Epic women's hockey win over UND in 3 OTs

BleedGopher

Reaction score
I haven't watched a second all season, but I did just watch the 3rd period and all three OTs online. Amazing game, 118 minutes worth of hockey. Great win for the ladies and the streak remains alive! I can't imagine how bad the attendance would have been at Ridder next weekend if the Gophers weren't in the Frozen Four, but fortunately we are.

Go Gophers!!

And who says its tough to beat a team six times in a season? :cool:

That was a straight up marathon contest. By about the midway point of the second overtime, I started wondering what it was going to take for either team to get the win. But I really felt like the Gophers outplayed No Dak more and more as the overtimes went on, mostly because of the team's depth. Both squads looked completely exhausted for large portions of the extra sessions. Even with all that, from about the end of the second period on, I felt like the Gophers began to take control more and more. Still, major major props to North Dakota for their effort today! Great job by coach Idalski and his team.

As for the U? How about 47 straight wins, a 39-0 record and a chance to repeat as national champs next weekend?! :clap:

Great win! Anybody catch the UND player cross check our player after she scored the game winner? Wouldn't expect anything else from the most classless hockey program in America. Its at 0:56 of the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlZXY1R-L0Q

You can really see it at the 1:10 mark or so. The girl that did it is only a freshman so she should get suspended for a game to start the season next year.

Congrats to the Gophers, amazing run.

That was dirty. Huge win. I left after the first overtime to watch the men's game, too bad I missed the winner. Feels great for the Gophs to end the traitorous Lamorieux sisters' careers and make them go out losing to their former team 6 times in one year.

Let's take the title next weekend.

You can really see it at the 1:10 mark or so. The girl that did it is only a freshman so she should get suspended for a game to start the season next year.

Congrats to the Gophers, amazing run.

Yeah, that was dirty as heck. Typical UND response to getting defeated. That's just how they roll; get beat and try to injure somebody. Still, a nice win for the ladies. North Dakota also played very well. Too bad #4 couldn't just accept being beaten by a better team and skated away gracefully.

Yeah, that was dirty as heck. Typical UND response to getting defeated. That's just how they roll; get beat and try to injure somebody. Still, a nice win for the ladies. North Dakota also played very well. Too bad #4 couldn't just accept being beaten by a better team and skated away gracefully.

#4 is from Inver Grove Hts. Must not have gotten a gopher offer

If I'm one of the Gopher girls returning next year, I put that cheap shot totally out of my mind because focusing on the Frozen Four is obviously most important. Then, after this season is over, I circle every UND game on the calendar and write a big #4 on it to remember exactly who I'm going after.

I would guess that's almost a certainty. It should also be noted she's done this before apparently. If you watch the highlights of the Gophers' win over North Dakota in the WCHA title game, after the first goal she tried to hook Maryanne Menefee up around the neck area. She's just a hack and a cheap-shot artist. Like I said earlier, she fits right in with the rest of the fighting whatevers up in Grand Forks.

Wow did that girl ever hack our Gopher from behind - play was way over. Then skating away she even stares her down!

At least now that she is eliminated, she has some time to make her tee times and dust her golf clubs off. Enjoy the off-season North Dakota, our games this weekend will be streaming on NCAA.com if you want to watch winners play.

I am looking for 3 tickets to this weekends womens frozen four. This is a TOUGH ticket. The other teams didn't return any tickets and there is bascially no secondary market. I wonder what the scalpers situation will be like on Friday/Sunday.

I guess I took it for granted that there would be tickets available. I looked on Craigslist and Stubhub, but all I found was a ticket to Friday's semifinal game. I don't know what to expect out of scalpers the day of the game. A chance at an undefeated season has really raised interest in Gopher hockey this year.

Man, I remember the day I looked up ticket info, way back in January I think it was, and simply because I didn't know exactly what kind of tickets I wanted, I procrastinated. Frigging dumbash, if I was really as smart as I'd like to think I am sometimes, I would have bought every kind of ticket I could have possibly wanted, and then just sold the ones I didn't end up needing come tourney time, to some Gopher fan here at the GH that was in desperate need. Now I'm again trying to decide whether to try to spend lots of money to get in, or just watch from the comfort of my home. Man, such an idiot sometimes, lol.

As of now there is no tv for the games. None. The *&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#ty cheap big ten network might pick up the title game but I doubt it.

As of now there is no tv for the games. None. The *&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#ty cheap big ten network might pick up the title game but I doubt it.

I think NCAA will stream all of the games online. I am having some friends over, ordering pizza, and marathoning through girls hockey, boys hockey, and NCAA basketball tournament on Friday night.

I may take my chances on getting a ticket for the championship game from a scalper. It's sold out, but I'm not seeing any tickets on any of the ticket sites or on Craigslist.

I may take my chances on getting a ticket for the championship game from a scalper. It's sold out, but I'm not seeing any tickets on any of the ticket sites or on Craigslist.

The smart play would've been to stand outside with the scalpers after the first game and try to buy from a BC fan. There were plenty of scalpers outside yesterday, so I think you'll be able to get tickets, but my guess is there will be a big markup.

Top Bottom