Tubby is out...who will be the next coach?

would suspect either Smart or Flip if there is already a verbal acceptance

Verbally accepted? Holy shnikes! If that's the case, gotta be Flip or Shaka.

My money is on Flip. Would also be happy if it was Jay Wright from Villanova as some are saying in the twitter world.

As much of a pipe dream someone like Flip has been the past few years he is someone who makes a lot of sense right now.

I would welcome Saunders being on the bench at Williams.

It's gotta be Phil Jackson...

But seriously, I would be beyond happy with either Flip or Smart.

It's gotta be Phil Jackson...

But seriously, I would be beyond happy with either Flip or Smart.

He has been looking for a way to stick it to the Lakers. Plus, Andre is as close to MJ as he could possibly get :)

Jay Wright would be a surprising pick, the guy has spent nearly his whole life on the east coast.

If it is Shaka we hit the jackpot. That might be why it appears that things are moving so quickly? Also, could just be Norwood doing damage control and trying to make this a quick break.

I'd sh!t my pants if it was Shaka. I really hope it's not Flip. Sure he was a NBA coach and all, but he hasn't recruited in his life.

Unreal...person has already accepted? That almost seems shady, even if I do like the idea that there was a plan in place. I don't even know what to think right now, I really don't.

If it is Shaka we hit the jackpot. That might be why it appears that things are moving so quickly? Also, could just be Norwood doing damage control and trying to make this a quick break.

Flip or Shaka in my opinion.

Ben Howland? But actually my bet is Coach Smart.

Jay Wright would be a surprising pick, the guy has spent nearly his whole life on the east coast.

Which to me would be a high risk hire. I may be provincial, but regional connections are needed. One reason I would favor Flip over Shaka.

Flip would be a fabulous RECRUITER..and knows EVERY high school coach in the metro area.

Shaka would obviously be awesome too....but I don't see that happening.

Flip or Shaka in my opinion.

I would be most excited on a basketball level for Jay Wright, I think his 4 out offense can work in the Big 10, and it could work with the style of recruits we get here in Minnesota. However, I dont think he has a chance of getting any of the big 3.

Shaka is "cool" enough, and Flip is locally relevant and likely could get some sort of Home Grown mantra going and bring in the flurry of recruits we have coming.

With that said, I prefer Jay, but hope its one of the other two despite how I feel about their systems.

Which to me would be a high risk hire. I may be provincial, but regional connections are needed. One reason I would favor Flip over Shaka.

Shaka's half court offense is worse than Tubby's, I sure hope it's Flip.

I sure hope Teague has already had someone accept. I'm for the firing, but if we fire Tubby without knowing who we're getting, the potential is there for disaster.

Shaka's name is on the UCLA list...I am guessing, if Teague wants him, he needed to nail him now.

I'd love the Shaka hire.
I'd be cool with Jay Wright.
I'd loathe the Flip hire.

Welcome Flip Saunders aboard!

Dan Barreiro ‏@DanBarreiroKFAN If there is indeed already a verbal agreement in place for replacement, it is NOT Flip Saunders

Shaka's half court offense is worse than Tubby's, I sure hope it's Flip.

The difference is in Shaka's offense they played with confidence and looked like they knew what they were doing.

I have said all along Shaka and Tubby are X's and O's very similar. Shaka may be a better recruiter, motivator, is younger, etc.

As said on 1500. If an agreement is already in place, it has to be a coach that is either done playing or doesn't currently have a job.

Top Bottom