Tubby is out...who will be the next coach?

Yeah, it's not like Izzo is 58 or anything.

I believe Izzo was 40 when he started coaching MSU so that might not be a real fair comparison. He has had 18 years to build a program and a reputation.

Does anybody know of an example of a coach that started coaching college at Flip's age and had any real success? I can't think of one but I don't follow this stuff as closely as others.

I'm not saying Flip's age would prevent him from being successful, but it wold definitely be something to take into consideration if you were Norwood Teague.

If it came to Flip, he would do a great job. One of his most important attributes would be his enthusiasm for the job. He's a basketball junkie, and he loves his alma mater. To cook a great burger, you have to love the burger.

I don't know why everyone hates Marc Trestman...he was good enough to get hired by an NFL team as a HC, he's surely good enough for our bottom feeder of a football program.

I don't. I think he would have been a good hire - I was speaking about the general consensus of the football board on this.

Top Bottom