Random Music Thread....

These guys were on The Tonight Show a few weeks back; catchy. Will be playing the Turf Club in October.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/1iAYhQsQhSY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I'll be at the Turf Club to see them.

Coincidentally enough, just a few weeks before the Tonight Show gig, I ran across them while searching for new music to play on our show, and I've put it in the rotation for a few of our breaks. Fell in love with this song.

Rage still destroys....almost 20 years later. And their self titled....a little over 25.....still one of the best albums of all time. But my favorite song comes off their last studio album in 1999, The Battle For Los Angeles.

Zach de la Rocha's father was a very talented political artist. Thought it could make him rich and famous. When it didn't....he destroyed his art and didn't really share his gift with his son (Zach) as he repelled back into religion.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GgEVfjalThQ&start_radio=1&list=RDGgEVfjalThQ

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

If this video doesn't make you smile, then what's your deal, man?

This has been circulating around Twitter the past couple of days. Topper Headon is one of the great ones, as is this song (Gene Krupa). I could watch it over and over. I might have watched it over and over the past couple of days.

This has been circulating around Twitter the past couple of days. Topper Headon is one of the great ones, as is this song (Gene Krupa). I could watch it over and over. I might have watched it over and over the past couple of days.
It has? Why? Am I missing something?

speaking of music - read a concert review in the Strib for Cat Power (stage name of Chan Marshall). She is a huge Dylan fan and in 2023, she put out an album of a live show where she re-recreated Bob Dylan's 1966 Royal Albert Hall concert. she's playing the whole album live on this tour. the review was raving about it, so I found some songs online, and damn, if you're a Dylan fan, you really need to check this out. she definitely puts her own stamp on the material, but it's fun hearing these songs performed by someone whose voice is - shall we say - a little more melodic than Bob's. Her version of "Visions of Johanna" is really something. and her backing band is solid, which is saying something because Dylan's backup band in 1966 included most of the members of The Band.

I think I'm going to have to pick up this on CD. (I don't download music - just old-fashioned).

speaking of music - read a concert review in the Strib for Cat Power (stage name of Chan Marshall). She is a huge Dylan fan and in 2023, she put out an album of a live show where she re-recreated Bob Dylan's 1966 Royal Albert Hall concert. she's playing the whole album live on this tour. the review was raving about it, so I found some songs online, and damn, if you're a Dylan fan, you really need to check this out. she definitely puts her own stamp on the material, but it's fun hearing these songs performed by someone whose voice is - shall we say - a little more melodic than Bob's. Her version of "Visions of Johanna" is really something. and her backing band is solid, which is saying something because Dylan's backup band in 1966 included most of the members of The Band.

I think I'm going to have to pick up this on CD. (I don't download music - just old-fashioned).
That's great and all. But The Current had this in HEAVY rotation. I got so sick of it that I switched to something else every time they played a song from it. So...that's great and all...in some doses. :)

RIP to Karl Wallinger of World Party and The Waterboys. I knew he played a lot of different things on the early Waterboys albums but didn't realize he played all the instruments on the first World Party album and had a lot to do with the production and arrangement of some classic Waterboys tunes., as well as writing Don't Bang the Drum.

RIP to Karl Wallinger of World Party and The Waterboys. I knew he played a lot of different things on the early Waterboys albums but didn't realize he played all the instruments on the first World Party album and had a lot to do with the production and arrangement of some classic Waterboys tunes., as well as writing Don't Bang the Drum.
I can't even estimate how many times I listened to Goodbye Jumbo back in the day, and I'll be putting it on again soon, maybe tonight. This is probably my favorite track from it.

311 rules. Over 30 years and still rocking the original lineup. From 3/11 Day 2024

The death of Mojo Nixon reminded me of his pals the Beat Farmers. Here's to the late Country Dick Montana who died on onstage, full of beer and rocking.

The death of Mojo Nixon reminded me of his pals the Beat Farmers. Here's to the late Country Dick Montana who died on onstage, full of beer and rocking.

Not to be confused with Handsome Dick Manitoba
5b704acf9be156004548b34f88574e1047fa0a58

Top Bottom