***OFFICIAL GOPHERS-FLORIDA NCAA TOURNEY IN-GAME THREAD***

Sad to see Mbakwe and Williams play their last game as Gophers.

If Woody is a professional, he better have a firm position by tomorrow morning.

We have a slim shot with those guys anyway, regardless of whether Tubby is here or not imo.

I was a Tubby supporter until this season. He has shown that one way or another the game has passed him by. Whether its his stubbornness but this has been one of the most mismanaged teams I've ever watched and that is coaching Time to move on.

Farewell seniors, and best wishes. Sincere thanks.

I was a Tubby supporter until this season. He has shown that one way or another the game has passed him by. Whether its his stubbornness but this has been one of the most mismanaged teams I've ever watched and that is coaching Time to move on.

This is my feeling as well. Gave him the benefit of the doubt with injuries and transfers over the past few years. But there was no excuse for how this season panned out. Neither he nor the team did a good enough job.

+100, they both will be remembered, Mbakwe has to be considered one of a dozen of the best gopher rebounders, but you cannot forget his off the court stuff either. Rodney, 1000 point scorer and 500 rebound guy also arguably the best dunker we have ever had.(and one of the most frustating For all 4 seniors hope they got their degrees and when they look back at their time here I hope it is positive memory and if they are fortunate enough to be successful in life give back to their school in whatever way they can.

Sad to see Mbakwe and Williams play their last game as Gophers.

In hindsight, this season will only seem worse.

What a missed opportunity.

It's right up there with the 2003 football team.

His recruiting to me is more of a issue than nitpicking his coaching. You win with players and good players can shoot. It can't for the most part be coached. And this was such an athletic team stuff is bs, then why can't they keep quick players out of the lane or cover the three?

Here's to looking forward to next years team.
Many thanks to all the seniors!!!

+1. Very sad for me too! I will certainly miss watching them in Maroon & Gold!

Ingram and Welch too. They have 2 years of their lives playing basketball for this university. I give them nothing but thanks for that.

Dre Hollins is incredible too. Can't ever show enough appreciation for him. Austin as well. It is such a shame they didn't get more success on the court.

So when you look at the starting players the Gophers got out scoured 64-60 by Florida's starters. Now with the bench players the gophers got out scored 14-4. That played large.

What conferences are the three refs Richard Crawford, Terry Wymer, Ray Natili from?

Wish Trevor and Rodney well. The only pkayer leving that we will struggle to replace is Trevor.

He plays hard every day. That will be missed.
Wish the same could be said for Rodney.

Specifically, on the basketball court, if Rodney had as much heart and passion as Trevor I think this team would have easily been top-10 this year. Just too many times when Rodney took the Randy Moss route to playing the game. When Rodney was moving his feet and working hard, this team was a very different team than the one we too often witnessed in the second half of this season.

So when you look at the starting players the Gophers got out scoured 64-60 by Florida's starters. Now with the bench players the gophers got out scored 14-4. That played large.

What conferences are the three refs Richard Crawford, Terry Wymer, Ray Natili from?

Crawford - Conference USA and Big 12
Wymer - Big Ten and MAC
Natili - ACC and Sun Belt

Specifically, on the basketball court, if Rodney had as much heart and passion as Trevor I think this team would have easily been top-10 this year. Just too many times when Rodney took the Randy Moss route to playing the game. When Rodney was moving his feet and working hard, this team was a very different team than the one we too often witnessed in the second half of this season.

I think comparing Rodney Williams to Randy Moss is pretty low but that's just me.

Rodney didn't have the basketball skills, but he didn't give up.

I think comparing Rodney Williams to Randy Moss is pretty low but that's just me.

Rodney didn't have the basketball skills, but he didn't give up.
+ 2 Rodney seems like a good kid who did his best.

+ 2 Rodney seems like a good kid who did his best.

Rodney and Royce came here. Rodney did everything asked of him and kept his nose clean. He underachieved at times but certainly was not like randy moss. Royce was more like randy moss.

The difference is Moss quit at times because he is selfish. I think Williams biggest problem is he is too unselfish and just doesn't take control sometimes.

Top Bottom