seats already selected?

Maverick

Reaction score
I was perusing the seat selection website today and noticed that many seats are already showing up as selected. for example...section 135, row 33, seat 1 shows as selected. Also many seats in section 140 already say selected.

All my information tells me that the seat selection process is supposed to start on Monday, March 30th.

Have they actually started selections already or do you think this is just part of final testing the site?

I was perusing the seat selection website today and noticed that many seats are already showing up as selected. for example...section 135, row 33, seat 1 shows as selected. Also many seats in section 140 already say selected.

All my information tells me that the seat selection process is supposed to start on Monday, March 30th.

Have they actually started selections already or do you think this is just part of final testing the site?

Maybe it is like the first pick of the draft, you can sign the pick before it starts.

I did notice this as well, and I am sure it has more to do with Money than anything else.

The seats in 140 are probably staff.

Perhaps, but in the mailing the spots blocked for Athletic Dept use were in sections 139, 140 (front rows), 143, 144, 145, 146, 245, and 246.

Early seat selection

Sorry this is a little late, but I heard Maturi on the radio on Monday morning and the subject of seats being blocked out before the selection process started came up. He stated that this was due to two factors:

1) Corporate donors like TCF, DQ, etc., have a right under their contracts with the U to certain numbers of seats and those seats were selected prior to the start of the season ticket seat selection; and

2) Some of the season ticket holders with the most points were allowed to select seats in advance of the official opening so that they could test out the system and make sure that it was working properly before the regular process started.

Top Bottom