GopherHole.com interviews #1 in the nation - Seantrel Henderson

GopherHole Staff

GopherHole Admin
Staff member
Reaction score

GopherHole.com was able to catch up with the nation's top recruit, Seantrel Henderson today at the Howard Pulley try-outs. Seantrel spoke to GH about a number of the schools he's interested in, the possibility of playing college basketball, and what role his best friend, JD Pride, will play in his choice:

GopherHole goes one-on-one with nation's number one – a Q&A with Seantrel Henderson

great interview. from the sound of it he would really like to be able to play in college with his best friend jd pride. so, let's hope jd accepts the minnesota offer out there for him. that can only improve our chances of landing the "big fish" seantrel.

minnesota loves you seantrel. now please come play for your home state gophers!

Sounds like Seantrel is playing things pretty close to the vest right now, which is a smart move on his part. It'll be interesting to see if USC offers him, because he doesn't sound too hip on the idea of having to fly out for one of their camps.

Obviously, there will be plenty more interviews to come with him in the coming months. We'll just have to see how things play out from here.

Seantral looks like one BAMF. I know all 6' 150 pounds of me wouldn't want to mess with him.

if Brew loses him to another Big Ten team I will be very disappointed.

To do list for Minnesota coaches:

1. Tim Brewster - Get JD Pride.
2. Tubby Smith - start recruiting Seantrel for the basketball team like crazy

does this worry anyone else?

GH: How will his college choice affect yours?

SH: He’s my best friend, so him and I are kind of like the same person; we like a lot of the same things. If there was ever a situation where he and I could attend the same school, I would love that, it would make me feel more comfortable. Going out of town, that would make me feel more comfortable to know that there’s somebody with me out there.

if he's planning on going to the u, he won't be going out of town - and wouldn't need pride, because he'd have his whole support system here.

if he's planning on going to the u, he won't be going out of town - and wouldn't need pride, because he'd have his whole support system here.

yea, noticed the same thing. this kid is gonzo, but i still think Brew will have an amazing in state class

Maybe he just simply meant on road trips, having a buddy with him to hang with. I'm not gonna try to read the kid's mind, I doubt he's made any decision regarding leaving here or not. I really think in the end we'll at least be in his top 3.

Here's the good news!

Maybe he just simply meant on road trips, having a buddy with him to hang with. I'm not gonna try to read the kid's mind, I doubt he's made any decision regarding leaving here or not. I really think in the end we'll at least be in his top 3.

That's a good point. At this point, it's so early to speculate. I don't think Seantrel has any idea where he is going to go - and probably won't, until he takes his visits.

There is some good news. I was able to speak to JD Pride, he was picking up Seantrel from the Pulley tryouts. He seems like he bleeds maroon and gold...and having a best friend that loves the U, is probably more influential than what any coach can tell you!

JD's interview should be up in a few, so you can read more...:)

That's a good point. At this point, it's so early to speculate. I don't think Seantrel has any idea where he is going to go - and probably won't, until he takes his visits.

There is some good news. I was able to speak to JD Pride, he was picking up Seantrel from the Pulley tryouts. He seems like he bleeds maroon and gold...and having a best friend that loves the U, is probably more influential than what any coach can tell you!

JD's interview should be up in a few, so you can read more...:)

That's awesome stuff. I'm never gonna turn down Minny talent, let alone Minny talent that is best friends with THE Minny talent of 2010 lol.

Top Bottom