TCF Parking donations

Reaction score
Question here: I know at one point there was speculation that for one to reach the $1000 donation, for example, 4 season tickets @ $275 would total to more than $1000 and would therefore qualify me for the Zone 2 (blue lot) parking privileges. Is this still the case. It doesn't seem likely to me, but it would be great if true. On the other hand, do they require the $1000 donation above and beyond the ticket prices (ie. premium seats or other donations). I tried calling the Gopher Points office today but they are closed on Saturdays. Any help here is appreciated.

The price of a ticket does not count towards giving, it has to be money beyond the the ticket price.

Yep, that's correct. However, the donation you pay in order to get tickets inside the 20 yard lines can be counted towards the $1000 or $2500 parking requirement.

On a side note...who is going to fork out that kind of dough for parking? Last year basically the only tailgating lots were through the Goal Line Club and the Maroon lot was at times only half full for tailgating and I would put at least 1/4 of the people parking never tailgated just parked.

Yep, that's correct. However, the donation you pay in order to get tickets inside the 20 yard lines can be counted towards the $1000 or $2500 parking requirement.

On a side note...who is going to fork out that kind of dough for parking? Last year basically the only tailgating lots were through the Goal Line Club and the Maroon lot was at times only half full for tailgating and I would put at least 1/4 of the people parking never tailgated just parked.

The thing that everyone seems to forget is that the Zone 1 parking spots are also given out free to premium seat holders and that preferred seat holders with 2-4 tickets will likely have given enough in donations (or are so close that they'll pony up the rest) to get into Zone 2.

this blows

i know this has been posted before, but where are most of us supposed to go if we want to tailgate? Heck, there won't even be a space in a ramp anywhere nearby for those who don't have a parking pass. I sure hope that something opens up, like the rec fields or anything else like that where someone can show up early in the morning if needed, claim a space, and have a chance to tailgate on campus and enjoy the experience.

I pray everyday for this...

i know this has been posted before, but where are most of us supposed to go if we want to tailgate? Heck, there won't even be a space in a ramp anywhere nearby for those who don't have a parking pass. I sure hope that something opens up, like the rec fields or anything else like that where someone can show up early in the morning if needed, claim a space, and have a chance to tailgate on campus and enjoy the experience.

THEY BETTER HAVE A SOLID PLAN FOR TAILGATING. second most important thing behind the game, and the game is way better if excitement is built up throughout a solid day of tailgating. it is so important to the gameday atmosphere and a vital part of the college football experience.

THEY BETTER HAVE A SOLID PLAN FOR TAILGATING. second most important thing behind the game, and the game is way better if excitement is built up throughout a solid day of tailgating. it is so important to the gameday atmosphere and a vital part of the college football experience.

Hate to break it to you, but the U does have a plan for tailgating (its up to you to decide if you think its solid or not). Tailgating is allowed on EB/WB/and STP. Most of us will end up at STP...it is what it is. The U isn't going to open up to rec fields (at least not this season). Disagree with that decision if you'd like, but that’s the plan. There are several good ideas that have been floated which are not part of the U’s plan; most of them relating to using interior green spaces/streets on the EB for an Ol’ Miss/Vanderbuilt style tailgating atmosphere.

If we all feel so strongly about it then I recommend we organize an e-mail campaign this fall. I don’t think the plan for Year 1 is set in stone. Hopefully the U will adapt and improve the plan/policies and a well organized campaign of good suggestions might help make changes.

I’ve said it before, a big issue is the City’s apparent refusal to allow tailgating in private lots. It’s not like there’s that much extra parking near campus, but it would allow for per game tailgating closer to the stadium (an option I think many would choose).

I agree that tailgating is an important part of the gameday atmosphere. But at some point we all have to come to grips with the fact that the economics of the situation mean most true tailgaters will not be doing so near the stadium. It's up to us to stop bitching and create a great atmosphere, be it on EB, WB, or STP.

Something to keep in mind...even if we "average fans" had been able to tailgate near TCF, that option is not going to be around long term. When the East Gateway Development gets rolling most of the surface lots near the stadium will be replaced by academic buildings and the parking demand will be handled by 3 new ramps. Can you imagine the uproar if people who had tailgated next to the stadium for a few years had to give it up?

St Paul campus. That's the only spot where "day of" permits will be sold. It's where the majority of tailgating fans will end up and its where the true tailgating atmosphere will be.

Top Bottom