Andy Katz: Flip DECLINES Gophers job offer

Wikipedia definition says that Nepotism is "favoritism granted to family members REGARDLESS of merit"

emphasis mine.

An EXPANDED definition trumps an abbreviated one.

Sorry.

Not dropping it
You had me laughing pretty good there #1 Duh, EVERYONE knows you won't drop it! (emphasis mine)

You had me laughing pretty good there #1 Duh, EVERYONE knows you won't drop it! (emphasis mine)

Yep, just like Bob, among others, don't seem to want to drop their bashing of Flip and Ryan Saunders. Former Gophers, alumni that love the U.

Along with the other former Gophers who Flip wanted to have on his staff.

Here is another problem we dont talk about very much... The media in this town already hates the gophers.. now they don't hire flip.. whoever takes the job will be savaged from day one ... so more uphill battles for gopher teams and coaches. Good luck to him

Besides the nepotism issue there is another big stumbling block. The Buyout clause in excess of 5M that an NBA team would have to pay the U of M if he decided to leave for the NBA. This was also a show stopper for Flip. The contract was negotiated by someone different than the Joel maturi administration, thank god. There are protections for the University to avoid
perceived conflicts of interest and financial investments made to a 58 year old coach who has stated he loves the NBA......

Besides the nepotism issue there is another big stumbling block. The Buyout clause in excess of 5M that an NBA team would have to pay the U of M if he decided to leave for the NBA. This was also a show stopper for Flip. The contract was negotiated by someone different than the Joel maturi administration, thank god. There are protections for the University to avoid
perceived conflicts of interest and financial investments made to a 58 year old coach who has stated he loves the NBA......

No idea whether the mud you are spreading is true, but in the NBA, it really is about basketball and only basketball. College is about so much more and not everyone is cut out for the father away from home routine of a college coach.

Wonder how many millions Woody will now require in his buyout for a Basketball Coach who isn't named Saunders? If that new and upcoming Coach takes the U to a Final Four or a couple of Elite Eights millions2spare now says there is a precedent set that Duke, Notre Dame, USC etc. will have to send the U 3, 4, 5 million(!) for the right to spirit him away. That would be very nice.

If it were true of course, but remember it's April 1st.

Top Bottom