Official 2015 Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Stories, Rumors, etc.

And Cam really wasn't a Juco- he was at Florida until he got booted for academic indiscretions.

This is stupid. If you go to a junior college and you're a QB, then you're a JUCO QB. It doesn't matter how or why you got there. Zach Mettenberger was a JUCO QB now matter how you slice it up. The Becky Badgers also have a JUCO QB.

And I don't really know about this "Junior College QB's rarely pan out" business. K-State's guy, Jake Waters, sure looked good slinging it around Saturday. We had a kid named Travis Cole who did pretty well here only a couple years ago. Mettenberger was sweet last year. Iowa's Brad Banks literally tore down the Metrodome uprights a decade ago and almost won the Heisman afterwards.

Yes, it's a roll of the dice, but it can work out. These were some guys that just popped into my head and I'm sure there is a bunch more that would make the cut.

Can we start a separate thread titled "All things JUCO QBs (and move these comments)?

There is some great info coming out about potential Gophers, so lets stick to our knitting, please.

This guy, the Saint, Berry...that's 3 guys...who else are we in on for defensive linemen? We have none so far. How many would you expect we'd like to add?
Looks like Mario Patton has offers from us and Bowling Green but I haven't seen any news on him really and Jamal Milan is another offer though it looks like Illinois and Syracuse are the favorites for him there is a couple other guys we offered but we probably have about no chance with them.http://minnesota.247sports.com/Season/2015-Football/Offers

This guy, the Saint, Berry...that's 3 guys...who else are we in on for defensive linemen? We have none so far. How many would you expect we'd like to add?

Given that we have 4 true freshman playing, a redshirt freshman (Peppers), and Kafo redshirting this year, we probably sign 2. DB and O-line are the most important position groups for this class.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Too bad about Alex Barnes.
Shelton Johnson a 3-star defensive end is visiting during the Iowa game along with Beebe, Whitfield and Femi-Cole. Johnson has offers from everyone including Florida State. It would be quite the coup to get him.

Wouldn't be surprised if one of the bigger reasons he went there was that he could play RB there and I believe we were targeting him as a safety.

Wouldn't be surprised if one of the bigger reasons he went there was that he could play RB there and I believe we were targeting him as a safety.

Possibly, but it's not surprising that a Kansas kid decided to stay home and play for a top 10 team.

Gopher target DB/RB John Kelly offered by Michigan today.

Less worried about Michigan, more worried about Sparty. I'd be very careful signing with Michigan when they are about to **** can the whole coaching staff and AD all in one shot.

He's big-time, and his younger bro - a jr, i believe - is even bigger big-time.

The guy has offers from Florida, OSU, Nebraska, Tennessee, Kentucky, Missouri, Vanderbilt, Northwestern, etc., and he's the #1003 overall player on 247 - and a 3-star on Rivals. This is very strange, given that I've been informed repeatedly on GH that the recruiting services only look at offers and rate players accordingly.

We probably have a chance at all three of these guys from North Gwinnette…Almonzo Brown already committed, he brought his teammate Saint-Amour up for a visit last week and now he's got his other buddy, Imatorbhebhe with an offer. If they all want to play together, we might be a very lucky team. Good Job Almonzo…already helping the Gophers:)

We probably have a chance at all three of these guys from North Gwinnette…Almonzo Brown already committed, he brought his teammate Saint-Amour up for a visit last week and now he's got his other buddy, Imatorbhebhe with an offer. If they all want to play together, we might be a very lucky team. Good Job Almonzo…already helping the Gophers:)

If this guy signs with the Gophers what happens first: Sid learns how to pronounce his name, or Pat Reusse wears a Gopher Shirt while taping the Sports Show?

Go Gophers!!

And they have a better football team.
True and I can't fault him for staying close to home. He did say after his official visit to Minnesota that the Gophers had a leg up but the official visit to K-State must have changed that. Plenty of other DB targets out there for the Gophers.

The guy has offers from Florida, OSU, Nebraska, Tennessee, Kentucky, Missouri, Vanderbilt, Northwestern, etc., and he's the #1003 overall player on 247 - and a 3-star on Rivals. This is very strange, given that I've been informed repeatedly on GH that the recruiting services only look at offers and rate players accordingly.

There it is. This single case proves that it never happens. Game. Set. Match. Well done.

Top Bottom