Page 25 of 32 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast
Results 481 to 500 of 639
  1. Default

    What on earth is going on at Seton Hall? Their conference blew up, their team was absolutely awful last year, they haven't been relevant in forever, we poached their assistant (and I believe they lost some others). Now all of a sudden they are getting elite recruits left and right? Sigh, the shady world of college basketball recruiting.


  2. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jaymil View Post
    He didn't even visit. Our chances are slim to none. He just visited both local schools, I'm guessing he'll pick one of them.
    Agreed. You don't go that far from home with out seeing the campus. Especially if he's been willing to check out Seton Hall, St. John's, and Indiana who are all closer.

  3. #483

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WanderingGopher View Post
    What on earth is going on at Seton Hall? Their conference blew up, their team was absolutely awful last year, they haven't been relevant in forever, we poached their assistant (and I believe they lost some others). Now all of a sudden they are getting elite recruits left and right? Sigh, the shady world of college basketball recruiting.
    Seton Hall just hired Oliver Antigua, a long time Bronx, NY coach:

    Antigua enjoyed a successful career at St. Raymond High School in the Bronx, where he coached the Ravens to five Catholic High School Athletic Association (CHSAA) Class AA championships over his 13-year tenure. In 10 seasons as head coach, the Ravens won 186 games and three intersectional championships (2003, 2004, 2012). The most recent championship campaign in 2012 featured St. Ramond posting a 21-10 overall record behind CHSAA Player of the Year Daniel Dingle. The Ravens captured a berth in the New York State Federation Tournament semifinals.

    http://www.shupirates.com/sports/m-b...091713aaa.html

    Go Gophers!!

  4. Default

    Straight from the horse:



  5. Default

    I hope this isn't one of those instances of the parents interfering with the players final decision.

  6. #486
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Shoreview
    Posts
    6,313

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Buttcheeks McGaffigan View Post
    I hope this isn't one of those instances of the parents interfering with the players final decision.
    Whatever will be, will be.

    Whitehead is the guy I wanted the most - even more than Vaughn. He's a scoring machine.

    Our luck that the homebody would be there and the world travelers would grow up here.
    Last edited by Bad Gopher; 09-17-2013 at 08:35 PM.

  7. #487

    Default

    it looks like he won't pick the u, and now the 247 guys can quickly change their crystal ball predictions and the mn rivals guys can do the same and they can then say there were right. anyone who claims they know what these kids are thinking or who leads are making it up. no one knows. it's all about subscriptions.

  8. #488

    Default




    Go Gophers!!

  9. Default

    Has he even visited St. John's yet? Earlier in his recruitment the story was that he wanted to go away from home. What happened? St. John's is in his back yard. (And like Seton Hall, no longer in a power conference).

    Agreed, who would've thought the "world travelers" (SMH) would be in Minneapolis and the homebodies in NYC?

  10. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WanderingGopher View Post
    Has he even visited St. John's yet? Earlier in his recruitment the story was that he wanted to go away from home. What happened? St. John's is in his back yard. (And like Seton Hall, no longer in a power conference).

    Agreed, who would've thought the "world travelers" (SMH) would be in Minneapolis and the homebodies in NYC?
    I believe he is taking an unofficial there tomorrow. Hard to feel good about the Gophers chances with him never even having been on campus, if I had to take a guess I would bet he picks either St.Johns or Indiana.

  11. Default

    Quite a few on the Seton Hall board think it will be St. John's. Rumor being that his mom prefers Lavin.

    Too bad all of the top Gopher targets can't announce on Thursday. Then if it's a complete swing and a miss, they can start pushing harder at and taking commitments from the plan B's and plan C's.

  12. Default

    Didn't his mom say she wanted him close to home

  13. Default

    Whitehead has never visited Minnesota, but Barrett said they remain in the mix after an in-home visit last week.

    “With them having Kimani [Young], Kimani has a relationship with all of us and Isaiah also,” Barrett said. “You don’t even need to visit because he has a relationship with all of those guys.”
    http://zagsblog.com/articles/whitehe...unce-thursday/

  14. Default

    Bridesmaids yet again oh well. Now we can go all out for Rashad and hope he is homesick after a year at Findlay.

  15. Default

    "You don't even need to visit"? What a joke. Save us the bullsh*t and just say you're announcing between the two mid-major schools near your home. And sheesh, if you think you're a big time player and you're going to go to school in NJ, at least pick the one in the B1G, not some school that hasn't been relevant in 30 years.

  16. Default

    I'm definitely disappointed that he's announcing without visiting us. I know it's not likely that he's going to commit to the U, but to delay my misery I'm going to offer a delusional point of view: Isaiah has such a good relationship with Pitino and Kimani Young that he visited the other schools to see if they had enough of a "wow factor" to prevent him from committing to us. None did, so he's choosing us.

    There, now I can sleep tonight.

    EDIT: Would it be a recruiting violation if us Gopherholers organized a last minute Twitter bomb to try and convince him to come to the U?
    Last edited by lars3212; 09-17-2013 at 10:04 PM.

  17. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lars3212 View Post
    I'm definitely disappointed that he's announcing without visiting us. I know it's not likely that he's going to commit to the U, but to delay my misery I'm going to offer a delusional point of view: Isaiah has such a good relationship with Pitino and Kimani Young that he visited the other schools to see if they had enough of a "wow factor" to prevent him from committing to us. None did, so he's choosing us.

    There, now I can sleep tonight.

    EDIT: Would it be a recruiting violation if us Gopherholers organized a last minute Twitter bomb to try and convince him to come to the U?
    It's against the rules to contact a recruit if you are a booster of the athletic program i.e- season ticket holder or if you have ever donated money to the athletic department. There are other definitions of boosters as well. I'm sure there are plenty of boosters on this board.

  18. Default

    It is interesting that the only team that has been consistently on his list is Minnesota. We've seen UCLA/Arizona/Miami/Syracuse/Louisville and others pop on and off but Minnesota was always in the mix. His initial six looks nothing like his current five, except Minnesota.

    He never took any official visits -- not sure why that would be. Maybe it just isn't that important to him. The fact that he didn't visit here doesn't completely remove us, in my opinion.

    But....Sure seems like he was either blown away by Seton Hall or he just decided that he wanted to stay home and go to St. John's. However, he has seemed to enjoy the fact that nobody knew where he was going. Certainly not predicting Minnesota but I haven't completely lost hope either.

  19. #499

    Default

    I have to imagine Pitino and Kimani have a very good idea of where they stand with him since they just had an in-home visit with him. So more than likely they've moved on to other priorities.

  20. #500

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lars3212 View Post
    I'm definitely disappointed that he's announcing without visiting us. I know it's not likely that he's going to commit to the U, but to delay my misery I'm going to offer a delusional point of view: Isaiah has such a good relationship with Pitino and Kimani Young that he visited the other schools to see if they had enough of a "wow factor" to prevent him from committing to us. None did, so he's choosing us.

    There, now I can sleep tonight.

    EDIT: Would it be a recruiting violation if us Gopherholers organized a last minute Twitter bomb to try and convince him to come to the U?
    Lars- I like your delusional view. It's not impossible that he still selects us- Newton did it at Miami. And... a verbal isn't final so he knows that he can still visit after the verbal. But if one cannot subscribe to the delusional view - then we should all consider this: If Whitehead now chooses to be close to home after it appeared he was headed elsewhere- we still do have three fine players here locally, any of which could do the same and none of which have commited elsewhere. Hard work usually pays off and despite the lack of good news- I think Pitino and company are putting in the work.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  










Get Adobe Flash player