Andy Katz: Flip DECLINES Gophers job offer

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Katz:

Source: Minnesota offered the job to ESPN analyst/former NBA coach Flip Saunders but he has declined the offer from his alma mater.

Go Gophers!!

If true, I thought he was our fall back plan and we wouldn't go past him on our list. I try not to panic, but now I am a little bit.

Not surprising if him and Tubby were friends.

Broken hearted...........

...........season tickets most likely to be not renewed.

This is getting ugly.

I want a maroon and gold dump truck full of money ready to meet Gregg Marshall after the Shockers are knocked out of the tourney.

If true pretty shocked, thought if he was offered the job it was a done deal.

Uh oh, he was supposed to be our sure thing. I don't like the direction this is going if true.

It is about to get really ugly. The national press will have a ball with this news. Sid's prediction at the Tubby press conference may becoming true. How many will say no before someone says yes.

per Katz:

Source: Minnesota offered the job to ESPN analyst/former NBA coach Flip Saunders but he has declined the offer from his alma mater.

Go Gophers!!

This deosn't seem likely to me unless the offer gave Flip too little control over the situation. It just doesn't seem possible to me that they wouldn't have known long ago where Flip stood. If they actually got turned down by Flip one week in this would make them complete putzes in my view. I don't see Flip wanting to embarass the U at this point- he wants to help. If he was going to turn them down he would have told them long ago - not interested.

Let's wait and see on this one- nothing else we have heard is true so far.

Good news! He can stick with the NBA, which is one step above pro wrestling. Teague will find a good young coach to light a fire under the lead asses in this state!

This sounds like MAJOR trouble unless we can pry Buzz Williams from Marquette, whose team may play on, but we will see this afternoon.

Gotta evaluate this on its face instead of jumping off a cliff.

NT had to talk to Flip either way, whether he got the job or not. The pro-Flip contingent would have hammered him with it every loss if he didn't get a definitive answer.

Methinks NT is wrapping up a contract with his guy in Indy this weekend.

I agree bga; either NT misplayed his hand with Flip (if decline is true) by failing to approach him with an offer earlier in the process, or he misapprehended Flip's interest all along, which sounds rather surprising.

Let's get it together sooner than later guys and please do not hire Mr. Unknown Commodity.

Maybe Flip got a call from Glen Taylor.

Either Flip's ownership group is in line for the team, or Flip will replace David Kahn on April 20th.

My goodness. You guys need to chill out, just a little bit. Teague will find us someone, he's too well-connected not to.

And by chill a little bit, I mean allow me to slip you a Valium.

Sure hope so. NT went to Indy to talk to Flip (allegedly), that says to me he was a whole lot more serious about Flip being the guy than a phone call.

Just like Smart was...
Just like Hoiberg was...
Just like Stevens was...

"smokescreen":rolleyes:

Gotta evaluate this on its face instead of jumping off a cliff.

NT had to talk to Flip either way, whether he got the job or not. The pro-Flip contingent would have hammered him with it every loss if he didn't get a definitive answer.

Methinks NT is wrapping up a contract with his guy in Indy this weekend.

If he's in Indianapolis that means it's either Flip, Izzo, Krzyzewksi, Pitino, or..... Altman!!!

My goodness. You guys need to chill out, just a little bit. Teague will find us someone, he's too well-connected not to.

And by chill a little bit, I mean allow me to slip you a Valium.

He may well find someone good. He needs to find someone that has an immediate impact. We have 3 of the best juniors in the country in the backyard. You need to make a splash hire, the clock is ticking.

Tick. tick. tick.

Or maybe the AD wants too much control over who is going to fill out the staff....

Top Bottom