We have huge Junior and Senior classes

Rickman55

Banned
Reaction score
about 30 in each class. I think it's crucial that we bring in kids this year that will be ready to play in 2010. How many Junior College players do you think Brewster will bring in?

If a hole in the 2 deeps appears I think you'll see some JUCO's. And with the success of a couple we've had I think Brew won't pass up a chance of a top JUCO kid. But I think the patch recruiting job is mostly done, our talent is mostly young. So even though the classes are big the hit to the team won't be as severe by comparison. It's actually a huge opportunity to add a lot without losing much. Who do we lose next year out of our projected starters? On offense only Decker. Defense we take a hit with BPT,Lawrence, both starting DT's and Campbell. Anyone else I'm missing? And I think we've got the starting spots covered but maybe not the 2&3 deep.

I think even though we're still thin in the secondary we are still improving, and there's some good talent that may end up there from the freshmen class yet to arrive. LB's we'll be very good i think, and DE looks good too. I guess DT has me most concerned for the future.

In summation while typically a huge graduating class is concern this time it's actually good.

PS It might be my imagination but it seems to me there is a lot less washout with Brewster. I don't remember such big classes as juniors and seniors before.

If a hole in the 2 deeps appears I think you'll see some JUCO's. And with the success of a couple we've had I think Brew won't pass up a chance of a top JUCO kid. But I think the patch recruiting job is mostly done, our talent is mostly young. So even though the classes are big the hit to the team won't be as severe by comparison. It's actually a huge opportunity to add a lot without losing much. Who do we lose next year out of our projected starters? On offense only Decker. Defense we take a hit with BPT,Lawrence, both starting DT's and Campbell. Anyone else I'm missing? And I think we've got the starting spots covered but maybe not the 2&3 deep.

I think even though we're still thin in the secondary we are still improving, and there's some good talent that may end up there from the freshmen class yet to arrive. LB's we'll be very good i think, and DE looks good too. I guess DT has me most concerned for the future.

In summation while typically a huge graduating class is concern this time it's actually good.

PS It might be my imagination but it seems to me there is a lot less washout with Brewster. I don't remember such big classes as juniors and seniors before.

Isn't Sherels a senior? And I suppose you could count Kuznia depending on how much impact he makes this year.

The senior class is huge but the junior class isn't. The junior class only has 15 scholarships. There are walk ons like Royston in there but I don't know where you're coming up with 30 juniors.

http://robb.dominodeveloper.net/robb/gopherroster.nsf/RosterFB

As far as Juco's, I think we'll look at adding a CB, at least one on the DL (more likely DE than DT but we could do both), and depending on how the young LB's look and the health of Maresh we could add a LB. We really don't need anything on offense because we should have adequate depth and quality at every position. If we add a Juco on offense it will probably be because the player is too good to pass up.

From the roster grunk linked it looks like a pretty smooth transition over the next couple of years despite the larger senior class. It seems like a plus to me.

Missed Sherels and Kuznia, two guys I like and think we'll miss.

Top Bottom