Anyone heard timetable on the naming of Rich's assistant coaches?

#1gopherbucket fan

Reaction score
Just wodering if anything was mentioned about a timetable for an annoucement on the staff so they can get out recruiting.?

Finding and hiring the right people is not a job to rush into and thru. Take your time, Coach, and get the right help. You know what you want, now go get 'em.

I would imagine we'd have all of the assistants announced by next Friday, quite possibly sooner.

I agree Dr. Don we want the best staff Rich can get. I was just wondering if he mentioned a timetable. I would like him to find coaches that work as hard at recruiting as he is reported to do.

I think he mentioned going to Atlanta. No better place. The NCAA Basketball Championships is a Coaching Convention. He probably has ideas he needs to firm up in person. I would think next week the staff will be announced.

bucket fan, Coach is in Atlanta for Final 4 weekend, and I am sure he is not just sitting poolside sipping margaritas and singing Kumbaya.

He is connecting with gazillions of contacts, and already losing sleep to put his crew together. But this sort of team can not be assembled in a day or two.

bucket fan, Coach is in Atlanta for Final 4 weekend, and I am sure he is not just sitting poolside sipping margaritas and singing Kumbaya.

He is connecting with gazillions of contacts, and already losing sleep to put his crew together. But this sort of team can not be assembled in a day or two.

He also mentioned watching tape this weekend of our current team and possible recruits, which means he brought it with him. No doubt he's working his tail end off this weekend, and it's a great place to do so.

He is expected to bring at least Kimani Young from his current staff.

A little off topic. ... Was Steve Goodson let go along with Tubby, Jirsa, Taylor, Saul, and Esposito, or does he have some other capacity at the U?

Maybe we should ask Souhan, I hear he is in constant contact with Coach P when he is in Atlanta.

Most likely they have no timetable. This means that, by Wednesday or so, we will be placed on High Failure Alert by our local media representatives, who will be irritated at the prospect of investigating some facts in the absence of spoonfeeding. Next will come general panic from the handwringers who tell us that anyone who accepts a head coaching job on two days' notice without having his entire staff lined up must be incompetent. Then, we will be introduced to a staff of young, aggressive gym rats with a blend of contacts in MN and other fertile grounds, and media and handwringers alike will say, "That's what I thought would happen".

Top Bottom