Random Music Thread....

Things that Shania Twain is not impressed with: Rocket Scientists, Brad Pitt, guys who own a car. What a bitch.

Have you heard the Wild Feathers? Awesome band, especially if you are a fan of the Jayhawks, Wilco, et al.

The Shins: Gone For Good

Best breakup song ever. This is a fan vid but a very good one.

From Wikipedia:

"Prisencolinensinainciusol" is a song composed by Adriano Celentano, and performed by Celentano and his wife, singer/actress-turned-record producer Claudia Mori. A very popular performance of the song, broadcast by RAI, shows Celentano with showgirl Raffaella Carrà, who is dancing and lip-synching to Mori's vocals. It was first released as a single on November 3, 1972, and later on his album Nostalrock.

The song is deliberately meant to sound to its intended Italian audience like English spoken with an American accent, but the lyrics are actually pure gibberish, with the exception of the words "all right". Celentano's intention with the song was to explore communications barriers. "Ever since I started singing, I was very influenced by American music and everything Americans did. So at a certain point, because I like American slang — which, for a singer, is much easier to sing than Italian — I thought that I would write a song which would only have as its theme the inability to communicate. And to do this, I had to write a song where the lyrics didn't mean anything."

The song below became a big hit in Italy

For the above video, I tried to copy the link at the proper start time. Fast forward to 1:23.

For some reason, I can't edit my previous post.

My new favorite song - Minneapolis artist:

Nice call Jake. I actually know Chris via playing pickup basketball with him. Great guy and he's got some game as well.

Nice call Jake. I actually know Chris via playing pickup basketball with him. Great guy and he's got some game as well.

Long time Frink...good to see you still are around.

Thought I'd add to the MN connection with this: I was there when they filmed the live parts at First Ave. They had to do the song twice because Matt fell over at one point during the first take. I miss them.

Long time Frink...good to see you still are around.

Thought I'd add to the MN connection with this: I was there when they filmed the live parts at First Ave. They had to do the song twice because Matt fell over at one point during the first take. I miss them.

"There I plan to dig a dusty hole/There I plan to lay one pretty Pearle"

God, so do I miss them!

I see someone has posted a pretty decent-quality KTCA Showcase from 1992 featuring Trip Shakespeare. I have it recorded on VHS, but I think this is a better quality than that. I love this version of "Reception" beginning at 16:31.

My new favorite song - Minneapolis artist:

That's good music! The video is pretty kool too. Brings back memories of what was supposed to be a low-dosage shroom trip with my two roomies while at the U. I think what tripped us up was the dry vs wet measure and we over-served ourselves a bit. Went out on the town for a night of fun and I got to drive. Need to remember not to do that again.

This thread had gotten buried way too deep. Bumping this mother.

My favorite Leonard Nimoy selection:

I just got turned on to Galactic. They do all kinds of cool stuff, but this one's a cover of the "Immigrant Song" with rappers Boots Riley (my favorite rapper) and couple others.

I just got turned on to Galactic. They do all kinds of cool stuff, but this one's a cover of the "Immigrant Song" with rappers Boots Riley (my favorite rapper) and couple others.

You didn't see these folks hanging around in the audience by any chance...

battlestar.jpg

The Coup: We are the ones. Activist rap bad from the bay area, good friends with Rage Against the Machine guys. Boots Riley is the best. I love his lyrics, but I think you have to be in a very small window to both like rap and get Caprice Classic and Buick LeSabre references. :)

My favorite verse:

"Our pay is unstable and under-the-table
We like free speech, but we love free cable
We're taught from the cradle, the Bill Gates fable
Which leads to high-speeds, in Buck LeSabres"

Costa, liked the banner that was flashed toward the end: "Democracy requires the truth." Common sense, but try telling that to the Koch Bros. slappies in the 'Oklahoma AP History' thread.

Ya haven't lived till you can recite the entire "Ajax Liquor Store".

These guys (Too Many Zooz) went viral about a year ago, but I revisited them the other day and forgot how cool they are.

Driving back from Madison with TikiTed we played through his Kinks songs and this was one the he didn't know well. Such a fun song, with such a sad story.

And now for TikiTed, the shoegazer cover version. I'm picky about Kinks covers, but I really like this slowed down version.

Just got wind of Trombone Shorty & Orleans Avenue. Just kick back and soak in the sound folks!

Just got wind of Trombone Shorty & Orleans Avenue. Just kick back and soak in the sound folks!

Saw Trombone Shorty at the MN State Fair a few years ago. AWESOME show. That free stage has some great acts. Have seen two of my favorites there -- War and Sharon Jones & the Dap-Kings, among others. This year has Reel Big Fish, if you like '90s ska.

Saw Trombone Shorty at the MN State Fair a few years ago. AWESOME show. That free stage has some great acts. Have seen two of my favorites there -- War and Sharon Jones & the Dap-Kings, among others. This year has Reel Big Fish, if you like '90s ska.

Meant to see Trombone Shorty at the Mn Zoo last summer and at 1st Ave, just never got around to it. Saw War at the Cabooze years ago. Would like to see Reel Big Fish for free this year.

These guys were on The Tonight Show a few weeks back; catchy. Will be playing the Turf Club in October.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/1iAYhQsQhSY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Top Bottom