Archie Miller

Sean Miller's younger bro. Currently head coach at Dayton. Has been an assistant under Matta, Sendek, and Sean.

Per @PMac21: Flip & Norwood were close enough on deal that #Gophers were working on a Monday press conf. Then it went off tracks. Per @PMac21: Norwood/Ellis gave Flip a list of V7 assistants and told him to pick assistants off list. #Gophers

If that's true, wow. That's pretty terrible.

PMac21 = Phil Mackey

Certainly a surprise pick. Hard to imagine he would have much luck landing any of the big 3.

Listening now. It was done in jest to see how fast he could become the #1 candidate. Calm down everyone.

Long time assistant. Second-year head coach without even an NIT win to brag about. Really?

PMac21 = Phil Mackey

Yep, if that's true. That's completely out of line. I kind of doubt it's true, but who knows.

Archie Bunker?! From "All In The Family"?! I always loved Carroll O'Connor. You meat head......

Listening now. It was done in jest to see how fast he could become the #1 candidate. Calm down everyone.

Are you saying we whiffed on Archie FREAKING Miller?

Fire Teague!

PMac21 = Phil Mackey

Wouldn't be shocked if it's true. If so, Teague/Ellis are either very naive or it really was a ploy to try and pleas the boosters. If you want Flip, cut the BS. If you didn't want Flip, put it out there right at the beginning.

Wouldn't be shocked if it's true. If so, Teague/Ellis are either very naive or it really was a ploy to try and pleas the boosters. If you want Flip, cut the BS. If you didn't want Flip, put it out there right at the beginning.

It seems to me that negotiations went bad and this was put out in response to the leaked info about Ryan Saunders, which of course, may or may not have been true.

It seems to me that negotiations went bad and this was put out in response to the leaked info about Ryan Saunders, which of course, may or may not have been true.

Perhaps. But either Flip's camp is leaking false information or that is what happened. Who are you more inclined to believe? I see no reason for them to make this up. If he really just decided he didn't want the job, he could simply say so.

Top Bottom