Official 2015 Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Stories, Rumors, etc.

Your looking at it the wrong way. It's a personal Statement from his NCSA profile for coaches and recruiters to see. It's suppose to be informative as he is stating his case as a prospect.

I get it. Just joking. Seems like a great kid - glad he is a Gopher!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With the commitment of Witham, we're likely done on offense for this class. So barring any unexpected visitors this weekend, it looks like our final commits could be Johnson, Hall, Milan, and Whitfield.

per Joe:

Lemming had good things to say about several of the recruits in Minnesota's 2015 class. A sampling:

QB Demry Croft: "Nobody knows about him. I’m only an hour away from [Rockford, Ill.], so I go up there and I’ve seen him. I love the kid. He’s got great potential. He’s that good. He could be a big, big time guy. He could be the guy that could lead them to a Big Ten championship someday."

DB Antonio Shenault: "He's another big-time, four-star kid out of Chicago. Legit cover corner. He’s got terrific all-around ability."

OL Quinn Oseland: "He has an excellent offensive line coach at Sacred Heart-Griffin [in Springfield, Ill.] State champs again this year. Quinn Oseland has potential to be an All-American at Minnesota."

http://www.startribune.com/sports/blogs/289819871.html

Go Gophers!!

Never sure what to make of Lemming but still nice hear Shenault is a "big time four-star kid" and he is expected to be a Gopher
Quinn Oseland makes sliding glass patio doors look like a house building mistake

With the commitment of Witham, we're likely done on offense for this class. So barring any unexpected visitors this weekend, it looks like our final commits could be Johnson, Hall, Milan, and Whitfield.

Okay about 5 days to go...list update:Recruiting Update
National NCAA Signing Day Football 2015 is Feb 4
That is 14 days away...now 7ish...now 5ish days left
Okay, maybe an updated version from John Galt, die hard and loose ends:
Possible recruits
Bryce Witham TE 2 star we are his best offer---now a Gopher commit
Mose Hall DE 2 star w/Wake offer--Gophers in play--now a Gopher commit 1/27/15
Jamal Milan DT 3 star with like 20 good offers---Gophers in play
John Kelly DB 3 star with many good offers
Dior Johnson DB 4 star with big, good offer list---Gophers in play---now a Gopher commit
Mario Osborne DE 2 star but with like 10 offers
TJ Skelton WR no rating, no offers 4.59 at 6-1----was here Saturday
Kenny Willikes LB under the radar
Rashad Still WR no rating, no offers---now a Gopher commit and now rated #62 WR in the country by ESPN
Brandon Scott safety 3 star with lots of nice offers
Anthony Smiley athlete 2 star with 3 lesser offers
Sam Beal athlete 2 star with a Western Michigan offer (gotta be a Gopher?)
and #13 Hunter Register is the #1 WR at this point. Will decide soon and will be between us and UL-Layfeyette.
I don't see a rating for Hunter but he has at least 9 offers----now a Gopher commit

Moving on:
Mc Kinley Whitfield—likely Tulsa---but still Gopher possibilities 6-4, 195, 4.58 ATH but likely def.
Brandon Singleton—likely arkansas---now a Cal commit
Anthony McKee—-playin’ us

“Kill said the remaining priorities are 1 safety, 1 OLB, 2-3 D-lineman, (1-2 WRs, and a TE." ) like John said, likely done on offense but...

Who else? Any of these DB’s, safeties, athletes possible OLB ?

Thanks John & Die Hard

add Winston De Lattiboudere to the list of possible DL candidates --- one offer from N.C. Central--(not making it up)

We are up to number 42 in Rivals team rankings. One additional decently rated player would get us to 38 or 39 nationally, likely.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Rashad Still just got evaluated on espn and he is now our highest rated commit! He is ranked the #62 WR in the country and has a grade of 79 which is the highest grade a 3 star can get! Rashad was my favorite commit and I thought was was a top 100 receiver before but this just gives me even more confidence that he will be an absolute stud. For comparison, Gentry was a top 100 WR on rivals, scout and espn and his highest rank was #65. Will be interesting to see where they evaluate Register and Witham.

Okay about a week to go...list update:Recruiting Update
National NCAA Signing Day Football 2015 is Feb 4
That is 14 days away...now 7ish
Okay, maybe an updated version from John Galt, die hard and loose ends:
Possible recruits
Bryce Witham TE 2 star we are his best offer---now a Gopher commit
Mose Hall DE 2 star w/Wake offer--Gophers in play
Jamal Milan DT 3 star with like 20 good offers---Gophers in play
John Kelly DB 3 star with many good offers
Dior Johnson DB 4 star with big, good offer list---Gophers in play
Mario Osborne DE 2 star but with like 10 offers
TJ Skelton WR no rating, no offers 4.59 at 6-1----was here Saturday
Kenny Willikes LB under the radar
Rashad Still WR no rating, no offers---now a Gopher commit
Brandon Scott safety 3 star with lots of nice offers
Anthony Smiley athlete 2 star with 3 lesser offers
Sam Beal athlete 2 star with a Western Michigan offer (gotta be a Gopher?)
and #13 Hunter Register is the #1 WR at this point. Will decide soon and will be between us and UL-Layfeyette.
I don't see a rating for Hunter but he has at least 9 offers----now a Gopher commit

Moving on:
Mc Kinley Whitfield—likely Tulsa---but still Gopher possibilities 6-4, 195, 4.58 ATH but likely def.
Brandon Singleton—likely arkansas---now a Cal commit
Anthony McKee—-playin’ us

“Kill said the remaining priorities are 1 safety, 1 OLB, 2-3 D-lineman, (1-2 WRs, and a TE." ) like John said, likely done on offense but...

Who else? Any of these DB’s, safeties, athletes possible OLB ?

Thanks John & Die Hard

add Winston De Lattiboudere to the list of possible DL candidates --- one offer from N.C. Central--(not making it up)

So To fill out the class:

1 Safety: Dior Johnson
1 OLB: Mckinley Whitfield
2 DL: Mose Hall, Jamal Milan

Alternates if some of the above go elsewhere:

TJ Skelton
Winston Delattiboudere

TJ Skelton
Winston Delattiboudere

We are very likely done on the offensive side of the ball (barring a decommitment) so Skelton is pretty much out.

TJ Skelton
Winston Delattiboudere

AJ Smiley seems to be the alternate for Dior Johnson. AJ visits this weekend.

Go Gophers!!

Never sure what to make of Lemming but still nice hear Shenault is a "big time four-star kid" and he is expected to be a Gopher
Quinn Oseland makes sliding glass patio doors look like a house building mistake

I value Lemming's opinion a lot more than any of the recruiting websites when it comes to Midwest kids. Sometimes the other recruiting websites can be like a restaurant with a 50 page menu. They make money by having an opinion on literally every single player. Lemming is like a good Italian Restaurant that's only got 10 things on the menu, but does them all really well.

I value Lemming's opinion a lot more than any of the recruiting websites when it comes to Midwest kids. Sometimes the other recruiting websites can be like a restaurant with a 50 page menu. They make money by having an opinion on literally every single player. Lemming is like a good Italian Restaurant that's only got 10 things on the menu, but does them all really well.

Especially Illinois kids.

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!

Very good for a walk-on IMO. Just as big as our scholarship O-lineman.

<iframe src='//www.hudl.com/embed/athlete/1471280/highlights/195411380' width='640' height='360' frameborder='0' allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe src='//www.hudl.com/embed/athlete/1471280/highlights/120073378' width='640' height='360' frameborder='0' allowfullscreen></iframe>

He seems like a really bright kid, high character guy, etc. but his highlight film is not very impressive (to be fair I got bored and quit watching after the first one). What I saw was a guy that lacks the athleticism to play tackle or to pull as a guard and a guy who got stood up by defensive linemen half his size quite a bit. Hopefully he can grow into his body, gain athleticism and strength. That's the nice thing about walk-ons, you can take a flyer on a guy like this with size/character and hope the strength/skill come with time.

That's interesting considering I have always heard Whitfield is projected at LB for the Gophers. I had not heard any LB projection talk for AJ Smiley, only DB.

Smiley is determinately a LB recruit for the Gophers. The staff looks for body types to fill specific roles. At SLB they like long, thin guys who can run with TE's and RB's out of the backfield. Basically what we're doing is looking for Campbell's replacement right now. Both McKinley and Smiley are athletic guys in that mold who go around 6'4" 205lb and will bulk up in time. Since the responsibility of these players is to cover TE's and RB's it makes sense to take big safeties and turn them into linebackers imo.

He seems like a really bright kid, high character guy, etc. but his highlight film is not very impressive (to be fair I got bored and quit watching after the first one). What I saw was a guy that lacks the athleticism to play tackle or to pull as a guard and a guy who got stood up by defensive linemen half his size quite a bit. Hopefully he can grow into his body, gain athleticism and strength. That's the nice thing about walk-ons, you can take a flyer on a guy like this with size/character and hope the strength/skill come with time.

Disagree. He seemed just as dominant and overpowering as any of our scholarship commits. I would say that his junior tape looks better and you didn't watch that. Actually, if you showed me Oseland's junior highlights and Kuehn's junior highlights and I didn't know a thing about either one, I would say Kuehn looks like the stronger, better run blocker. I guess thats why I'm not a scout.

Top Bottom