Page 5 of 37 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by gopherhoopsguy View Post
    I dont see anywhere on those things that minnesota is after these kids??
    by Alex Kline
    Minnesota has reached out to Rector
    On the same day Alex Foster was released from his scholarship, point guard Shane Rector was as well. Minnesota has shown interest in Rector.
    On front page of Minnesota Rivals right now
    http://minnesota.rivals.com/

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyL View Post
    Nobody knows that much
    Johnnyboy (aka "Joe SMH RPI scheduling guy") needs to move on with his life. How long before he makes an offensive "wop" reference towards people of Italian heritage given his "Mafia" reference. People aren't making fat jokes at your expense, Johnnyboy "ahem" Joe E!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyL View Post
    Nobody knows that much
    bingo. JohnnyL you are on board with the maybe that Coach Pitino knows more?
    I think I'm losing my mind, but as long as I don't lose the part that tells me when I haffta pee, I'll be all right..

Howard College forward Cameron Forte posted Monday on his Twitter account (@Smoothiewhatup): "Oh ya and Coach Pitino and his staff got the Job at Minnesota from FIU and carried my offer over!"

The 6-6 Forte, who transferred from Texas Tech, averaged 23 points and eight rebounds in junior college this season. He also previously tweeted that his top choices are Georgia, Long Beach, Colorado State, Pittsburgh and Ole Miss.

pp(foster-heading-elsewhere)
    http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_...ding-elsewhere

5. Default

Just gotta read the board man. Your answers are all here, you just aren't looking for them.

Just to recap potential Spring Recruiting for the 2013-2014 season - subject to change as I think things may happen quickly with new Richard in charge.

4 Scholarships available for 2013-2014 - If they use them - Richard says they would have to be the right fit.

Some possible suspects from the Gopher Hole:

Rakeem Buckles

Highly rated out of HS in 2009. 3 Injury filled years at Louisville. Transferred to FIU for the 2012-2013 season and sat out for transfer year and injury rehab. According to GI Buckles plans to transfer from FIU to Minnesota. Speculation centers around eligibility. If he graduates in Spring some think NCAA will allow him to transfer and play right away - (See Travis Busch to CSU). Also, FIU appears to be headed toward APR penalties (from Isaiah Thomas era) banning them from post season play. NCAA might allow a transfer to play right away at a new school if a School gets that penalty. Buckles would be one and done at Minnesota if he plays in 2013-14. If he has to sit 2013-14 the NCAA possibilities are just too immense to imagine.

Shane Rector

Point guard High School senior 2013 - signed LOI with Rutgers but recently released from LOI. Ryan James says we are interested. Other schools are interested - including Rutgers.

Cameron Forte

Junior College - Small Forward whose stock has been rising lately was being recruited to FIU by Richard Pitino. Forte has tweeted that Pitino has carried over that offer to Minnesota. He has several other high profile schools interested.

Malik Smith

FIU Shooting Guard with some PG skills will ask for and presumably get his release from FIU this week. He has sung the praises of Richard Pitino for teaching him about BB and work ethic. I have seen no direct mention of Minnesota as his destination but he evidently would be eligible right away for his final year of eligibility. Another attractive one and done possibility in terms of scholarships.

Tarik Black

Memphis College Graduate - eligible to transfer and play right away as another one and done. I have seen no direct mention or connection to Minnesota other than he is from Memphis and so are Austin and Andre Hollins. Not sure there is any interest in either direction.

Josh Davis

Power Forward Tulane Graduate - 17ppg and 11rpg - eligible to play right away as another one and done. No mention of any interest either way with Minnesota that I have seen. Both Illinois and Iowa State I believe are in the picture.

Quote Originally Posted by rrjackIII View Post
    Just to recap potential Spring Recruiting for the 2013-2014 season - subject to change as I think things may happen quickly with new Richard in charge.

4 Scholarships available for 2013-2014 - If they use them - Richard says they would have to be the right fit.

Some possible suspects from the Gopher Hole:

Rakeem Buckles

Highly rated out of HS in 2009. 3 Injury filled years at Louisville. Transferred to FIU for the 2012-2013 season and sat out for transfer year and injury rehab. According to GI Buckles plans to transfer from FIU to Minnesota. Speculation centers around eligibility. If he graduates in Spring some think NCAA will allow him to transfer and play right away - (See Travis Busch to CSU). Also, FIU appears to be headed toward APR penalties (from Isaiah Thomas era) banning them from post season play. NCAA might allow a transfer to play right away at a new school if a School gets that penalty. Buckles would be one and done at Minnesota if he plays in 2013-14. If he has to sit 2013-14 the NCAA possibilities are just too immense to imagine.

Shane Rector

Point guard High School senior 2013 - signed LOI with Rutgers but recently released from LOI. Ryan James says we are interested. Other schools are interested - including Rutgers.

Cameron Forte

Junior College - Small Forward whose stock has been rising lately was being recruited to FIU by Richard Pitino. Forte has tweeted that Pitino has carried over that offer to Minnesota. He has several other high profile schools interested.

Malik Smith

FIU Shooting Guard with some PG skills will ask for and presumably get his release from FIU this week. He has sung the praises of Richard Pitino for teaching him about BB and work ethic. I have seen no direct mention of Minnesota as his destination but he evidently would be eligible right away for his final year of eligibility. Another attractive one and done possibility in terms of scholarships.

Tarik Black

Memphis College Graduate - eligible to transfer and play right away as another one and done. I have seen no direct mention or connection to Minnesota other than he is from Memphis and so are Austin and Andre Hollins. Not sure there is any interest in either direction.

Josh Davis

Power Forward Tulane Graduate - 17ppg and 11rpg - eligible to play right away as another one and done. No mention of any interest either way with Minnesota that I have seen. Both Illinois and Iowa State I believe are in the picture.
    Good summary; thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by jamalo View Post
    Good summary; thanks!
    +19

9. Default

What about Ray Taylor? I know that he was Transferring from FAU to FIU this coming year, He is tiny but he does have extremely amazing handles and great court vision. He had some decent numbers of FAU and is a pure point guard.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AQha2SCtV5w

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bask...raymond-taylor

Ray Taylor is already at FIU and sat out the 2012-2013 season as a transfer from FAU. I haven't seen any indication that he is thinking about transferring from FIU --- yet.

11. Default

Quote Originally Posted by jamalo View Post
    Johnnyboy (aka "Joe SMH RPI scheduling guy") needs to move on with his life. How long before he makes an offensive "wop" reference towards people of Italian heritage given his "Mafia" reference. People aren't making fat jokes at your expense, Johnnyboy "ahem" Joe E!!!!
    Yes another great post!

Rector update:
    Ryan James ‏@RyanJamesMN 6m
    Coaches of Recent Rutgers de-commit Shane Rector have heard from Minnesota as well as Georgetown, Pitt, Missouri, and others. #rivals150 PG

13. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Don View Post
    bingo. JohnnyL you are on board with the maybe that Coach Pitino knows more?
    Dr. Don, I appreciate your digs at some of the self-proclaimed recruiting experts. I am willing to give Coach Pitino the benefit of the doubt. He has spent time with some of the best coaching minds in the business. I do wish Ellis was still committed to the U, but I know he asked for his release before Coach P was hired.

Josh Davis

I think pretty much everyone is in the picture for Davis. Not team with an open scholarship would turn him down.

Quote Originally Posted by RoyalGopher View Post
    I think pretty much everyone is in the picture for Davis. Not team with an open scholarship would turn him down.
    I agree Davis should be on everyone's list. I just have not seen any Gopher connection. I have read that Tulane is playing a pretty soft schedule and the infrastructure of New Orleans post Katrina has contributed to Tulane's struggles.

Pitt website mentions 4 schools in the hunt for Davis.

" So, it was no surprise when a website that reports on the University of Pittsburgh athletics, Panthers Sports 24/7, said that they are told that Pitt, Gonzaga, Iowa State, and Illinois are all in the hunt for Davis. Because the former N.C. State transfer graduates Tulane in May, he can transfer again to another school and be eligible immediately. "

http://www.sportsnola.com/sports/spo...usiam-gap.html

Basketball Signing Dates (Regular Period) April 17, 2013 Div. I: May 15, 2013

http://www.ncaa.org/wps/wcm/connect/nli/nli

I agree Davis should be on everyone's list. I just have not seen any Gopher connection. I have read that Tulane is playing a pretty soft schedule and the infrastructure of New Orleans post Katrina has contributed to Tulane's struggles.

Pitt website mentions 4 schools in the hunt for Davis.

" So, it was no surprise when a website that reports on the University of Pittsburgh athletics, Panthers Sports 24/7, said that they are told that Pitt, Gonzaga, Iowa State, and Illinois are all in the hunt for Davis. Because the former N.C. State transfer graduates Tulane in May, he can transfer again to another school and be eligible immediately. "

http://www.sportsnola.com/sports/spo...usiam-gap.html
    I don't think the Pitt source has any credibility really. I think that list has been discredited.

I need to rest after watching his tapes. Rich obviously knows about him. Arizona state has a 5-10 freshman PG w/ similar skills and he has been a pure joy to watch and is credited with saving the Sun Devils from the cellar in the PAC12.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyGopher View Post
    What about Ray Taylor? I know that he was Transferring from FAU to FIU this coming year, He is tiny but he does have extremely amazing handles and great court vision. He had some decent numbers of FAU and is a pure point guard.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AQha2SCtV5w

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bask...raymond-taylor

20. Default

Ryan James ‏@RyanJamesMN 49m
    There were Gopher fans hoping for Tulane's Josh Davis to land here but Illinois, Iowa St, Gonzaga, and Pitt were announced final 4 yesterday