Beau Bucci?!

FiveStarFan

Reaction score
Anyone know much about this kid? I know he is a 2009 RB recruit from maybe the best program in south Florida. Scout.com had rumblings of him coming here a couple day ago and now he is on the front page of rivals....

Per Gridiron Stud:

Player Description: The total back hits the hole quick and is patient when necessary. Blocks with purpose and enthusiasm. Field vision quick powerfull and balance defines him. He also catches out of the back field as well as from the slot. Career Rushing Average 9.45 yard

Video Description: Beau Bucci Runnig Back RB St Thomas Aquinas National Champions 2008. Class of 2009

Height: 5 ft, 10 inches Weight: 195 US lbs.
Bench: 275 Squat: 450
40 Time: 4.5 GPA: 2.3
SAT: 970 ACT: 0
Graduation Year: 2009

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ARqR0htRkOY&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ARqR0htRkOY&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARqR0htRkOY&feature=player_embedded

The 2.3 GPA and/or 970 SAT could be an issue

Per Gridiron Stud:

Player Description: The total back hits the hole quick and is patient when necessary. Blocks with purpose and enthusiasm. Field vision quick powerfull and balance defines him. He also catches out of the back field as well as from the slot. Career Rushing Average 9.45 yard

Video Description: Beau Bucci Runnig Back RB St Thomas Aquinas National Champions 2008. Class of 2009

Height: 5 ft, 10 inches Weight: 195 US lbs.
Bench: 275 Squat: 450
40 Time: 4.5 GPA: 2.3
SAT: 970 ACT: 0
Graduation Year: 2009

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ARqR0htRkOY&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ARqR0htRkOY&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARqR0htRkOY&feature=player_embedded

The 2.3 GPA and/or 970 SAT could be an issue

Probably thee issue! Could be wrong, but I doubt he will end up at MN.

I know nothing about him, but just want to say: Holy Sh*t, that kid's GOOD...and F-A-S-T. Thanks for posting that video. His run at about 40 seconds in--where he just BURSTS through the line on a zone read option and then out-runs a VERY fast safety with an angle on him--was impressive. Wow.

Ya I've seen the video and he looks like a player! Wonder how a kid from STA with these skills can go without a profile on rivals and scout

I think it is because of the 2 stud running backs that they have in front of him. I can't think of their names off the top of my head but if you check the roster and search for them on Rivals or Scout they will be highly recruited.

Yeah. That's a pretty rough score for the SAT. Hopefully, he can either retake it or take the ACT.
Otherwise, I'm guessing he'll have to look at Junior College.

Yeah. That's a pretty rough score for the SAT. Hopefully, he can either retake it or take the ACT.
Otherwise, I'm guessing he'll have to look at Junior College.

Not true (although it looks like if GPA drops below 2.125 -- the overall minimum is 2.0 -- he would have a problem). From the NCAA itself:

The "sliding scale" used by the NCAA now allows a higher core GPA to reduce the SAT component. A 2.5 core GPA will still need a 820 SAT score, a higher core GPA of 2.75 will need a 720 SAT score, a 3.0 core GPA will only require a 620 SAT score and a 3.55 core GPA will just need a 400 SAT score. The NCAA has stated that their research now indicates that core class grades were the best indicators of academic success during a student-athlete’s freshman year.

He looks solid...but I'm more impressed with the ridiculous, de-cleating block put on by WR/TE #8 at about 2:10 of the video. We should be recruiting him! Looks like the poor bastard on the business end of that block may have been crippled for life.

Looking on GI the headline reads "Florida back would love to join Gopher Nation", do we really have a 4* (speculating) RB selling himself to us?? Can anyone add some more details here. "Minnesota has yet to dip into that talent pool, but if one class of 2009 recruit has his way that could end soon." --- has it his way?? So all we have to do if offer him? I think I'm missing something. Would love to get this kid in here though!

Thanks

Not true (although it looks like if GPA drops below 2.125 -- the overall minimum is 2.0 -- he would have a problem). From the NCAA itself:

The "sliding scale" used by the NCAA now allows a higher core GPA to reduce the SAT component. A 2.5 core GPA will still need a 820 SAT score, a higher core GPA of 2.75 will need a 720 SAT score, a 3.0 core GPA will only require a 620 SAT score and a 3.55 core GPA will just need a 400 SAT score. The NCAA has stated that their research now indicates that core class grades were the best indicators of academic success during a student-athlete’s freshman year.

Hence why it was a guess. :cool:
Also, that's the NCAA's rules. I'm not sure what Minnesota's rules are.

As has been stated in previous posts, his academics could be an issue. And wow....third string? He would start for any Minnesota school, even CDH, the "Powerhouse" of Minnesota football.

Beau Bucci

Narrowly edges out Hayo Carpenter for best name in 09 class.

He looks solid...but I'm more impressed with the ridiculous, de-cleating block put on by WR/TE #8 at about 2:10 of the video. We should be recruiting him! Looks like the poor bastard on the business end of that block may have been crippled for life.

Absolutely vicious!!!

Looking on GI the headline reads "Florida back would love to join Gopher Nation", do we really have a 4* (speculating) RB selling himself to us?? Can anyone add some more details here. "Minnesota has yet to dip into that talent pool, but if one class of 2009 recruit has his way that could end soon." --- has it his way?? So all we have to do if offer him? I think I'm missing something. Would love to get this kid in here though!

Thanks

I think quality backs around the nation are taking note on our emphasis for recruiting on the O-Line. What back in the country wouldn't want to run behind the likes of Gjere and (cross your fingers) Henderson.

I'm pretty sure that #8 is none other than Duron Carter, son of Cris Carter, headed to The Ohio State University. I watched a little bit of that game on ESPN and he was a player. Big lanky kid with good hands and deceptive speed. I would guess he'll see some time this year with OSU's WR vacancies.

Top Bottom