Netflix recently. It's the darkest serial I've ever watched and the cinematography is just awesome. I love French language and French Riviera so much that I've already started to look for a [
    What is a serial?

Quote Originally Posted by Section2 View Post
    What is a serial?
    It's short for a democratic politician since most of them are serial criminals. Just look at this cat causing trouble in Chicago today > https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bobby_Rush over jussi sissy. Never heard of him before, but stunning that someone with his criminal history could ever get elected to be dog catcher much less to congress. Democrats are truly the party of division and terror!! Mary Jane Soliah should be about ready to turn up as a DFL candidate soon, huh, or is she still doing time in Shakopee?

Not in this thread Research.

Quote Originally Posted by Section2 View Post
    Not in this thread Research.
    You asked!

Quote Originally Posted by Research View Post
    It's short for a democratic politician since most of them are serial criminals. Just look at this cat causing trouble in Chicago today > https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bobby_Rush over jussi sissy. Never heard of him before, but stunning that someone with his criminal history could ever get elected to be dog catcher much less to congress. Democrats are truly the party of division and terror!! Mary Jane Soliah should be about ready to turn up as a DFL candidate soon, huh, or is she still doing time in Shakopee?
    Go away you brain damaged dip$hit.

Quote Originally Posted by stocker08 View Post
    Go away you brain damaged dip$hit.
    Just no way to match wits with that!

Check out the Mayo Clinic Ken Burns doc on Netflix. Sure, old Ken tries hard to insert some progressive ideology. But the history of the clinic will be important learning for progressives and flies in the face of everything they think about health care absent government control.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Started watching Formula 1: Drive to Survive on Netflix. They are covering the 2018 season. 10 episodes and I'm on the 4th. So far very entertaining.
    Dux Servus

I know this thread tends to focus more on documentaries and streaming services - but I am more of a mainstream movie guy - especially the big superhero movies. (hey, I like what I like)

with that in mind, I have to admit that I was not blown away by Avengers: Endgame.

As a piece of entertainment, it was OK, but I did not think it was one of the better Marvel movies. Maybe I expected too much.

Without getting into spoilers, I felt the plotting was a little too obvious. It was like the writers had the different story elements they wanted to use, but instead of flowing from one story-line into the next, I felt you could "see" the various elements being assembled and put together. "ok, this has to go here, and that one has to go there." It seemed 'constructed' to me in a way that Infinity War did not.

if you just want a spectacle, and like the Marvel characters, you'll probably enjoy the movie. A lot of people and critics certainly did. But, in a big superhero or sci-fi movie, that suspension of disbelief is really important. you want to get lost in that world. instead, I was analyzing it.

All reviews/reactions are personal - but for me, as I said, the seams on this one seemed to be showing. maybe I just was in a bad mood that day. dunno.

I'm looking forward to seeing John Wick 3. The first two were really good.

And I'm even more looking forward to Bill and Ted Face the Music. I like Keanu Reeves as an actor, but it helps to know that he's also known as one of the best and nicest people in hollywood. I wonder if he really wanted to make this movie though. He really could have done it whenever if he had wanted.....considering they have the original writers back. I'm sure Alex Winter appreciates it regardless.