All Things 2013 Basketball Recruiting Thread UPDATED 5/15: Malik Smith a Gopher!

[SUP][/SUP]
Johnnyboy (aka "Joe SMH RPI scheduling guy") needs to move on with his life. How long before he makes an offensive "wop" reference towards people of Italian heritage given his "Mafia" reference. People aren't making fat jokes at your expense, Johnnyboy "ahem" Joe E!!!!

Yes another great post!

Rector update:
Ryan James ‏@RyanJamesMN 6m
Coaches of Recent Rutgers de-commit Shane Rector have heard from Minnesota as well as Georgetown, Pitt, Missouri, and others. #rivals150 PG

bingo. JohnnyL you are on board with the maybe that Coach Pitino knows more?

Dr. Don, I appreciate your digs at some of the self-proclaimed recruiting experts. I am willing to give Coach Pitino the benefit of the doubt. He has spent time with some of the best coaching minds in the business. I do wish Ellis was still committed to the U, but I know he asked for his release before Coach P was hired.

Josh Davis

Power Forward Tulane Graduate - 17ppg and 11rpg - eligible to play right away as another one and done. No mention of any interest either way with Minnesota that I have seen. Both Illinois and Iowa State I believe are in the picture.

I think pretty much everyone is in the picture for Davis. Not team with an open scholarship would turn him down.

I think pretty much everyone is in the picture for Davis. Not team with an open scholarship would turn him down.

I agree Davis should be on everyone's list. I just have not seen any Gopher connection. I have read that Tulane is playing a pretty soft schedule and the infrastructure of New Orleans post Katrina has contributed to Tulane's struggles.

Pitt website mentions 4 schools in the hunt for Davis.

" So, it was no surprise when a website that reports on the University of Pittsburgh athletics, Panthers Sports 24/7, said that they are told that Pitt, Gonzaga, Iowa State, and Illinois are all in the hunt for Davis. Because the former N.C. State transfer graduates Tulane in May, he can transfer again to another school and be eligible immediately. "

http://www.sportsnola.com/sports/sp...t-climate-in-college-hoops-enthusiam-gap.html

I agree Davis should be on everyone's list. I just have not seen any Gopher connection. I have read that Tulane is playing a pretty soft schedule and the infrastructure of New Orleans post Katrina has contributed to Tulane's struggles.

Pitt website mentions 4 schools in the hunt for Davis.

" So, it was no surprise when a website that reports on the University of Pittsburgh athletics, Panthers Sports 24/7, said that they are told that Pitt, Gonzaga, Iowa State, and Illinois are all in the hunt for Davis. Because the former N.C. State transfer graduates Tulane in May, he can transfer again to another school and be eligible immediately. "

http://www.sportsnola.com/sports/sp...t-climate-in-college-hoops-enthusiam-gap.html

I don't think the Pitt source has any credibility really. I think that list has been discredited.

I need to rest after watching his tapes. Rich obviously knows about him. Arizona state has a 5-10 freshman PG w/ similar skills and he has been a pure joy to watch and is credited with saving the Sun Devils from the cellar in the PAC12.
What about Ray Taylor? I know that he was Transferring from FAU to FIU this coming year, He is tiny but he does have extremely amazing handles and great court vision. He had some decent numbers of FAU and is a pure point guard.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AQha2SCtV5w

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/player/_/id/46409/raymond-taylor

Ryan James ‏@RyanJamesMN 49m
There were Gopher fans hoping for Tulane's Josh Davis to land here but Illinois, Iowa St, Gonzaga, and Pitt were announced final 4 yesterday

Purdue Big Jacob Lawson got his release and is transferring to?

Is it just me....does there seem to be more player releases going on right now than ever before??!

Ryan James ‏@RyanJamesMN 49m
There were Gopher fans hoping for Tulane's Josh Davis to land here but Illinois, Iowa St, Gonzaga, and Pitt were announced final 4 yesterday

Announced by who? Again, I think that Pitt report was discredited. Where is Ryan James hearing that was "announced," a Pitt message board? C'mon now.

Discredited by who?

Do you have to credit a message board post in the first place? The list wasn't reported in any reputable source to the best of my knowledge. Davis is visiting NC State, where he started his collegiate years. NC State may be the team to beat for Davis. I don't think there's any merit to that list of 4.

I think I speak for everyone intelligent when I say to move on from Davis. Let's focus on someone we can actually get, like Rector.

Upon further review, I have seen Davis mentioned most in connection with NC State and Pitt. But there hasn't been any true list or report from any source I have any respect for.

Do you have to credit a message board post in the first place? The list wasn't reported in any reputable source to the best of my knowledge. Davis is visiting NC State, where he started his collegiate years. NC State may be the team to beat for Davis. I don't think there's any merit to that list of 4.

Depends on who writes the post. You're saying if Nadine wrote something, it's not credible because it was written on GH?

If you have someone posting under their real name and they're known as a reporter, obviously that has some credibility. But it has been days since this person from the Pitt message board put it out there and literally no one else from any other site or publication has reported the same thing. Even the Pitt people backed off of that list when they heard Davis was visiting NC State. How could it possibly be an accurate list when it seems clear that NC St was heavily involved? It wasn't.

Is it just me....does there seem to be more player releases going on right now than ever before??!

450 of them. More than twice as many as last year. Great indication of the changes in college basketball. Also, great indication that old coaches cannot coach any more since they refuse to kiss the 18-22 old a$$.

Go Gophers

450 of them. More than twice as many as last year. Great indication of the changes in college basketball. Also, great indication that old coaches cannot coach any more since they refuse to kiss the 18-22 old a$$.

I think you've got bad information there. I recall last year getting to up around 450 at one point. I'd guess the transfer numbers have been down this year so far.

Go Gophers

Actually, there have not been as many transfers yet this year as there were last year.

Cameron Forte...

Cameron Forte @Smoothiewhatup 10h
University of Georgia is dope not gonna lie !!
View details ·
Cameron Forte @Smoothiewhatup 14h
Been up since 4am this morning I'm exhausted
View details ·
1 favorite
Cameron Forte @Smoothiewhatup 19h
I really hope Tiger wins the Masters this weekend !
View details ·
1 favorite
Cameron Forte @Smoothiewhatup 1d
“@HeHateMN: @Smoothiewhatup Change of plans, you're heading to Minnesota... MAROON AND GOLD!” Lol in due time
View conversation ·
1 favorite
Just landed in ATL
View details ·
1 favorite
AZ to GA ✈
View details ·
3 and a half hour flight, I'm bout to be K.O.
View details ·
1 favorite
Haven't been to sleep yet !! Gotta be at the airport in two hours
View details ·
Cameron Forte @Smoothiewhatup
https://mobile.twitter.com/Smoothiewhatup?p=s

Sid with another possibility, take it or leave it.

"Jake White, the Chaska alum playing basketball for Wichita State, has apparently asked out of his scholarship following the Shockers’ run to the NCAA Final Four. Maybe he is headed for Minnesota."

where else would he go?

Top Bottom