Notes from Teague's press conference regarding Tubby Smith firing

Sid of course. Can't you tell from the references to his own column to his incoherent rantings?

Was he also the one who implied him and Jerry were the 4th and 5th options for their jobs?

I wouldn't have a problem with his comments if they were in an article but don't express your opinion in a question to the A.D. Although I doubt he cares what is Star Tribune going to do fire him?

Teague give Tubby an extension based on the body of his work last fall...now the lying weasel says Tubby's body of work was not good enough and this year really did not matter. Well Teague has someone lined up or he is a stupid weasel

A year ago I think it was reasonable to give Tubby the benefit of doubt as to the reasons for our mid-season collapses the prior two seasons. There were injury and transfer problems both years. Plus at that time, there was reason to be optimistic about this year. Under those circumstances, a two year extension, in my opinion. made sense, if for no other reason, to support Tubby's ability to recruit. This year, there were no comparable injury or transfer issues to explain why we suffered yet another mid-season collapse. I think that legitimately raises questions as to Tubby's responsibility for the overall mediocre performance of the program over his six year tenure. And even assuming, arguendo, that Tubby is not at fault, public perception is to the contrary, which adversely affects recruiting, fan support and, ultimately, revenues.

in the works means nothing UNTIL signed. Giving Extension to coach in fall then stabbing him in the Back after best official postseason finish in 20 plus years is the mark of a Weasel. Kudos for Tubby for being man enough not cower down to Teague by resigning and forcing Norwood to stick the dagger in his back
cry-baby.jpg

Well is body of work was good enough last fall for Teague to give him an extension(Do not ignore This FACT) ...This season Gets to the final 32 , Pounds UCLA as an upset victory and then get tossed under the bus

Beating UCLA was NOT an upset victory. Beaten down team, not even close to UCLA standards.

scout why didn't you guys every adjust to the type of players you had? You were athletic and you tried to run a show it down grind it out game?

Please tell me the best part of and offense is to have 5 guys stand in one spot until there was 10 seconds left in the shot clock then run a post up to pick and roll and let other 3 stand there and try and force up a shot and hope your bigs get a rebound put back.

Please tell me scout have you guys in 6 year ever scored a basket on and in bounds play?

Please tell me scout what was your zone offensive game plan?

Scout oh and why did you always double the post who averages 2 points per game with a guard and leave great 3 point shooters open in the on the wing?

Scout tell me why keeps kept leaving your program every year?

scout why did you play OTO so much down the strech?

Scout did you really have a chance at getting the big 3? because i believe a new coach that will adjust to the talent he has would be alot more attractive to these guys!

I hope you can find a new job scout good luck! I really like tubby as a person he ran a clean program he just was over his head in running a offense and the basketball part of his job.

Well any moron knows that UCLA was a higher seed and the Money favorite in Vegas ..sometimes it is better to be quiet than let the world know you are an idiot

Well any moron knows that UCLA was a higher seed and the Money favorite in Vegas ..sometimes it is better to be quiet than let the world know you are an idiot

Oh dear god. The ironing...

You realize the Gophers were the money favorite, right? By like 3 or 4 points. You are quite good at digging yourself a hole. Teague will call you first when he needs construction workers for his practice facility.

I just watched the whole press conference. My god, how does the Star Tribune justify employing Sid? It's embarrassing to see him slur his way through an attempted ripping of the administration and university. I've never seen anything like it. It was so stunning that I was compelled to send an e-mail to the Star Tribune. What is the story with Sid and the Star Tribune? Does he have dirt on someone?

I just watched the whole press conference. My god, how does the Star Tribune justify employing Sid? It's embarrassing to see him slur his way through an attempted ripping of the administration and university. I've never seen anything like it. It was so stunning that I was compelled to send an e-mail to the Star Tribune. What is the story with Sid and the Star Tribune? Does he have dirt on someone?

Honestly? I thought he owned the majority of the Stribe.

Well is body of work was good enough last fall for Teague to give him an extension(Do not ignore This FACT) ...This season Gets to the final 32 , Pounds UCLA as an upset victory and then get tossed under the bus

minny was -3 at tip-off

higher seed but were underdogs in vegas. i know i lost money on them lol...

higher seed but were underdogs in vegas. i know i lost money on them lol...

Why do you have to go and rain on Scout? He already had almost no credibility and you go and ruin it for the last few people who may have read his rantings.

Was he also the one who implied him and Jerry were the 4th and 5th options for their jobs?

Yes, that was Sid also. Teague's response was perfect, and I thought directed squarely at Sid.

Q. What makes you think you can recruit a top guy that you haven't been able to recite a No. 1 guy for years; Jerry Kill was No. 5 on the list, four football coaches turned him down. I don't know what number you were, but I tell you what, this school has not been able to attract top guys. Do you think that you're going to get the guy that UCLA wants or some other top school wants, unless you get your guy from VCU?
NORWOOD TEAGUE: We are going to look for the right fit for the program. Doesn't have to be the candidate that everybody thinks we should get. It's going to be the right fit for our student athletes.
If we live in the past, we are going to get drug down by the fast. We have to look forward and we have to work hard while looking forward and be encouraged by that.

"Q. How much are you aware already that I think this is true there's not a black Big Ten basketball coach or football coach at this point. Does that enter into your thinking? "

What was the point of that question? Is it a not-very-subtle suggestion that there ought to be some number of black coaches? Aren't coaches, like players, placed because of their ability and not their race?

"Q. How much are you aware already that I think this is true there's not a black Big Ten basketball coach or football coach at this point. Does that enter into your thinking? "

What was the point of that question? Is it a not-very-subtle suggestion that there ought to be some number of black coaches? Aren't coaches, like players, placed because of their ability and not their race?

If you can win you can win at the end of the day.

But anyone saying that the race of the coach doesn't have an impact on aspects of the program is crazy.

Top Bottom