A short conversation with Nathan Rose

husker70

Reaction score
I was at the Vet Clinic today, and Nathan came in. I congratualted him, asked if he was getting recruiting offers. He told me he had one from Iowa State. When I asked about Minnesota he said Coach Robinson cannot offer him till June. He would love to wrestle at home but failing that he has NCAA Championship intentions. He is a two time State Champion and is undefeated as a Junior. He is looking at Penn State, Oklahoma State. Come on Coach, I can give you directions for a home visit.

I am happy to announce Nathan Rose has given his verbal commitment to Jay Robinson and Our Golden Gophers! They went out to dinner with Jay and he offered. Nathan tried to play it cool, but he called Coach Robinson back two days later. He cannot sign yet, but his MOM says he wants to wrestle around friends and family. This kid is possibly the best athlete from these parts and that takes in a lot of territory.

http://theguillotine.com/wp/2013/08/college-recruiting-2-time-state-champion-rose-to-minnesota/#more-18426

Back to the Vet, and an open house. Nathan was there and I ask when will you be signing your letter of intent he said in about a week. I said we need to make sure the local paper, the Athletic Director, and the school are assembled for this. His mom interjected he doesn't think he wants all that attention. I told him a story about an 8th Grader watching the best Athlete at LTHS accept an appointment to West Point. The 8th grader was me and he was an 11 letter winner. I tried to let him know something like this comes along maybe once in lifetime. He is currently rated number 3 in the nation, and has beaten both number 2 and 1. He plans to redshirt.

Pretty cool. A powerful role to play.

Nathan signed his letter of National Letter of Intent. He wanted to keep in private. I appreciate his wishes, but at a small school like Sibley East, it has been about 15 years since we have had an athlete sign a Division 1 letter.

Top Bottom