***OFFICIAL GOPHERS-YALE NCAA TOURNEY IN-GAME THREAD***

Stan

Reaction score
Anything can happen on the sheet of ice, but this is a game we should win. Let's get after it.

Not a great start, apart from having two penalty kills to our name so far. Need to exert some physical dominance.

The Gophers are closing in on being shut down for 4 straight periods of hockey from two sub par teams. 10 straight years now of under achievement in the big tourney. Maybe when they bow out early the U of M will cut Lucia's ties too.

Bad first period. Light a fire under their behinds, Lucia.

Annnnnd we're losing.

Way to go, guys. Pathetic. This is the NCAA TOURNAMENT. Play like it.

I am sick of this team not showing up when the tourney starts. Over rated bunch of bums with an extremely over paid coach. Fire Lucia and get a coach that actually cares about Minnesota hockey. How can you not get fired up for this? Gopher puck live is where all the posters are today but the site is REAL SLOW......bogged down. I can't even log in. I had to laugh because one gopher fan posted the truth. The big players will wrap themselves in bubble wrap because they don't want to get hurt for their NHL career.

Another thing about this game. The Gophers have the #1 power play in the NCAA and Yale is #26 in killing them off...........REALLY???

Another PP opportunity for the Gophers upcoming. Haven't had really any good opportunities on our chances so far.

slow to the puck,sloppy passing, fanning on pucks......these guys are in a total funk. Did they even practice this past week? Must of studied film of the CC loss last week and are trying to outdo themselves.

You're playing worse and worse every day and right now you're playing like it's next month.
Herb Brooks

I can't even recall a good opportunity we've had. Guys didn't get out of bed this morning, atrocious. Simply atrocious.

2-0 Yale.

Time to fire the Don. Most pathetic game I've seen them play in a while. Listless. Hopeless.

*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!# you Gophers.

2-0..........these guys have totally packed it in for the season. FIRE LUCIA immediately after the game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe between periods!!!

"You guys are getting bent over and they're not using Vaseline."
Herb Brooks

Don has never been a good motivator. Even in the title years, always got the feeling it really bothered the guys to lose. Haven't seen a team with that mindset since then.

Gopher teams in recent years have only played hard when they felt like it. Hard to imagine, but I'm not surprised these guys are playing like it really doesn't matter to them. It's been a consistent theme of teams under Lucia's watch.

this is pathetic. we look so flat and now i fear we'll start to press too much. feels like holy cross

this is pathetic. we look so flat and now i fear we'll start to press too much. feels like holy cross

YES, I was thinking the same. The gophs have been rated 1 and 2 all season. This is a major choke job!!!

20 minutes between now and being the biggest disappointment in Minnesota sports this year (that's saying something).

How 'bout you guys start giving a crap and not playing like zombie dumbasses out there?

Fire Don.

I cannot believe how slow the Gophers look today.

2-0 after two and unless some assistant coach rips these guys a new rear end in between periods it's all over.

It's CC all over again. Wonder if you can see the guys yawning through their facemasks if the camera gets a close up.

Bottom line? These guy are lazy as all get out.

Top Bottom