anyone log on yet?

I'm guessing that these are the spots taken by those that are sitting in the club seats, loge boxes, or suites. Those have already been purchased and assigned I believe.

It looks like 18 of the 30 ramps/lots are already full! Why even list these lots as options if they are already booked by the first day of seat selections? The U will have trouble selling all of the $500 donation seats if buyers can't get close parking to go with the big $ donations.

It looks like 18 of the 30 ramps/lots are already full! Why even list these lots as options if they are already booked by the first day of seat selections? The U will have trouble selling all of the $500 donation seats if buyers can't get close parking to go with the big $ donations.

Wow, disappointing. Looks like there won't be much tailgating near the stadium.

Wow!

looks like a bunch of parking lots are blacked out already...

I thought I had a realistic shot at a couple of lots I had been eyeing, but it looks like it's be a ramp or the light rail from the Mall of America for me......

Are we sure there isn't some issue with the website? We're talking a LOT of parking that suddenly isn't available given the fact that you can only purchase 1 parking spot per 4 tickets. Given that this is the first day and that many of the "blacked out" lots are not close to the stadium (Several St. Paul lots are "closed") I'd recommend holding off on judgement...something seems fishy.

Are we sure there isn't some issue with the website? We're talking a LOT of parking that suddenly isn't available given the fact that you can only purchase 1 parking spot per 4 tickets. Given that this is the first day and that many of the "blacked out" lots are not close to the stadium (Several St. Paul lots are "closed"). I'd recommend holding off on judgement...something seems fishy.

Something does look fishy. Why would so many St Paul lots be "full" already? Is Obama running this too?? ;)

not seeing this

Where are you seeing that the lots are blacked out? Either they have fixed it already or I'm looking in the wrong place.

Edit: Never mind, now I see the lots showing 0 spaces. Weird.

Maybe some people will open up there yards for people to park in????

It looks like they only have one West Bank lot and one St Paul lot open. My guess is that these will have to fill up before they open up the other parking ramps. This way, there may be a couple of ramps at the end that no one parks in and they will not have to have people working at them, saving the U money in the process.

Looks like first day selections went for the $500 donation seats overwhelmingly from what I can tell.

In the instructional video, on the seat selection site, the narrator said the lots would be "blacked out" when full. The lots are still color coated, but say zero spots available. I wonder if this is either a glitch, or possibly manual manipulation by the U to fill up certain lots before opening others.

In the instructional video, on the seat selection site, the narrator said the lots would be "blacked out" when full. The lots are still color coated, but say zero spots available. I wonder if this is either a glitch, or possibly manual manipulation by the U to fill up certain lots before opening others.

As was mentioned earlier in the thread, I am guessing they are blocking certain smaller lots until bigger ones fill up to avoid unnecessary staffing.

This may be a silly question but I would like to be certain. After you pay for your parking pass, do you still have to pay an additional rate at the lot each gameday, or does the 1 time up front fee cover your spot for the entire season?

As was mentioned earlier in the thread, I am guessing they are blocking certain smaller lots until bigger ones fill up to avoid unnecessary staffing.

This may be a silly question but I would like to be certain. After you pay for your parking pass, do you still have to pay an additional rate at the lot each gameday, or does the 1 time up front fee cover your spot for the entire season?

You fee covers the season. At least thats how I read things.

I'm pretty sure that the fairgrounds lots will end up being the most fun tailgating on campus--most of the best lots on East/West bank will be filled up with suites, and club seat people. The typical fan will be pushed to St. Paul, which isn't a bad thing. Easier in and out, quick bus ride, lots of room, etc.

Parking Lots

If you go into the system now, there is a message that says

"Parking Lots blacked out are either sold out or being held until demand warrants opening them"

So I guess that answers our question!

If you go into the system now, there is a message that says

"Parking Lots blacked out are either sold out or being held until demand warrants opening them"

So I guess that answers our question!

Yea for whoever called/e-mailed them and suggested the change. Either that or thank you to the GopherSports folks who troll this board for info. :)

Top Bottom