Tubby will be fired this morning...

Maybe just "a guy I know in the athletic department." So far we haven't even got that.

Without a name adding that doesn't make it any more believable. He could have added it to his first post and you would still have plenty of people calling bs.

If he were to be fired this morning, Teague better have a coach already lined up and some good news coming about a practice facility. Otherwise it could turn into a huge disaster.

Without a name adding that doesn't make it any more believable. He could have added it to his first post and you would still have plenty of people calling bs.

Maybe for you. I'd feel a little more trusting if there was a source attributed - "a guy within the athletic department" is different from "someone close to the athletic department" is different from "my 8-year-old daughter." Right now it could be any of those, or none of those. We just don't know.

What can he really say? He's not going to be able link to anything if he heard something it was word of mouth.

Judge the credibility of the poster and make your own decision.

Ozzy has been here since 2008 and has made ~160 posts. I don't see him as the kind of guy to play the super long game to troll Tubby.

Agreed. Maybe he's right or wrong, but he's sharing info he heard. What's the harm? And why would you expect to him to give up his source? This guy is not a troll.

Why wait? Woody has had lots of time to work his way through the process of firing Tubby. He should have had Plan A and Plan B ready to implement depending on how the Goph's fared in the tourney.

My feel is if he doesn't pull the trigger in the next two or three days, Tubby will be around next season. Belch!

Maybe for you. I'd feel a little more trusting if there was a source attributed - "a guy within the athletic department" is different from "someone close to the athletic department" is different from "my 8-year-old daughter." Right now it could be any of those, or none of those. We just don't know.

I get what you're saying but without someone putting their name to the rumor/report we are forced to evaluate the credibility of the poster.

It might as well be his 2nd cousin once removed heard it from a coworker if there isn't someone with cachet or a proven track record in the media backing it.

I get what you're saying but without someone putting their name to the rumor/report we are forced to evaluate the credibility of the poster.

It might as well be his 2nd cousin once removed heard it from a coworker if there isn't someone with cachet or a proven track record in the media backing it.

I think the media has proven their sources arent very good either.

What can he really say? He's not going to be able link to anything if he heard something it was word of mouth.

Judge the credibility of the poster and make your own decision.

Ozzy has been here since 2008 and has made ~160 posts. I don't see him as the kind of guy to play the super long game to troll Tubby.

Great post. And yes, it's not like it's someone that signed up for the board yesterday or some troll. Is he correct? He could be. But this is a message board, it's a place for people to come and share their thoughts and what they hear. I think we're all on pins and needles this morning, and if this is news rather than a rumor, appreciate him/her for sharing it.

And yes, I love the "source" question -if you gave up your sources, you wouldn't have them.

When Bleed supplies a link of a tweet from Doogie, then things might be credible.

Great post. And yes, it's not like it's someone that signed up for the board yesterday or some troll. Is he correct? He could be. But this is a message board, it's a place for people to come and share their thoughts and what they hear. I think we're all on pins and needles this morning, and if this is news rather than a rumor, appreciate him/her for sharing it.

And yes, I love the "source" question -if you gave up your sources, you wouldn't have them.
I don't need the Guy to name or describe his source, would just like him to say it isn't his opinion.... a lot of useless threads pop up on here especially after a gopher loss... trying to sort through the fog....

A simple "scources are telling me" would be suffice...

Good Post. I searched this guys past posts and he is not a troll! And if he is making it up (which I don't believe is the case) it's not like he is going out on a limb. I think that Teague has to have a quick resolution to this and as far as the replacement is will be Flip and it will happen soon! IMO

I don't need the Guy to name or describe his source, would just like him to say it isn't his opinion.... a lot of useless threads pop up on here especially after a gopher loss... trying to sort through the fog....

A simple "scources are telling me" would be suffice...

Doesn't saying "have heard" indicate he's hearing it from a third party? I thought that was obvious from the language of his post.

'this morning' ends in 59 minutes.. so should this thread.

( and so will my clicking 'refresh' over on espn.com )

Any flights scheduled from Richmond to Minneapolis? GW?

Update - one of my sources (who has been very reliable) close to the program just confirmed with me the same thing. He/she said Tubby is already out. And don't ask me who it is, seriously. Believe me or not, that's what I just heard.

Not to be "that guy" but we are quickly running out of morning.

If Tubby is having a 11:00 meeting with Teague- for example, we wouldn't know the results of that meeting until this afternoon. If there is anything to this- on one is going to be calling a presser until Tubby has been spoken to and the team has been informed.

Update - one of my sources (who has been very reliable) close to the program just confirmed with me the same thing. He/she said Tubby is already out. And don't ask me who it is, seriously. Believe me or not, that's what I just heard.

Thanks Nadine...I KNEW you would scoop this! You're the best!!

This has suddenly become a little more believable now. Thanks GL.

Thanks GL.

Appropriate time line:

1. Terminate Tubby within 48 hours
2. Announce Flip Saunders as Head Coach within 72 hours
3. Flip schedules group meeting with Tyus, Rashad, Reid & Jalil
4. Announce Fundraising efforts for new Practice Facility within 1 week
5. Release blueprints for new Practice Facility within 1 month
6. Pop the champagne

All hypothetical of course. :)

Let's all guess! I bet Nadine's source is ... drumroll ... PATRICK REUSSE!

(Yeah, this wouldn't surprise me, but it would make me sad. I like Tubby. I wish they'd have just fired an assistant or two.)

Not to be "that guy" but we are quickly running out of morning.

FTB, you are always "That Guy!" Seems very strange that there is no confirmation of a press conference two hours after the source announced it.

Whether or not you agree with the decision it takes balls of steel to fire a coach with the pedigree Tubby has.

Decision made this quickly has to indicate someone is willing to step right in and is available. Most of the top assistants are still probably playing in the NCAAs.

Top Bottom