Page 25 of 43 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast
  1. Default

there is plenty to do in minneapolis Isaiah...... u cant get bored here!

Quote Originally Posted by gopherdiehard View Post
    there is plenty to do in minneapolis Isaiah...... u cant get bored here!
    Agreed, if they can get him here for a visit I think they could land him.

everyone seems to think we can't beat Indiana for Whitehead. I can't remember...how'd Minnesota do against Indiana last year when we played them.....

Quote Originally Posted by CoMn View Post
    everyone seems to think we can't beat Indiana for Whitehead. I can't remember...how'd Minnesota do against Indiana last year when we played them.....
    Unfortunately one game won't have much, if any, impact on where Whitehead goes to school. Indiana is a more prestigious program and Assembly Hall is one of the best places to play in the country. Our advantages are the opportunity for more playing time (probably), Minneapolis being nicer than Bloomington, and a better relationship with the coaching staff due to us recruiting him longer.

Quote Originally Posted by CoMn View Post
    Uh oh.....Wisconsin went 3-1 against Minnesota and Indiana last year.

Go Gophers!!

7. Default

Bluiett picked UCLA. This must help us with Whitehead. All we have to do is beat out Indiana. It would be nice for someone else to commit to those Hoosiers to help Whitehead make his decision.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Gopherguy0723 View Post
    Bluiett picked UCLA. This must help us with Whitehead. All we have to do is beat out Indiana. It would be nice for someone else to commit to those Hoosiers to help Whitehead make his decision.
    'Course, that's a pretty big "all we have to do." Indiana's not easy to beat.

(Except at the Barn when they're ranked #1. )
    Quote Originally Posted by Bo Darville
    I've been reading for months on Gopherhole how he founded Texas Tech and built it into a university so they could have football, which he invented, and then brought a large storm onto the world and gathered two of each animal, and when that flood debacle was over he invented the taco pizza.

Don't mean to sound a little negative, but something just doesn't feel right with Whitehead. He keeps putting off an official with Minnesota, and it doesn't seem to be a priority at all with him. I think he ends up committing somewhere else before he even gets on Minnesota's campus. It's just a feeling, nothing more.

Quote Originally Posted by GameDay View Post
    Don't mean to sound a little negative, but something just doesn't feel right with Whitehead. He keeps putting off an official with Minnesota, and it doesn't seem to be a priority at all with him. I think he ends up committing somewhere else before he even gets on Minnesota's campus. It's just a feeling, nothing more.
    He doesn't have any officials scheduled yet, does he? Until he starts setting up officials it's hard to say who his priorities are.

11. Default

Last edited by WindyCityGopher; 09-03-2013 at 03:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WindyCityGopher View Post

I like it. Meanwhile others are filling spots and we still need him. He said one of the big parameters was that he wanted to go to a program that really felt they "needed him". Well- we need him.

Quote Originally Posted by bga1 View Post
    I like it. Meanwhile others are filling spots and we still need him. He said one of the big parameters was that he wanted to go to a program that really felt they "needed him". Well- we need him.
    When did he say that? That would definitely help our case.

Quote Originally Posted by MadtownGopher View Post
    When did he say that? That would definitely help our case.
    Don't remember when or where exactly but I definitely remember that as well.

15. Default

What does it mean when it's said by a top recruit? He may think Syracuse 'needs' him.