Official 2015 Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Stories, Rumors, etc.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

The coaches may have not initially planned to take a TE this class but with Elmore moving to DE and Maxx probably leaving after next year they changed their mind.

Just an fyi, the coaches have been after TE Jake Bargas who's committed to Wake Forrest from the get-go. If you watch his film you'll notice he moves & catches an awful lot like Maxx. Imo, this is the guy they want/wanted as Maxx's replacement. With Witham receiving an offer, it looks like we may be moving on.

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Jake-Bargas-153739

Looks like Pinkney might have been a Nebraska lean (his only visit to this point) before they fired Pelini.

What position is Jones expected to play?

The beauty is that he visited Nebraska for the Minnesota game! I was told that when the Minnesota fans started chanting "Jerry-Jerry" that the Nebraska fans overpowered them with chants of "WE WANT Jerry!". That had to make an impression on Mr Pinkney :)

Even though Julian Jones 'committed' to Illinois last week, Rivals and 247 still show that he will visit MN on 12-12-14.

Even though Julian Jones 'committed' to Illinois last week, Rivals and 247 still show that he will visit MN on 12-12-14.

He has cancelled that visit. Apparently those sites just don't have it updated.

Anybody know who Burns' tweet was about this morning? Top D target and set up an official, was it Mykelti Williams or is that old news?

Yes! I didn't think he still had legit interest in us. Even if he is a recruit that just schedules all 5 officials just to schedule all 5 officials it still counts and good things happen when you get guys on campus. Shelton Johnson is another huge guy that I want to get on campus. He scheduled of OV for the Iowa game but couldn't make it. I think he still plans on visiting though. Its refreshing to have guys like Mckee, Mykelti Williams, Saint Amour and hopefully Johnson take OVs here even if they don't commit.

Didn't think he still had a committable offer after the Shenault, Craighton and Hardin commits even though he is a good player. Thought we were done with corner and were taking one JC safety(Rogers) and one more HS safety which I don't think he is.

Didn't think he still had a committable offer after the Shenault, Craighton and Hardin commits even though he is a good player. Thought we were done with corner and were taking one JC safety(Rogers) and one more HS safety which I don't think he is.

Just because there were no more "committable" offers for some recruits doesn't mean that applies for everyone... if the staff's evaluation of Redwine is consistent with offer lists, he would be the top CB recruit for this class. This staff will be flexible and keep recruiting talent, especially when many of the DB prospects have the ability to play either CB or safety.

Based on the scholarship grid, we have only 2 more left for this class after accounting for the McAvoy's moving on: http://www.thedailygopher.com/pages/football-scholarship-grid

For the uncommitted prospects, Tyler Moore seems like the only sure thing at this point. After that, we probably take the best players regardless of position. Although I would be really surprised if we don't end up with at least 1 TE and D-lineman.

If we land Williams or McKee, either one would be the highest ranked defensive recruit of the Kill era. A clear sign that this season is paying long-term dividends...

Tyler Moore just tweeted "Coach Kill in the Clutch City Thursday" #Ski-U-Mah

Clutch City is a nickname for Houston. Tyler Moore's hometown.

Not so funny thing is that Ryan Burns wrote that we were shying away from McKee because of academic issues! Last time I checked correctly reading/writing/just an overall understanding of the English language was a necessity.

You guys are so square.

Was that Redwine or Sykes or both? Hard to keep up with all of it.

I thought that Coach Kill has said that we will take 23 or 24 recruits. I do know that it's higher than the scholarship grid but I trust the coaches. It could be 20/21, plus three over signings, which means they expect one or two more departures.

I thought that Coach Kill has said that we will take 23 or 24 recruits. I do know that it's higher than the scholarship grid but I trust the coaches. It could be 20/21, plus three over signings, which means they expect one or two more departures.

Sorry guys I don't have much knowledge on the recruiting side; but does anyone know or have an educated guess as to who might be leaving?

Top Bottom