Official 2015 Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Stories, Rumors, etc.

His speed may be questionable: 200m- 23.87, 400m.-52.85. I thought I saw somewhere a 100m time of 11.8 but I can't seem to locate that anymore.

I ran an eyelash slower than that back in the early-1970s and I never made it out of the sub-district. And we were running with what would likely seem like galoshes to the track kids today.

From Burns. @RyanBurnsGI: Just so it's clear, WR Rashad Still has NOT committed to Minnesota. Yet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Anybody else notice that Johnson and Still's twitter handles are @ThatBoyDior and @thatboy_still?

I ran an eyelash slower than that back in the early-1970s and I never made it out of the sub-district. And we were running with what would likely seem like galoshes to the track kids today.

Well, to be fair, I'm guessing you ran 400 yds, hand-timed, wind aided, and all downhill. However, we could easily resolve this by having you two go head-to-head on a neutral track ;-)

Looking at this kid, I have the same questions. He could be the best "under the radar guy" of Kill's career - seriously. Watching his HUDL tape and also seeing what he did in the GA vs FL all-star game, my guess would be that he put all his efforts into basketball but found out that football is his game. It seems to happen a lot in the skill positions. Seeing his break-away speed on tape (I have no knowledge of the speed of opposing secondaries), I see him as a KJ Maye type of receiver. By that I mean someone with speed and instinct to either get open or work back to the QB in high pressure situations. Hoping he's Golden especially after he's finding out that he's not #Play4Brew :cool:

IMHO, TJ & Rashad are both underthe radar and worth a commitment. Any chance Kill & Co. will take Hunter and these two? Maybe one of them can become a converted DB.

IMHO, TJ & Rashad are both underthe radar and worth a commitment. Any chance Kill & Co. will take Hunter and these two? Maybe one of them can become a converted DB.

Tough sell on "under the radar" to me. There's a 6'5 receiver in UTEP's backyard that they are aware of and have not offered, but the Gophers have. Still might be a good player, but certainly a strange scenario.

Tough sell on "under the radar" to me. There's a 6'5 receiver in UTEP's backyard that they are aware of and have not offered, but the Gophers have. Still might be a good player, but certainly a strange scenario.

Interestingly UTEP has signed a juco wr from Minnesota West C.T.C.

Did you reallly run the 400m in the early 70's? I was a little kid during that time, but I seem to recall it was always the 440 yard dash.

I ran varsity track in the mid 1990s and ran in the 11s consistently. I was fast, but never made it past sectionals.

Well, to be fair, I'm guessing you ran 400 yds, hand-timed, wind aided, and all downhill. However, we could easily resolve this by having you two go head-to-head on a neutral track ;-)

No, we ran 440 yards, which is actually a few steps further than 400 meters. At 61 years old, I'd be lucky to make it around the track. In fairness to the player in question, I don't think there is a play where a guy has to run 400 meters.

Did you reallly run the 400m in the early 70's? I was a little kid during that time, but I seem to recall it was always the 440 yard dash.

You are correct. We ran the 440 yard dash, which was once around the track.

Nebraska and Illinois asked for his transcripts this week and they both want him to take a visit. Also in that article that Bleed linked he said UCF and Northern Illinois along with the gophers are his top 3. If UTEP hasn't offered, it's their loss IMO. He also has an 89.8 GPA, his mom is in the army and as others have said, this is only his second year playing football.

Isn't it possible that some of these WR guys pack on more weight and switch to TE/H-back, or even go to DE? Kill and crew have said many times they like length and speed even if skinny at first.

Nebraska and Illinois asked for his transcripts this week and they both want him to take a visit. Also in that article that Bleed linked he said UCF and Northern Illinois along with the gophers are his top 3. If UTEP hasn't offered, it's their loss IMO. He also has an 89.8 GPA, his mom is in the army and as others have said, this is only his second year playing football.

Jesus christ, that's impressive. My high school GPA was 3 point something.

No, we ran 440 yards, which is actually a few steps further than 400 meters. At 61 years old, I'd be lucky to make it around the track. In fairness to the player in question, I don't think there is a play where a guy has to run 400 meters.

You had an AMAZING time in HS. Just consider how fast you'd have been if you had a normal sized head, say 15 pounds, instead of 50.

You had an AMAZING time in HS. Just consider how fast you'd have been if you had a normal sized head, say 15 pounds, instead of 50.

Harsh. over 50 the memories a mind makes up are better than the real ones - at least they are for me

But if you get that 50lb head going the proper direction, there's no stopping it.

Looking at this kid, I have the same questions. He could be the best "under the radar guy" of Kill's career - seriously. Watching his HUDL tape and also seeing what he did in the GA vs FL all-star game, my guess would be that he put all his efforts into basketball but found out that football is his game. It seems to happen a lot in the skill positions. Seeing his break-away speed on tape (I have no knowledge of the speed of opposing secondaries), I see him as a KJ Maye type of receiver. By that I mean someone with speed and instinct to either get open or work back to the QB in high pressure situations. Hoping he's Golden especially after he's finding out that he's not #Play4Brew :cool:

I like the one-hand grab, threading the tight seam for big yardage, and his balance falling down and using one hand to propel himself to the end zone for a TD. He is a very athletic kid, and will be a gang buster get for the Gophers.

Something to keep in mind as the 2015 recruiting season winds down.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Something to keep in mind as the 2015 recruiting season winds down.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Most were at least 3 star guys though. Gronk, Lynch, Blount were some of the 4 star guys. There's only roughly 25-35 five star guys in a given year.

Most were at least 3 star guys though. Gronk, Lynch, Blount were some of the 4 star guys. There's only roughly 25-35 five star guys in a given year.

Lynch was the #2 RB in the country and #38 in the country. Some years ESPN has as few as 15 five stars.

Top Bottom