Tubby will be fired this morning...

Update - one of my sources (who has been very reliable) close to the program just confirmed with me the same thing. He/she said Tubby is already out. And don't ask me who it is, seriously. Believe me or not, that's what I just heard.

Not that it makes a difference, but I have a friend within the athletic department. He is not a source of any inside information, he really does not know anything much sooner than most of us. I texted him and he confirmed, it's not even really a secret within the athletic department. He's gone.

Maybe he's just hearing the same rumors, I have no idea. But it sounds like it's a done deal and it's not a real closely held secret around the Athletic Department.

100% lock. It Tubby retires today (buyout) or is fired, the next coach is announced shortly thereafter. Has to.. and the only logical response is that its a big name (local or not).

Appropriate time line:

1. Terminate Tubby within 48 hours
2. Announce Flip Saunders as Head Coach within 72 hours
3. Flip schedules group meeting with Tyus, Rashad, Reid & Jalil
4. Announce Fundraising efforts for new Practice Facility within 1 week
5. Release blueprints for new Practice Facility within 1 month
6. Pop the champagne

All hypothetical of course. :)

Honestly, though, if the move is going to be made, this isn't too far off from what I'd expect to see. Otherwise don't make the move. If anything approaching this happens, this would be a giant step forward. Status quo would keep the natives restless for another YEAR.

Update - one of my sources (who has been very reliable) close to the program just confirmed with me the same thing. He/she said Tubby is already out. And don't ask me who it is, seriously. Believe me or not, that's what I just heard.

I knew he was being truthful! BTW guys, he could be fired in the morning and then we are notified in the afternoon.

Appropriate time line:

1. Terminate Tubby within 48 hours
2. Announce Flip Saunders as Head Coach within 72 hours
3. Flip schedules group meeting with Tyus, Rashad, Reid & Jalil
4. Announce Fundraising efforts for new Practice Facility within 1 week
5. Release blueprints for new Practice Facility within 1 month
6. Pop the champagne

All hypothetical of course. :)

The only thing that would make it more perfect is if Sanford repelled in during the press conference under a shower of hundred dollar bills while this song plays.

Not sure how I feel about this, but I guess this is when you trust in the AD. Hopefully we won't get our breaking news from Michelle Tafoya who saw Teague on a flight to Richmond with double connections in Detroit and Atlanta using frequent flier miles.

Wow! I had mixed emotions this morning, but now I'm fully on board with Tubby's termination (if it's true). I hope Flip is announced as the next coach at 3pm.

For all we know, maybe all this bruhaha is about Pam Borton being let go?

100% lock. It Tubby retires today (buyout) or is fired, the next coach is announced shortly thereafter. Has to.. and the only logical response is that its a big name (local or not).

Rouser, the problem with this "lock" is that we are dealing with the University of Minnesota! Your lock makes perfect sense to us, but we are talking about a bureaucracy that makes the Byzantine's look organized and straight forward.

Rouser, the problem with this "lock" is that we are dealing with the University of Minnesota! Your lock makes perfect sense to us, but we are talking about a bureaucracy that makes the Byzantine's look organized and straight forward.

Maybe there is hope with the new regime?

Is there any chance the deal with Flip was consummated a month and a half ago, thus the increased exposure since then?

Is there any chance the deal with Flip was consummated a month and a half ago, thus the increased exposure since then?

GW has been pushing that the Shaka chances are better than many expect. I'd keep an eye in that as well. Gotta believe Norwood and Shaka have spoken once or twice as friends during the season.

If he gives Mbakwe a 2% chance and it happens, imagine how likely a greater than 2% chance is! (Sorry GW, had to do it)

For all we know, maybe all this bruhaha is about Pam Borton being let go?

Woody needs to reveal his plan quickly. Either pull the trigger/Tubby retires or announce that Tubby is hanging around.

Just wanted to say thanks to the OP of this thread for sharing their info. Lots of haters on this board.

If you all want sources from your news, maybe you should just stick to reading the newspaper.

It is possible, it may be possibly Tubby is retiring or simply feel it is time to move on...

Personally do not hold the Florida loss against Tubby since they shot so poorly and Florida shot so well in the first half, but they did play horribly during the B1G season and did not look like a team at all.

I guess given the way a few of these posts are going, we should know this afternoon if true. If not, then a few sources should be in serious question.

If this rumor is true (which it sounds like it very well could be). Then this takes balls from Teague. If he is to pull this off he needs to have a coach named within the week. If we lose Andre because of this, it is not going to be easy to recover quickly. We need to make this quick and keep the players happy.

Be certain to hug a Parski and a Johnnyboy today if the rumor is true!!!

Top Bottom