Tubby will be fired this morning...

A single booster covering the entire 2.5 million would suggest to me that we are hiring someone exciting.

Relevant

money-o.gif

+1

No way someone cuts a check like that to hire some chump. At least I hope not...

True dat. Whoever cut the check probably put in for the new coach too. Also it's being reported the total cost is more in the 3 mill range. Someone likes gopher basketball.

Bad move and this could turn out like the Mason situation. I said before the tournament that the loser of the UCLA vs. Minn game would be fired but I didn't expect both too. I've sat back and read about FIRE TUBBY messages after all the games loss this year. To those who were ready to jump off the TUbby bandwagon, what ever else happens I hope you can accept it because its what you asked for and you got it... I don't think it was a good move and Tubby was just starting to get Minnesota in the right direction.

You do understand that Tubby was 20-34 in the B1G the last three seasons, that's an earth shattering 37% win rate, it couldn't get that much worse, if going 10-2 against cupcakes in non conference is your goal then maybe it was a mistake.

Has anyone counted out Ben Howland yet? Not that he is my first choice or that I would agree with the hire, but it would seem like a very Minnesota-thing to do by hiring him.

+1

No way someone cuts a check like that to hire some chump. At least I hope not...

I hope he matches it with downpayment on a practice facility without his name on it.

I have a sick feeling that this will blow up somehow. Oral agreements over urinals can get dismissed quickly.

Bad move and this could turn out like the Mason situation. I said before the tournament that the loser of the UCLA vs. Minn game would be fired but I didn't expect both too. I've sat back and read about FIRE TUBBY messages after all the games loss this year. To those who were ready to jump off the TUbby bandwagon, what ever else happens I hope you can accept it because its what you asked for and you got it... I don't think it was a good move and Tubby was just starting to get Minnesota in the right direction.

All due respect... But the buckeyes have had a lot of success in football and basketball in recent years. I would like to know what you would think of your coaches if tOSU had no B10 championships in FB and BB in ages. Also, Tubby did not have the program going in a positive direction, It has flatlined for sometime now.

"The right direction" was suppposed to culminate with this season, and we were the #9 seed in the Big Ten tournament. The two years before that we were 10th, and 9th. Not good for years 4-6.

Has anyone counted out Ben Howland yet? Not that he is my first choice, but it would seem like a very Minnesota-thing to do by hiring him.

Please no. For no other reason than I don't want to see the s***storm from the local media about the guy Tubby beat getting the job.

Remember that re-tweets are not endorsements. Some guys will retweet anything.

While I agree with you.. but.... Al Nolen @Al_Nolen: Let give a S/O@MrSuperSmitty

How can you endorse something so childish even if you didn't like the guy yourself?

I heard that myself, but I wasn't sure if I heard it right.

If true, that means we can afford the $ to buyout Borton.

That would ensure it happening...now can they write a check for the practice facility?

I hope Ozzie and Ray doesn't get into any trouble due to tipping off this story.

I like Tubby Smith. He's a gentleman and seemed a very nice person the two times I met him. Big time basketball coaching is not about gentlemanliness it's about X's & O's and W's & L's and recruiting. Tubby's record stunk to high heaven. This year was the worst of all. This was supposed to be our chance and we lost most of the B1G games we should have won. We looked boring doing it and we don't seem to have a good chance with upcoming local highly rated prospects. however you measure it, the decision was the right one.

Top Bottom