Official 2015 Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Stories, Rumors, etc.

This can always change in a hurry, but right now John Kelly has 2 OVs scheduled:

Tennessee - 1/16
Minnesota - 1/23

Not surprising that he doesn't have Michigan scheduled since they didn't have a coach, but it is somewhat surprising that he hasn't schedule an OV for Michigan St. Since the only remaining recruiting weekend is 1/30, someone will be scratched. If it even matters anymore....

http://247sports.com/Player/John-Kelly-23718?pi=37900

This can always change in a hurry, but right now John Kelly has 2 OVs scheduled:

Tennessee - 1/16
Minnesota - 1/23

Not surprising that he doesn't have Michigan scheduled since they didn't have a coach, but it is somewhat surprising that he hasn't schedule an OV for Michigan St. Since the only remaining recruiting weekend is 1/30, someone will be scratched. If it even matters anymore....

http://247sports.com/Player/John-Kelly-23718?pi=37900
I could have sworn Kelly had a Michigan State OV scheduled before and I actually think it was for the weekend that it now lists his Tennessee OV maybe something changed or maybe I am just imagining that.

Maybe covered already but anyone able to provide a quick summary of the primary targets remaining at this point?

Maybe covered already but anyone able to provide a quick summary of the primary targets remaining at this point?

Hunter Register is the #1 WR at this point. Will decide soon and will be between us and UL-Layfeyette.
Bryce Witham is the TE that we may take and already has an OV scheduled. If we want him we will probably land him IMO.
Jamal Milan and Mose Hall are two D-lineman that have scheduled OVs and the staff is high on both of them. Hall is a lock most likely.
We want to add another safety and Kelly has an OV scheduled but we aren't the frontrunners at this point. Brandon Scott is a safety that is certain to schedule an OV here and if that doesn't work out Wake Forrest commit Dior Johnson would be the next in line to get an offer and I think he would flip him if we want. him All three of those safeties would be higher rated on a composite basis than any of our current commits and would be big time.
We also want to add an OLB. Mckinley Whitfield was our #1 target but re-committed to Tulsa recently. Not sure if he will still take his OV here or not.

Hunter Register is the #1 WR at this point. Will decide soon and will be between us and UL-Layfeyette.
Bryce Witham is the TE that we may take and already has an OV scheduled. If we want him we will probably land him IMO.
Jamal Milan and Mose Hall are two D-lineman that have scheduled OVs and the staff is high on both of them. Hall is a lock most likely.
We want to add another safety and Kelly has an OV scheduled but we aren't the frontrunners at this point. Brandon Scott is a safety that is certain to schedule an OV here and if that doesn't work out Wake Forrest commit Dior Johnson would be the next in line to get an offer and I think he would flip him if we want. him All three of those safeties would be higher rated on a composite basis than any of our current commits and would be big time.
We also want to add an OLB. Mckinley Whitfield was our #1 target but re-committed to Tulsa recently. Not sure if he will still take his OV here or not.

You are a man with great inside, thank you.

I could have sworn Kelly had a Michigan State OV scheduled before and I actually think it was for the weekend that it now lists his Tennessee OV maybe something changed or maybe I am just imagining that.
You're not and he did. I've never bought Michigan State as a legit threat. It's similar to Minnesota kids that have a Gopher offer and wait until the last minute to commit; how many of them end up coming to Minnesota? If you have a hometown offer for about a year and you haven't committed yet, you're probably not coming.

Michigan and Tennessee are legit, however.

Haven't heard many other targets mentioned at LB and I don't think we end up with Whitfield any idea of any other targets? Maybe look to flip some guys who have already committed like Junior McMullen I believe he was on our radar this summer? Kill said we have 25 scholarships and we are at 18 commits right now so probably at least 7 more to be added to this class.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Chicago DT Jamal Milan set to visit <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Gophers?src=hash">#Gophers</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Illini?src=hash">#Illini</a> this month <a href="http://t.co/SavijHVxjR">http://t.co/SavijHVxjR</a>
<a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/IUFB?src=hash">#IUFB</a> still the team to beat</p>— Josh Helmholdt (@JoshHelmholdt) <a href="https://twitter.com/JoshHelmholdt/status/552498206614233088">January 6, 2015</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Actually, I calculated "the throw" (and because we over-analyze everything on GH). The throw went 42 yards (from the 16 to the opponents 42). HOWEVER, the throw went from the right hashmark to the left sideline. Calculating where he's standing and where it was caught, it's 30 yards. So using the Pythagorean Theorem : a² + b² = c² you come up with a 51.6 yard "flick". That's impressive!

When Black people close their eyes and think of White people arguing, it sounds like this. :)

Somebody got a GopherIllustrated account for Christmas :p

I don't know about this but I do know that when trying to pick up women at the bar just remember that when the lights go out, all the cats are black ;-)

I don't know what the heck anyone is talking about but I'm sure someone will be offended:confused:

Are we still after wr's Singleton and Bayless, and DT Whitehead?

Haven't heard anything on Whitehead for a long time. Singleton is visiting wither the 16th or the 23rd. Bayless, not sure whats going on there. Some say he's waiting for an Auburn offer.

Haven't heard anything on Whitehead for a long time. Singleton is visiting wither the 16th or the 23rd. Bayless, not sure whats going on there. Some say he's waiting for an Auburn offer.

Thanks for the info.

I may have to treat myself to a late Christmas present of GI

Old news but an impressive report. Sounds like we also won't be missing Maxx next year. Good to hear that he showed patience as well. Not only did Manziel play in this game but so did Mariota.

Though the Canadian Night Train did not get into the end zone for the North squad he definitely had the biggest offensive impact of any player in this game. Femi-Cole carried the ball 26 times for 136 yards. No carry was more prolific then when he busted to the right sideline hurdling a defensive back. He has the size; strength and power to wear down defenses in the second half. Femi-Cole is an every down back designed for running the ball between the tackles. He was very patient allowing his blocks to set up in front of him. Minnesota fans should be excited about arrival on campus. For his superior performance he was honored as one of the North's MVPs.

http://www.nucsports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=23100&ATCLID=209838017

Curious

Old news but an impressive report. Sounds like we also won't be missing Maxx next year. Good to hear that he showed patience as well. Not only did Manziel play in this game but so did Mariota.

Though the Canadian Night Train did not get into the end zone for the North squad he definitely had the biggest offensive impact of any player in this game. Femi-Cole carried the ball 26 times for 136 yards. No carry was more prolific then when he busted to the right sideline hurdling a defensive back. He has the size; strength and power to wear down defenses in the second half. Femi-Cole is an every down back designed for running the ball between the tackles. He was very patient allowing his blocks to set up in front of him. Minnesota fans should be excited about arrival on campus. For his superior performance he was honored as one of the North's MVPs.

If we get too good, will it be boring to just crush everybody?

And my real question...who are the early enrollees for January, besides Ace...and how good is Ace?

What does that have to do with Maxx?

If we get too good, will it be boring to just crush everybody?

And my real question...who are the early enrollees for January, besides Ace...and how good is Ace?

Other than Ace, I believe that the Huff twins and Tyler Moore.

With a name like Ace, he'd better be very good.

Singleton is visiting wither the 16th or the 23rd.

Burns confirmed(yesterday) Singleton is visiting us the 23rd and listed him as the top WR target. That is interesting considering I thought Hunter Register was the top WR target. Singleton is visiting Georgia Tech on the 1/16. He is a Georgia Tech "soft" verbal.

Top Bottom