Open Letter To Coach Brew & Staff:

Skage

Reaction score
To Coach Brewster and Football Staff:

As a long suffering Gopher Football fan, I just wanted to express my appreciation for the tireless effort you have demonstrated in rebuilding the Gopher Football Program. The positive attitude you display, the quality of recruits you have attracted, your embrace of Minnesota High School Football players and coaches, the high expectations you've set by which success will be measured, your approachable nature, and that you put up with the negativism and cynicism that is all too common among Minnesota sports fans has earned a lot of respect in my book.

I know the vast majority of fans here on Gopherhole feel similarly, but I think it is something we just need to say every once in a while.

Keep up the good work. I'm looking forward to the day the negative fans will have to eat their words.

Thanks again.

Good post. It often gets lost in the cynicism which has been beaten into us but the bottom line is we have a coach that is passionate about the program, is not afraid of our past, is not afraid to raise expectations, will literally play anyone anywhere, has changed the tone of local recruiting almost overnight, is in the living rooms of national recruits that wouldn't take our calls just a few years ago and has relentless energy.

Things are just fine at Gibson-Nagurski.

Go Gophers!!

Can't really improve on that sentiment so I'll just go on record as being in complete agreement as well.

Absolutely!! Coach Brew, you have done a tremendous job in my book, keep up the great work!! Can't wait until the team can take the field at TCF and take care of business!!:party::party:

I agree, Brewster has been tireless.

What I also like about Brew is his willingness to admit he made a mistake and the flexibility in his system. After the first year there is no doubt in my mind he knew he had the wrong guy at DC and encouraged Withers to leave. After year two he knew the spread was not the way to go and Dunbar left and he changed his philosophy. He also knew he had the wrong OL coach and made an adjustment immediately.

All these are signs of a guy who understands what it will take to make Minnesota great and he has the flexibility in his thinking to change. Those are all wonderful qualities for a HC, in my opinion.

Heck of a post. Big ups to Coach Brew

Top Bottom