Official 2015 Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Stories, Rumors, etc.

Tyler Moore has offers from Oregon State and Texas. If his tweet implies he committed to Gophers, that's great news.

I don't get what he's saying in his three tweets. Seems like he questioned his ski-u-mah tweet with the smiley he inserted.

Hunter Register was offered by Indiana recently. Should in theory be able to beat out a 3 win team but we have lost some good recruits to them in the past and they have developed and recruited some very talented receivers.

I don't think Register wants to leave the South. Looks like he's holding out for an SEC offer.

As for "losing" recruits to Indiana, who besides Stringer and Scales? Stringer grew up in Illinois a Hoosier fan, and Scales was from Ohio and went to Indiana despite a host of really good offers.

Credit to Kyle Goblirsch of the Minnesota 24/7 CBSSports site on the tweet below. By the looks of Wyatt's twitter feed did we just flip current Boston College commit and 3-star St. Thomas Aquinas High School (FL) DE Wyatt Ray? Says committed to BC and also has offers from us, Cincinnati, Northern Illinois, Syracuse, Wake Forest, Miami (Ohio). Good news if we did and welcome to the U of M and Gophers if that is the case.

Btw - If I am not mistaken, St. Thomas Aquinas in Florida is often one of the top high schools in the country for football.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

okay. care to elaborate a bit? what is the purpose of him posting a picture of himself with minneapolis skyline as the backdrop if he is solidly committed to bc? color me confused i guess. :confused:

It was likely a piece of recruiting mail that was sent by the U to him.

Credit to Kyle Goblirsch of the Minnesota 24/7 CBSSports site on the tweet below. By the looks of Wyatt's twitter feed did we just flip current Boston College commit and 3-star St. Thomas Aquinas High School (FL) DE Wyatt Ray? Says committed to BC and also has offers from us, Cincinnati, Northern Illinois, Syracuse, Wake Forest, Miami (Ohio). Good news if we did and welcome to the U of M and Gophers if that is the case.

Btw - If I am not mistaken, St. Thomas Aquinas in Florida is often one of the top high schools in the country for football.

He's actually already taken an official here a month ago. Staff wants him bad. BTW didn't know he went to Acquinas. Bosa, James White and Giovanni Bernard off the top of my head went there. White and Bernard actually shared snaps in the same backfield.

He's actually already taken an official here a month ago. Staff wants him bad. BTW didn't know he went to Acquinas. Bosa, James White and Giovanni Bernard off the top of my head went there. White and Bernard actually shared snaps in the same backfield.

Btw. Random fact I learned via the radio the other day. James White's uncle actually played for the U of M back in the early 1980's. He called into KFAN to talk with Gaard about the Gophers and their victory over Nebraska.

Brian Picollo, Michael Irvin also went to STA. You play in that program, you're solid. As a whole, STA isan athletic machine. Very good athletes come out of there. They play Royal Palm Beach in Regional final Friday (equivalent to our state quarter finals).

Kelly just got offered by Iowa today. I would think they would just be the destination for his 4th official but only because he wants to take all 5. Not necessarily because of genuine interest. Could be wrong. That #18 ranking sure won't hurt.

Kelly also received a Tennessee offer today and per Josh Helmholdt they are in the mix along with Iowa now. Hopefully it's nothing more than the kid just checking out his options.

Brian Picollo, Michael Irvin also went to STA. You play in that program, you're solid. As a whole, STA isan athletic machine. Very good athletes come out of there. They play Royal Palm Beach in Regional final Friday (equivalent to our state quarter finals).

Great baseball program as well as football program.

I see Jake Rudock is a STA grad.

Will the Gophers be pursuing Mike Weber after he de-committed from scUM over the weekend? It sounds like him John Kelly would like to play for the same school.
“Me and Mikey, our plan is to play with each other in college,” Kelly said of Weber. “Whether it’s at Michigan or whatever school he goes to. But that is one our plans is to play with each other. When he de-committed, that was something for him to for his future. That really doesn’t steer me away from the school.”

http://recruiting.scout.com/story/1484981-john-kelly-you-can-t-rule-michigan-out?s=73

Will the Gophers be pursuing Mike Weber after he de-committed from scUM over the weekend? It sounds like him John Kelly would like to play for the same school.
“Me and Mikey, our plan is to play with each other in college,” Kelly said of Weber. “Whether it’s at Michigan or whatever school he goes to. But that is one our plans is to play with each other. When he de-committed, that was something for him to for his future. That really doesn’t steer me away from the school.”

http://recruiting.scout.com/story/1484981-john-kelly-you-can-t-rule-michigan-out?s=73

Why would Kelly want even more RB competition if that's the position he really wants to play? Doesn't make sense to me, regardless of who he is friends with.

Why would Kelly want even more RB competition if that's the position he really wants to play? Doesn't make sense to me, regardless of who he is friends with.

Kelly is now open to either RB or DB.

Kelly also received a Tennessee offer today and per Josh Helmholdt they are in the mix along with Iowa now. Hopefully it's nothing more than the kid just checking out his options.

He has said for a while that he planned to take all 5 OVs.

Probably not. Doesn't really sound like a true package deal, just two friends that would enjoy being together in college but not a priority. "Plan" is probably an overstatement.

And Cass Tech players as well. (Mike Weber's school and Jayru Campbell's former school before the body slamming of the security guard)

I was just amazed that close rivals would socialize so easily. Back in the day if players came in contact with their closest rivals, someone's getting a bloody nose and a fat lip. A different time I guess.

I don't see us landing Kelly. He's changed at least a couple OVs. Last time he was going to be here for a week and changed it to a few days, then one day and then not at all if I recall correctly. Then he has this official and cancels it too. He seems like one of those players who just plays folks. He may be a great player but I am already tired of him. Kill wants players who want to be here and so do I.

Top Bottom